or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Heroes on NBC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heroes on NBC - Page 13  

post #361 of 4855
He better hope he doesn't teleport to the bottom of the ocean, or the moon.
post #362 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post

Strange...I didn't have any audio problems via TWC LA.


DISH reception was fine for both Audio/Video from the Dallas area.
post #363 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolard View Post



No I didn't, but thanks for pointing it out, you are correct. The girl would not have been in danger if they had not been there.

Hmm, food for thought.

Yeah, that was the first thing my fiance mentioned..."It was HIS fault!" :-)
post #364 of 4855
Interesting video clips summarizing the show, sneak peaks at upcoming episodes, and behind the scenes interviews with the cast at:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/group?g...1&fr=&p=heroes
post #365 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJConnel View Post

Does anyone else think that the guy at the bar with the symbol necklace (Jimmy Jean-Louis as Mysterious Man) might be Sylar? He seemed to be masking his thoughts from the telepathic cop (Greg Grunberg as Matt Parkman) while staring straight at him.


I wondered the same. I watched the show tonight and was surprised that only MJ had commented on the scene. It's probably too obvious that the silent mind in the noisy bar with the (Sylar?) symbol necklace is Sylar or related to him, but this is TV, after all.

Audio: Sacramento OTA was fine. No echoes or other problems. I wonder if there were problems with the east coast feed that were corrected by the time of the west coast airing?
post #366 of 4855
I like this show. Between this and Studio 60, it is refreshing to watch something different than the CSI show or one of it's ripoffs.
post #367 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberjgl View Post

Nobody noticed that Hiro caused the accident when he "saved" the little schoolgirl?... Got me thinking that maybe he (or he with some help from the other "hero's" or "sylars") inadvertently causes the big explosion in New York, and maybe he'll catch on that he is causing things when he stops over in Las Vegas on the way to New York and uses his powers a couple times.

I hope they give us a stronger indication of this "unintended consequence". While what you said was true, there was also a bicyclist in the path of where the truck would have been, and it did not appear that he had swerved out of the way (he appeared to be crossing the street in the opposite direction of the girl - but I'll have to double check). So if Hiro didn't save the girl, he saved the cyclist. Or the director just made a mistake in the placement of this guy.
post #368 of 4855
here in San Diego, CA on Cox the audio sounded like it was coming from a tunnel. Picture was HD all the way through. Quite a bit of macroblocking though, especially noticible in scenes with the cheerleader. And yes, we have the stupid NBC weather plus channel here.
post #369 of 4855
Normally when the cheerleader chick gets killed, she comes back to life almost instantly. Why was she "dead" for so long this time? She came back right after they removed the "stake" from her head. Does she have an achilles' heel after all?
post #370 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakon View Post

I hope they give us a stronger indication of this "unintended consequence". While what you said was true, there was also a bicyclist in the path of where the truck would have been, and it did not appear that he had swerved out of the way (he appeared to be crossing the street in the opposite direction of the girl - but I'll have to double check). So if Hiro didn't save the girl, he saved the cyclist. Or the director just made a mistake in the placement of this guy.

I think it was the fault of the idiot driving too fast down a crowded street.
post #371 of 4855
I think that little girl is the mastermind behind the NY nuke. Way to go Ziro.
post #372 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by boku View Post

Normally when the cheerleader chick gets killed, she comes back to life almost instantly. Why was she "dead" for so long this time? She came back right after they removed the "stake" from her head. Does she have an achilles' heel after all?

It's been established that her injuries won't heal until the foreign matter causing the injury is removed.

I think if she gets shot in the heart or head, or is decapitated, that will be it for her. Also, she is susceptible to Sylar cutting open her skull and pulling out her brain.
post #373 of 4855
Could there be any truth in my theory that Sylar is not a person, but a group of baddies? Something like the group of X-Men that hang out with Magneto?
post #374 of 4855
On the geography book the cheerleader took out of her locker, on the bottom edge of the pages she wrote GEOGRAPHY then the symbol.

