Originally Posted by haganjeff
Well, I spoke with ECR again today, now that I am past the 10 business day period before requesting an exchange for excessive delay. The local repair shop actually has received the new replacement light engine and could install on Monday. It was a tough decision, but I went ahead and requested the exchange and Samsung canceled the repair. The agent told me I should be contacted by the Exchange Department in a couple days. We'll see what the options are. The agent did say if I wasn't happy with the offer I could resubmit the request for repair. Bad thing is that would cause more waiting as she said they would send back the part when the repair was canceled.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reasonable offer on the 58" Plasma. I just have this gut feeling I won't be happy. Hope I'm wrong!
Update Again: Well, here I am on Thursday and nothing from Samsung's exchange department. I was told by ECR on Friday morning that they would put a high priority note on my account and I should get a call in the next 2 business days. That rep told me she would also cancel my repair appointment till I had an offer from the exchange department and decided what I wanted to do (she actually put me on hold to do this). To my surprise, the repair tech called on Monday and told me he was near my house with the part. I explained to him that it should have been cancelled by Samsung. Frustrating for them as I'm 40 miles from their shop.
By Wednesday I had not heard from the exchange department. I called ECR and they apologized and confirmed that i was on "Dave's" call list and that I would hear from him today. I pushed the rep to give me a specific time and she could not do it, but said it would be today.
Well, I did not go back to the office and stayed at home all day waiting on the exchange department call that never came. I called ECR again after 5pm and talked to a rep that said there was nothing he could do other than sending another request and suggested I would be called back in another 24 to 48 hours.
I am getting so tired of dealing with this. It's Thursday afternoon now and still no call. I wish I would have just gotten it repaired. I didn't really trust the repair as my first repair resulted in a defective light engine. The exchange offer better be good after all of this waiting.