or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Revel Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Revel Owners Thread - Page 103

post #3061 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthrb4u View Post

Also, what speakers did you get? I too live in Northeast pa and am a carpenter.


I didn't see this post, I bought the F50's, and I have a roofing and siding co in Scranton.
post #3062 of 6812
Sweet, i've been up around that area before and have a few buddies from school who moved back home to scranton recently. I've done quite a few roofs and hate doing it around here. All the houses are 150 years old, 3 stories high with 12/12 pitches lol. Love doing some siding though. Quick, easy and the customers are always happy afterwards because it's such a dramatic change to their house.
post #3063 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

Man, if I don't see a tracking number by 5 days, I would dispute w/ my CC & dispute w/ PayPal even if the seller says he's dying of cancer himself. eek.gif


Could you imagine I picked this guy? All the looking I did and I have the gut feeling it's either a scam or this guy left his page unattended while he's sitting in jail.
post #3064 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthrb4u View Post

Sweet, i've been up around that area before and have a few buddies from school who moved back home to scranton recently. I've done quite a few roofs and hate doing it around here. All the houses are 150 years old, 3 stories high with 12/12 pitches lol. Love doing some siding though. Quick, easy and the customers are always happy afterwards because it's such a dramatic change to their house.


I hear ya, going from the munsters house to a new place is something to see in a week or two. Thanks for the info btw, and if I make a claim I'm going through with it.
post #3065 of 6812
I made the payment through Paypal so does he have to show proof of shipment before he gets paid?
post #3066 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

I made the payment through Paypal so does he have to show proof of shipment before he gets paid?
He does not. Most legitimate dealers do not submit for payment until they ship, all they do initially is to get approval only for the payment amount. If your account has been charged and you don't have a tracking number within 48 hours of that charge initiate immediate contact with the seller, and if he doesn't provide a tracking number within 24 hours after that open a dispute at PayPal.
post #3067 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

He does not. Most legitimate dealers do not submit for payment until they ship, all they do initially is to get approval only for the payment amount. If your account has been charged and you don't have a tracking number within 48 hours of that charge initiate immediate contact with the seller, and if he doesn't provide a tracking number within 24 hours after that open a dispute at PayPal.


Ok, I tried contacting him 3 times. In his description he said allow 5 business days for shipment. But the fact that he's not getting back to me has me worried and the Paypal account says paid. So can he take his money right how or does he have to show some kind of proof? It would be way to easy to scam if they didn't have to verify anything. So I don't understand. It's only been 48 hours since I paid for them. Thanks Bill!
Edited by comfynumb - 2/1/13 at 9:49am
post #3068 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by denydog View Post

I've been following this thread ever since the Performa3's were announced. I want to upgrade my current speakers for improved sound, and my wife just agreed to new speakers to improve the asthetics. Hooray!

I found a dealer this morning with a pair of F208's on the floor, so I went over for a listen. I may have found my dream speaker. Anyway I'be been having a hard time picturing the size of the F208, and I wanted something to show my wife. I had the dealer stand next to one for reference while I snapped a quick pic in the low light. I don't think the guy is over 6'.




BTW- The speakers will be for the two channel system.
Tell your wife the guy is 5'5"
post #3069 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Ok, I tried contacting him 3 times. In his description he said allow 5 business days for shipment. But the fact that he's not getting back to me has me worried and the Paypal account says paid. So can he take his money right how or does he have to show some kind of proof? It would be way to easy to scam if they didn't have to verify anything. So I don't understand. It's only been 48 hours since I paid for them. Thanks Bill!
What was the guy's feedback rating?
post #3070 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post

What was the guy's feedback rating?



It was 93.7 only one negative feedback in a year. But that didn't raise a red flag with me till now. Paypal just told me to try and contact him through his email, not just message him on eBay, so I did. I said I was going to cancel the transaction very shortly if I didn't get a tracking number. It sounds like Paypal doesn't release their money for up to 21 days, just for this reason. Thanks.
post #3071 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Could you imagine I picked this guy? All the looking I did and I have the gut feeling it's either a scam or this guy left his page unattended while he's sitting in jail.