On the airplane when Hiro showed the page of the lady sleeping on his buddy, it was drawn into Hiro's lips.

In Close Encounters, everyone had visions of the mountain/mesa where the craft landed and were obsessed with drawing or sculpting it. It appears the helix symbol is some how "burned" into their minds.
post #375 of 4855
I know one thing, they are really making that symbol obvious to viewers. How many times do they have to show it to us?
post #376 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

How many times do they have to show it to us?

Ya, it's getting old. Like as if they think we're too stupid not to pick up on it the first couple of times. Are they trying to show that everything is tied together? That should be obvious with good writing.
post #377 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post

Both times by the same guy too I might add.

Good point. I do find it interesting that if she weren't superhuman she would have been killed twice in 2 episodes, and she wasn't doing anything that she wouldn't have been normally doing either time. I mean, it's not like she was taking any risks that a normal teenager wouldn't take.
post #378 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post

Good point. I do find it interesting that if she weren't superhuman she would have been killed twice in 2 episodes, and she wasn't doing anything that she wouldn't have been normally doing either time. I mean, it's not like she was taking any risks that a normal teenager wouldn't take.

I pretty much gotta chalk that up to "it's a TV show". The last one I can understand, because I'm sure they will do something with the storyline with everyone thinking the girl is dead, but with the football field accident, the writers probably felt they needed something superpowerish to happen during a slow moment or something. It's a bit silly, I mean we got the point that the girl is indestructable, but it's a fantasy show so I'll give them a pass.
post #379 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbatch View Post

Yeah, I noticed it. The first thing I thought was that he was going to be responsible for her death. That's an old theme used on shows where people can see the future - they try to fix things and end up causing them. I was surprised when he stopped everything and saved her.

That's the first time we've seen what it's like from his point of view when he stops time. I assume when he ended up in the girls bathroom he just stopped time and wandered on in unnoticed.

Star Trek Voyager did an episode on this.
post #380 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Quote:


That's an old theme used on shows where people can see the future - they try to fix things and end up causing them. I was surprised when he stopped everything and saved her.

That's the first time we've seen what it's like from his point of view when he stops time. I assume when he ended up in the girls bathroom he just stopped time and wandered on in unnoticed.

Star Trek Voyager did an episode on this.

The Twilight Zone was there first:

"Back There," in which a man travels back in time and attempts to stop Lincoln's assassination, unsuccessfully. In fact, he's the one to give John Wilkes Boothe the idea in the first place...

"A Kind of Stopwatch," wherein we have a stopwatch that can stop time. But when the central character breaks it while time is stopped, he finds himself stuck in a frozen world. The Granddaddy of all time-stopping stories!

~Dan
post #381 of 4855
Question for all you thinkers out there. I didn't read it here which I am a little suprised of. You can never catch up to the "lost" Thread in postings if you don't look at every angle, HA HA!

TEENAGED girl can't hurt herself. When introduced to use she was on try #8 I think(Someone can clarify which one she was up to). But the question is. She found her powers out somehow. Do you think she was trying to commit suicide the first time she discovered her powers? Because she does play the part upset. Not a happy girl. She was going into extreme conditions hoping it wouldn't work. But now that she saved someone she felt good about herself. Just something I was thinking.
post #382 of 4855
She was on try #6 on the video.

I don't think a suicidal girl could be a cheerleader, since they are supposed to be cheerful, and popular. However, we have seen that Claire is somewhat accident prone, although that may be a by-product of her power. I can imagine thousands of ways she could discover that she has rapid regenerative powers without attempting suicide.

She is upset now because the powers make her a freak in her own eyes, and not worthy of her glorified status in high school.

Returning from the dead is going to be a bit hard to explain to her classmates.
post #383 of 4855
She easily could have found her powers from something as simple as watching a paper cut heal.

- Tom
post #384 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Shing View Post

She was on try #6 on the video.

I don't think a suicidal girl could be a cheerleader, since they are supposed to be cheerful, and popular. However, we have seen that Claire is somewhat accident prone, although that may be a by-product of her power. I can imagine thousands of ways she could discover that she has rapid regenerative powers without attempting suicide.

