i must firstly say that this a great forum... i am new here and would like your assistance... after all the good things said about focal, i when down for an audition...
I have got a problem here, as they got quite a selection... these are my possible confi:
1) 816V + CC800V + 705S = What I budgeted for + 30% more $$$
2) 716V + CC700V + SR700V = What I budgeted for + 25% more $$$
3) 716V + CC700V + 705S = What I budgeted for.
Should i go for better front and center (ie. 1) or a balance 700V series (ie 2)?
How impt is the surround speakers? Some say its just for effects so just any will do?
The way i look at it, if i were to go for(2), i must as well go for (1)... but then again if thats the case there will be no end in terms of upgrading
(3) would be more my budget... decisions decisions decisions...
- 800 V Series looks pretty spiffy... so much more than 700 V
- Chorus V series Made in France, True?
- Still deciding if i should increase my budget, are we talking about huge increase in SQ by going from (3) to (2) or (1)?
4M x 6.2 M
wall behind TV is 3 m in length... with about 1M of walkway to the left of TV...
Wall behind LCD is about 6.2 m away from the wall below...
with 2.8M x 3M dining area to the bottom left... (L shaped)
Sofa will be on the bottom...
surround speakers will be mounted on wall behind sofa?
also a stairs to the left of walkway and LCD...
HT/Music = 50/50
Music i listen to:
Rock, house, some vocals, and "New Age Jazz/Music"
Now, i would appreciate if i could get some HELP:
A) How does these speakers fit my needs?
B) What would you do if you were me? In terms of selecting (1), (2), or (3) due to my situation?