Did you pay via credit card on your PayPal?

I say if you don't have a tracking by the end of next week, dispute both PayPal & credit card.

And don't cancel the dispute until you get your speakers and they work perfectly.
post #3072 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Ok, I tried contacting him 3 times. In his description he said allow 5 business days for shipment. But the fact that he's not getting back to me has me worried and the Paypal account says paid. So can he take his money right how or does he have to show some kind of proof?
He may already have it. File a dispute with PayPal right now. If he does provide a legitimate tracking number you can stop the dispute. The longer you wait the greater the chance of being screwed.
post #3073 of 6812
Wow, hope you get everything sorted out comfynumb and that it is just a false scare.

On a some what brighter note, I just unpacked my studio 2's, my god are they ever gorgeous. Out of all the pictures and videos I have looked at over the years, and especially this past month, there hasn't been a single one that has done them justice. And yes, before anyone asks, I bought them sight unseen and without demoing. I know many think that a purchase like that without listening is utterly stupid but that's an argument for a different thread. Anyways, beautiful speakers in my opinion and so far with no more than a couple minutes setting them up in the same spot as my old speakers I am blown away at how nice they sound compared to my old speakers. Can't wait to get these dialed in!
post #3074 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

He may already have it. File a dispute with PayPal right now. If he does provide a legitimate tracking number you can stop the dispute. The longer you wait the greater the chance of being screwed.[/quote



Yes, I'm calling Paypal right now.
post #3075 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

Did you pay via credit card on your PayPal?

I say if you don't have a tracking by the end of next week, dispute both PayPal & credit card.

And don't cancel the dispute until you get your speakers and they work perfectly.



Ok, have you know someone that has done this?
post #3076 of 6812
Paypal told me it didn't go long enough to dispute, I have to wait it out. They also said if I get burnt they'll refund the money. It will just tie up my money possibly for a month. Sorry about the drama guys, I know this ain't facebook lol.


I called them back and they put a hold on his account and he has 10 days to provide a tracking number, or I get refunded.
Edited by comfynumb - 2/1/13 at 5:03pm
post #3077 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post

Wow, hope you get everything sorted out comfynumb and that it is just a false scare.

On a some what brighter note, I just unpacked my studio 2's, my god are they ever gorgeous. Out of all the pictures and videos I have looked at over the years, and especially this past month, there hasn't been a single one that has done them justice. And yes, before anyone asks, I bought them sight unseen and without demoing. I know many think that a purchase like that without listening is utterly stupid but that's an argument for a different thread. Anyways, beautiful speakers in my opinion and so far with no more than a couple minutes setting them up in the same spot as my old speakers I am blown away at how nice they sound compared to my old speakers. Can't wait to get these dialed in!

Robbbby, great to hear about your first impression. I am planning to get the Studio 2s within next few months. Got my Voice 2 a couple of weeks back. Moving slowly in the desired direction:)
Now running with my F52s. Driving using Integra 80.2, Sunfire TGA-5200, SubMersive, Oppo-103, Elite (Sharp) 70 inch.
BTW, what processor/preamp you are going to use for the Studio 2s? Is is going to be for music mainly or 50/50 with Movies? Just curious ...
post #3078 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Paypal told me it didn't go long enough to dispute, I have to wait it out. They also said if I get burnt they'll refund the money. It will just tie up my money possibly for a month. Sorry about the drama guys, I know this ain't facebook lol.


I called them back and they put a hold on his account and he has 10 days to provide a tracking number, or I get refunded.
No worries comfy.
I willing to bet there a lot of people here who've bought gear on the internet, me included and it can be a nervous process.
I've never had an issue, yet!, but it just reinforces the basics of using a payment method that gives you security.
Keep us posted and good luck bud.
post #3079 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Nothing wrong with a Marantz AVR man, they are the comeback kids of the decade IMO.

Even if they are really re-badged Denons.
post #3080 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post

Wow, hope you get everything sorted out comfynumb and that it is just a false scare.

