or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2007 Mitsubishi 732 series Owner's Thread (57732, 65732, 73732)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2007 Mitsubishi 732 series Owner's Thread (57732, 65732, 73732) - Page 80

post #2371 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Preshoot View Post

DLP Lamp Source Dot Com
They have original equipment (Osram) lamps and offer a 1 yr warranty. You can purchase just the lamp or a lamp already pre-installed in a housing. I have a spare housing so I only buy the lamp, install it in the housing then immediately put the new lamp in service (to avail muself of any possible warranty claim, should there be one). I'm on my 3rd lamp in 4 years, but feel that's pretty normal as our 732 sees constant daily use from 10 to 16 hours a day, every day. 6000 hours on a single lamp is very good.

we had a samsung with over 12,000 hours on original bulb.the one we presently have a hlr model is close to same hours on original bulb.
post #2372 of 2650
Is there any way to check if the ballast is bad?
post #2373 of 2650
Just got my new lamp. But while taking out the enclosure I noticed the screen is really dirty. Does this have adverse effect on the picture? Should it be clean?
post #2374 of 2650
Quote:


we had a samsung with over 12,000 hours on original bulb.

That beats the old record of over 9k hours.

I don't know how much of this would apply here (if any);
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i.../inffluor.html

sanjaygolf; I assume you bought just the "lamp", not the whole assembly and the "screen" you mentioned is of the original housing? Either brush off or vacuum the screen carefully.
post #2375 of 2650
I was wondering if someone could help me. This barely happened yesterday and so far nothing wrong has gone on with my tv until now. I just upgraded my pc with a new graphics card and power supply. After reboot i decided to put on a video and behold no sound on the tv. Which was odd before it was fine. I have my pc running to the tv through hdmi and the sound with a RCA jack.

Now I did the whole go into the menu-input- and deleted the PC input setting while my pc and rca audio was disconnected. I plugged it back in and it gave me the new hardware setting. Set it up and still i get the picture but no audio. I even did the whole go to menu press 1 2 3 to do a full system reset and re set up all my equipment still no audio.

I know its not the pc since i am running the audio to my surround sound receiver and it works fine. Is there any way to fix this to get the audio to my tv i have been racking my brain trying to figure it out @_@ any help i will deeply appreciate it.
post #2376 of 2650
Sounds as it's more a PC issue.
Using terms such as "rca jack" is misleading since that can mean analog audio or coaxial audio. Both completely different. Are you referring to analog stereo using a pair of RCA jacks? If so, then I would say it is a PC issue. The "video" you mention, I assume is a DVD?

I never bother with the pathetic internal audio from any TV. I always go into a external int. amp or receiver.
post #2377 of 2650
Is there a way to "reset" the tv's lamp hours when replacing a lamp or do I just have to keep up with the previous hours and subtract the difference? Troy
post #2378 of 2650
As stated before, I don't believe so, but that is a benefit since you have the total numbers of hours on the TV available. Just keep track of the hours when you change the lamp. Write it down in the manual and/or place a label on the back of the set near the lamp housing.
post #2379 of 2650
Hi,
Since the world cup is coming up soon, I'm going to order a spare lamp. I've had my 65732 for 4 years, with no lamp replacements. I just checked my hours tonight, and it shows "00005"? Anyone know why the hours might be off?
Thanks,
Gerry
post #2380 of 2650
pottingshed; Some type of full reset, or you have over 10k hours on the TV.
post #2381 of 2650
I have two DVR2160's for sale. One operates 100%, but the other has a bad interface board that I confirmed by swapping boards between the two.
Both drives have a copy of HD Net's test patterns (a 15 minute segment). Both also have very low hours. These work off of older Samsung, Mits and Toshiba TV's with 1394 ports.

The one with the bad interface board could easily be modified for a external HDD enclosure for a PC.