She is upset now because the powers make her a freak in her own eyes, and not worthy of her glorified status in high school.

Returning from the dead is going to be a bit hard to explain to her classmates.

That is true, but remember what all the cheerleader movies of the past have taught us. It is hard for them to look so happy each day, it takes a lot of work to be most popular and their is always someone that wants to take away your most popular status.

I really couldn't think of any natural way for her to discover her powers other then girls spend a lot of time in tubs and had a radio in the tub mishap or a curling iron short. But I am not a girl maybe a girl could think of other ways.

I like your thinking about her thinking she is a freak. She is talking to the "nerd" of the school which brings her down a notch and trust him with her most intimate secret. Knowing that her class, click, status quo, what ever you want to call it will not approach him for details of the friendship. If they approach him it is to give him a weggie, put pooh in his locker and ask him to do the science homework.
post #385 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

Could there be any truth in my theory that Sylar is not a person, but a group of baddies? Something like the group of X-Men that hang out with Magneto?

The guy sitting at the table in the bar is Sylar. Or maybe he is just the owner of the comic book company and likes to wear their logo around his neck.

post #386 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbarry View Post

She easily could have found her powers from something as simple as watching a paper cut heal.

- Tom

Yes, but you got to remember like AL pointed out this is HS. Why would she go down a click to the "nerd" population to open up about it her powers and film it. Something simple like a papercut would be a friendship thing. Regular Girltalk. Something cool that happened once that she tells her friends. For her to jump school lines something major had to happen for her to find out her powers. Then she needed him, assuming he is good with science, or was on the AV squad and good with a camera to explain why this is happening to her.
post #387 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyinnyc View Post

I really couldn't think of any natural way for her to discover her powers other then girls spend a lot of time in tubs and had a radio in the tub mishap or a curling iron short. But I am not a girl maybe a girl could think of other ways.

Rapid healing venereal disease?
post #388 of 4855
That is not right, funny but not right!
post #389 of 4855
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post

The Twilight Zone was there first:

"Back There," in which a man travels back in time and attempts to stop Lincoln's assassination, unsuccessfully. In fact, he's the one to give John Wilkes Boothe the idea in the first place...

~Dan

There was even an episode of the terrible UPN version of TZ like this, where a woman goes back in time and decides she must commit an act of infanticide on baby Hitler. She finally does it, killing herself in the process, but the nanny decides to buy a homeless ladies baby as a replacement rather than informing the parents that their real baby has been killed, and of course this homeless baby had the genetic disposition to be prone to genocidal leanings or something.

There's also the Terminator movies... in the first one a soldier from the future is sent back to protect a young lady so she will give birth to a future leader and hero, and he winds up fathering the said leader and hero. In the sequel it is revealed that the remains of the first terminator was used to develop the AI technology that eventually runs amuck, so in a sense, the first terminator goes back in time and "fathers" the technology that spawned it.

Also La Jetee/12 Monkeys... more so with La Jetee because it is the memory of witnessing a man's death and seeing the woman as a child that allows the character to travel back in time without losing his mind.

With time travel theory, there are only two paths of logic: One is that a timeline cannot be altered. These scenarios must follow that logic because it involves a person going back in time and setting the course of events that eventually leads to them going back in time. These timelines cannot be logically altered because changing them would change the course of events and they would not wind up going back in time and setting off the course of events that eventually causes them to go back in time in the first place. Did I say that right?

The other path of logic is the parallel universe theory. When someone goes back in time and alters a timeline, this creates a parallel timeline, or universe. These scenarios can't occur because going back in time creates an alternate timeline which would not effect anything that happened in the timeline the traveler started from.

Okay, now I've confused myself.
post #390 of 4855
Wait... Are you telling me that you all saw Heroes in HD on Monday night? Dammit!!! I knew my local affiliate or cable company screwed something up. I was hoping the rest of the country only got the SD feed as us in Hawaii. The whole primetime lineup was in SD on Monday. Damn I hate living here!

~Sy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Heroes on NBC