On a some what brighter note, I just unpacked my studio 2's, my god are they ever gorgeous. Out of all the pictures and videos I have looked at over the years, and especially this past month, there hasn't been a single one that has done them justice. And yes, before anyone asks, I bought them sight unseen and without demoing. I know many think that a purchase like that without listening is utterly stupid but that's an argument for a different thread. Anyways, beautiful speakers in my opinion and so far with no more than a couple minutes setting them up in the same spot as my old speakers I am blown away at how nice they sound compared to my old speakers. Can't wait to get these dialed in!
Awesome!
They are gorgeous in every way aren't they?
Hope you had some help with the carrying etc.
Hey you're not the only dumbsh!t who bought these sight unseen, eek.gif
Although I did hear the Salons and other Revels.

Which leads me to something that's been bandied about regarding the finish on the Performa3s being "better" than the Ultimas.
While I've never seen the Performas, I can't imagine how or what makes the finish better.
I briefly had Dali Helicons prior to the Studios and both have what I would classify as a piano finish.

But whatever, I really don't care about a high gloss finish when it comes down to it, I only care about the sound.
I can tell you that you're in for a great weekend, rediscovering how your music collection really sounds.
Now don't stay up too late tonight son reveling(sorry) in your new-found audio nirvana. wink.gif
Edited by Milt99 - 2/1/13 at 5:28pm
post #3081 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Electra Glide View Post

Even if they are really re-badged Denons.
Oh really, I'd never read that, not that I've read much about the new Marantz Pre-Pro.
In my experience, and I've owned both Denon and Marantz gear nothing was cloned either way.
And your source for this data is....
post #3082 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post

Oh really, I'd never read that, not that I've read much about the new Marantz Pre-Pro.
In my experience, and I've owned both Denon and Marantz gear nothing was cloned either way.
And your source for this data is....

No offense but this is common knowledge.
post #3083 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post



Which leads me to something that's been bandied about regarding the finish on the Performa3s being "better" than the Ultimas.
While I've never seen the Performas, I can't imagine how or what makes the finish better.
I briefly had Dali Helicons prior to the Studios and both have what I would classify as a piano finish.
)

I saw a Dali Epicon 6 and it has an amazing finish. Best I've ever seen.

I was quoting Kevin Voeks, he said performa3's finish was better. But it's a moot point - it doesn't really matter. Bottom line is the studio2 sounds better. That's what matters
post #3084 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Ok, have you know someone that has done this?

I have done that. biggrin.gif

Dispute w/ your CC. They will in turn dispute PayPal. biggrin.gif

2 weeks with no responses is bad enough.
post #3085 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

I have done that. biggrin.gif

Dispute w/ your CC. They will in turn dispute PayPal. biggrin.gif



Yes, now I just have to wait it out a little while, but it looks like its going to work our for me.
post #3086 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdec View Post

No offense but this is common knowledge.
Believe me, I'm taking no offense whatsoever but I've never read that much less seen any proof but I honestly don't follow the AVR threads.
I won't belabor it so no more posts are required to prove it.
I have my own sources I can query if I remember.
News to me.
Thanks!
post #3087 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post

Oh really, I'd never read that, not that I've read much about the new Marantz Pre-Pro.
In my experience, and I've owned both Denon and Marantz gear nothing was cloned either way.
And your source for this data is....
Just look at the rear of the Denon & Marantz AVR & BD players. They look almost identical.
post #3088 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdec View Post

I saw a Dali Epicon 6 and it has an amazing finish. Best I've ever seen.

I was quoting Kevin Voeks, he said performa3's finish was better. But it's a moot point - it doesn't really matter. Bottom line is the studio2 sounds better. That's what matters
Yeah, I wasn't quoting anyone here, just the video with Voecks extolling the virtues of the Performas and how they'd teamed up with an Italian firm on the finish.
It was just something that caught my ear when the guy pressed him about being it better than the Ultimas and it made think, really? better? how?
I mean if anyone should know it's him.
post #3089 of 6812
Are Revel speakers made in America?
post #3090 of 6812
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

Just look at the rear of the Denon & Marantz AVR & BD players. They look almost identical.
I'm very detailed oriented regarding rear-ends believe me, but AVRs of any brand are at the bottom of that list. cool.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Revel Owners Thread