PM me if interested.
post #2382 of 2650
I can tell you why the lamps says 00005. The TV has reset itself. I have a 57831, almost
4 years old and have never replaced the lamp. The TV started resetting itself every couple of weeks, a few months ago. I turn the set on, and it defaults to the Antenna 1 input.

It just did it overnight Sunday. I am now back to 00003 hours on the set! Aren't these sets great?
post #2383 of 2650
Do you have TVGOS enabled?
Have you done a full reset?
Do you have CATV?
Do you have OTA?
post #2384 of 2650
Videobruce,

If your reply to is to me, yes to all questions.

I did a full reset a while back to see if that would "stop" the resets.

Why did you ask about the TV Guide? Is that a possible culprit?
post #2385 of 2650
It could be if it is enabled. What town are you in, what market?
post #2386 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

It could be if it is enabled. What town are you in, what market?

Hershey, PA Area

I've tried disabling it, but then every few time I turn the set on, I'll get this blue screen
reminding that TV Guide is Disabled. Since I only use my OTA input once in a blue moon
anymore, perhaps I should just unhook the antenna input cable and disable it?

So...........you really think that the TV Guide is the issue, and my set isn't malfunctioning?

BTW, ordered a new lamp from my extended warranty co today, my first since I bought the set in Sept 2006. Going to replace the lamp and clean the lens again (my third time).

Seems my usage warrants a cleaning every six months. I had 2 LE Replacements before
I discovered the LC Procedure.
post #2387 of 2650
Exactly which 'reset' did you use? There are five different levels of resets. The most severe is the "Factory Restore" which dumps everything including any SM 'tweaks' (color settings & calibrations). Since this is a 'odd' situation, I would go for at least the "Initialize" (2nd from the top of resets) by going into the service menu (Menu, 2470), press Initialize [first entry should be highlighted], then press enter. There is no confirmation and no going back. It's way too easy to accidentally do this.

The Factory Defaults is:
Menu, 2457, 0, choose 'Restore Factory Defaults' press enter.

I have never done this. Both should dump TVGOS also. You wind up with a set the way it was delivered. I don't know if the last choice resets the lamp count, the others do not. As far as OTA, if you have it, use it. That's not the problem (unless the set got zapped by nearby lightning). You could also try disabling TVGOS and see if that matters.
post #2388 of 2650
I did the "Initalize", from the 2470 menu. I'm ready to try the "most severe". I couldn't gleem from your post above exactly how to get to that. (Probably apparent if I had the set in front to of me but I'm at work)

Do you mind posting the total factory reset instr? Thanks1
post #2389 of 2650
Before you do, have you disabled TVGOS and if so, was there any change (does it still have the issue)?
Quote:
The Factory Defaults is:
Menu, 2457, 0, choose 'Restore Factory Defaults' press enter.

I don't know if it will make a difference, but it can't (or shouldn't) hurt.
post #2390 of 2650
Is there a calibration thread on this set? I just used the avs hd calibration disc and not too thrilled w/ the results.
post #2391 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Before you do, have you disabled TVGOS and if so, was there any change (does it still have the issue)?I don't know if it will make a difference, but it can't (or shouldn't) hurt.

I don't have that option under the menu, 2457, 0. I get an option to backup the Light Engine settings to EPROM, and that is it. Perhaps that's a leftover command from one of
my LE replacements? Nowhere does it prompt to restore factory defaults.
post #2392 of 2650
The quote isn't related to your reply.
TVGOS is in the main menu. The 'restore' procedure was taken from the SM. I have never done this and only entered that 2457 menu once, I believe, just to 'scope' it out.
post #2393 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

The quote isn't related to your reply.
TVGOS is in the main menu. The 'restore' procedure was taken from the SM. I have never done this and only entered that 2457 menu once, I believe, just to 'scope' it out.

Don't know how I managed to use the wrong quote. It was early in the morning, I guess!

