Guys, I got a problem. I just sold my SDI Modified DV-981HD, which I used for YEARS with no problems, with my VP30 w/ABT card and SDI module. Well, I recently sold the unit to a gentleman and he is insisting that the unit I sold him does not work.
Below is what we know thus far:
1. The OPPO DV-981 is set at NTSC
2. The VP50 has the latest firmware. It's practically brand new.
3. The problem is not the HDMI cable, tried several of them.
4. The OPPO DV-981 is output to the VP50 and the VP50 is output to the display which is a brand new Panasonic 1080P plasma.
5. The settings are correct in the OPPO DV-981 and VP50 as far as I know
6. As a standalone, with the OPPO connected directly to the plasma, at 1080P, the flashing blue streaks across the screen are always there and the display blanks out including the audio every minute or so. At 480P, no
blue streaks and no blanking out but the image is small (480 displayed in
a 1080 screen). So as a standalone, with the OPPO DV-981 directly connected to the display at 1080P, the blue streak and blanking will always be there.
You can use 480P but it displays a small image. I think this means that this OPPO DV-981 cannot display 1080p properly and as I said before I have a DV-980 and 1080p is displayed properly with no issues.
7. With OPPO DV-981 connected to the VP50, at 480p or 1080p, the streaks go away and no blanking.
9. Here is my connection when trying to use SDI:
OPPO DV-981==> SDI Out ==> BNC cable ==> VP50 SDI In
VP50 HDMI Out ==> HDMI cable ==> Plasma HDMI In
Result: Blank screen, no sound
VP50 Remote: SDI button pressed. Result: VP50 Blue light does not come on. Always red which means no SDI signal detected from the OPPO DV-981.
Display remained blank, no sound.
In the above setup, the only connection from the OPPO DV-981 to the VP50 is via the SDI ports using the BNC cable. No other cables used.
I was thinking perhaps a HDCP issue but he says his DV 980 works fine with 1080P.