Anyway, I have the SM somewhere on my HD and I'll scope out the command for the
most aggressive reset sometime this weekend. Thanks, as always, for all of your help!
post #2394 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavjr View Post

I have seen several posts about this same problem, but have not seen a definate answer to the problem??? TV was working this a.m. but no makes this clicking noise and the sound will come on with no video. The clicking noise will repeat every 15 to 20 seconds until the set shuts down.

Did not want to spend money on a bulb if not neccessary... Anyone able to shed any light on this??

Thanks! Wayne

Mine just did this on me today, anyone have any insight on this or the troubleshooting procedures?
post #2395 of 2650
Is the lamp actually on? (look from the rear)
post #2396 of 2650
OMFG!!
My screen is cracked what do I do?!? Its about 3x3". Now that im calm, i need to find a solution to this. Can It be repaired some how or can I pick one up somewhere?
post #2397 of 2650
1. Don't use that stupid "OMG" acronym,
2. Get the Service Manual (search on line),
3. Look up the part number and order it from Mits. It can't be repaired. It will cost, especially shipping since it is oversized.

How did you manage to do this?
post #2398 of 2650
I apologize in advance in the event my issue has already been answered. The size of this thread is a bit overwhelming.

I was watching my beloved 57732 the other day and without any warning, the TV screen went black and then shut itself off. I waited a couple of minutes, turned it back on, and this time, after what seemed like the normal power on cycle, a picture never appeared, the green light stopped flashing and the red light came on. Next I unplugged the set, waited a few minutes then turned it back on again with the same resulting red light. At this point I gave up and the next day I decided to try a few things.

First, since I've replaced the lamp once already with one I purchased from DLP Lamp Source last July, I thought I'd pull the lamp assy out and see if anything was visibly wrong. Everything looked okay to me so I plugged the unit back in. Next I got out my shop vac and used it (it has a leaf blower option) to blow air into both side vents in an attempt to get any buildup of dust out. I've done that before with no ill effects, so I didn't see any harm in doing it again.

After all this, I plugged the TV back in and this time I had a picture again. I left the set on for a while, and then turned it off. A few hours later, when I turned it back on, the same problem as previously described occured again. That's where I am right now, with no idea what to try next.

I'll add that other than replacing the bulb, I haven't had a lick of trouble with this TV. Purchased in 2007, never did any firmware updates, and I've been very happy with the picture quality from day one.

Any input into where I go from here would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #2399 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

I apologize in advance in the event my issue has already been answered. The size of this thread is a bit overwhelming.

I was watching my beloved 57732 the other day and without any warning, the TV screen went black and then shut itself off. I waited a couple of minutes, turned it back on, and this time, after what seemed like the normal power on cycle, a picture never appeared, the green light stopped flashing and the red light came on. Next I unplugged the set, waited a few minutes then turned it back on again with the same resulting red light. At this point I gave up and the next day I decided to try a few things.

First, since I've replaced the lamp once already with one I purchased from DLP Lamp Source last July, I thought I'd pull the lamp assy out and see if anything was visibly wrong. Everything looked okay to me so I plugged the unit back in. Next I got out my shop vac and used it (it has a leaf blower option) to blow air into both side vents in an attempt to get any buildup of dust out. I've done that before with no ill effects, so I didn't see any harm in doing it again.

After all this, I plugged the TV back in and this time I had a picture again. I left the set on for a while, and then turned it off. A few hours later, when I turned it back on, the same problem as previously described occured again. That's where I am right now, with no idea what to try next.

I'll add that other than replacing the bulb, I haven't had a lick of trouble with this TV. Purchased in 2007, never did any firmware updates, and I've been very happy with the picture quality from day one.

Any input into where I go from here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey you!
post #2400 of 2650
I recommend you get a new lamp and this time get it from Mitsubishi. the one you have is done.

don't ever touch the lamp itself. the oils from your skin will damage the lamp and diminish its life.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2007 Mitsubishi 732 series Owner's Thread (57732, 65732, 73732)