or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Lumagen RadianceXD - featuring Gennum VXP (!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lumagen RadianceXD - featuring Gennum VXP (!!) - Page 95

post #2821 of 3414
Jeff,

Leave it alone, it will automatically turn off scaling when it can even in a 2.35 setup.

Shawn
post #2822 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfogg View Post

Jeff,

Leave it alone, it will automatically turn off scaling when it can even in a 2.35 setup.

Shawn

Thanks and will do.
post #2823 of 3414
Thanks for the clarification guys, good to know this issue has already been addressed.
post #2824 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusKiller View Post

The Lumagen NoRing scaling algorithm in the Radiance (and other Lumagen products) incorporates some mosquito NR. The softening claims came about with pre-production software. Production software contains the ability to bypass scaling independently in the horizontal and vertical directions. For display resolution equal to source resolution, scaling is automatically disabled by default, though the settings can be set manually. For vertical stretching for CIH setups, horizontal scaling can be disabled.

So does this mean pass-through is currently available for the same resolution in/out?
post #2825 of 3414
Yes.
post #2826 of 3414
By default without making any changes?
post #2827 of 3414
Yes. You can check by bringing up the info screen and pressing "Alt" twice (IIRC).
post #2828 of 3414
I'm having problems updating to the latest firmwares.

The most recent which has successfully updated is 061508.

062008 updates and appears successful, checking info shows updated firmware. But when trying to change any settings it freezes and becomes unresponsive. This occurs through regular firmware update or bootloader method.

071108 updater goes through usual process and appears to complete. When turning on after the update, display reports an signal, but remains black. Radiance is then unresponsive. This occurs through regular firmware update or bootloader method.

Any thoughts?
post #2829 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

I'm having problems updating to the latest firmwares.

The most recent which has successfully updated is 061508.

062008 updates and appears successful, checking info shows updated firmware. But when trying to change any settings it freezes and becomes unresponsive. This occurs through regular firmware update or bootloader method.

071108 updater goes through usual process and appears to complete. When turning on after the update, display reports an signal, but remains black. Radiance is then unresponsive. This occurs through regular firmware update or bootloader method.

Any thoughts?

I am running 6/20 and have no problems. Make sure you disconnect ALL source INPUTS to the Radiance before updating and try again. If that doesn't work, I suggest you post the problem in the Lumagen users forum. Good luck.
post #2830 of 3414
When is 24fps and 48 fps output coming from i60 input with 2:3 pulldown?
post #2831 of 3414
Quote:


When is 24fps and 48 fps output coming from i60 input with 2:3 pulldown?

To me this is the most important feature not yet added. Dish and Directv now or will soon have 100 HD national channels many of which are HD movies. Watching in 24p would be nice.
post #2832 of 3414
Presently the 1080p24 output on the Radiance is only implemented for 1080p24 input. It is quite a bit of work for us to do the full implementation of 1080p24 output for all input rates. My quess is that we are a few months away from working on this.

Have you tried using the 1080p48 output mode? I think that it should be working correctly. Let us know if you see any issues.

Best regards,
Randy Freeman
post #2833 of 3414
Unfortunately my pj does not accept 48p, only 24p, 50p and 60p.
post #2834 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyFreeman View Post

Presently the 1080p24 output on the Radiance is only implemented for 1080p24 input. It is quite a bit of work for us to do the full implementation of 1080p24 output for all input rates. My quess is that we are a few months away from working on this.

Have you tried using the 1080p48 output mode? I think that it should be working correctly. Let us know if you see any issues.

Best regards,
Randy Freeman

I thought we were only talking about interlaced to 24p output. Not "all input rates" to 24p. I think I remember Jim explicitly ruling out 60p to 24p for example.
post #2835 of 3414
If Randy is talking about converting "all input rates" to 24p, please, let's not discourage him.

In particular, 720p60->1080p24 (for film-based sources) would be a great thing to have.

60Hz interlaced to 24p as well, of course.
post #2836 of 3414
All input rates would be great but if it speeds things along initially the most popular rates could get things going for most situations. Other rates could be added later.

From my limited perspective the most popular rates would be 480i/540i and 1080i and maybe 480p, all at 50/60Hz. But maybe it is just as easy to do "all or none."

Out of curiousity what would be a source for 720p60->1080p24?
post #2837 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post

Out of curiosity what would be a source for 720p60->1080p24?

Most ABC and Fox network shows are film-sourced and broadcast at 720p60.
post #2838 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post

All input rates would be great but if it speeds things along initially the most popular rates could get things going for most situations. Other rates could be added later.

From my limited perspective the most popular rates would be 480i/540i and 1080i and maybe 480p, all at 50/60Hz. But maybe it is just as easy to do "all or none."

Out of curiousity what would be a source for 720p60->1080p24?

+ 1 ...I agree that conversion to 24p on the popular/common rates is the ONE item I am waiting for.
post #2839 of 3414
I'm not trying to mislead anyone. We won't be doing cadence detection for 480p, 720p or 1080p60 video sources.
post #2840 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyFreeman View Post

I'm not trying to mislead anyone. We won't be doing cadence detection for 480p, 720p or 1080p60 video sources.

Randy,
Is this because it is physically impossible or because you guys do not see a need for it? Also, will the Radiance Pro be able to do this (cadence detection)?
Thanks,
Laggs
post #2841 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post

Unfortunately my pj does not accept 48p, only 24p, 50p and 60p.

Same here. It would be really appreciated if the special but very frequent case of 1080i with 2:3 pulldown to 1080p24 were implemented soon and not delayed for several months. The other cases are less urgent.
post #2842 of 3414
RE: 480i60 and 1080i60 film to 24p conversion, my request has already gone to Lumagen, but I'll re-iterate it here: This feature, proven to work well in the Vision HD series, was one of the *main* reasons I bought Lumagen over DVDO and PMS. The simple truth is that Vision HD products have this feature and the production software of the Radiance doesn't. For this reason, at the moment, I would have been better off buying the HDQ.

Please can the addition of this feature be given the utmost priority?
post #2843 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusKiller View Post

RE: 480i60 and 1080i60 film to 24p conversion, my request has already gone to Lumagen, but I'll re-iterate it here: This feature, proven to work well in the Vision HD series, was one of the *main* reasons I bought Lumagen over DVDO and PMS. The simple truth is that Vision HD products have this feature and the production software of the Radiance doesn't. For this reason, at the moment, I would have been better off buying the HDQ.

Please can the addition of this feature be given the utmost priority?

I'm also patiently awaiting this feature as is it's something I sacrificed (on the basis it would be available at production status) by upgrading from the HPD.

I have a reasonable R1 DVD and HD DVD (1080i from Tosh A1) collection I would also like to see this high on the priority list.

D
post #2844 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzerxxx View Post

I'm also patiently awaiting this feature as is it's something I sacrificed (on the basis it would be available at production status) by upgrading from the HPD.

I have a reasonable R1 DVD and HD DVD (1080i from Tosh A1) collection I would also like to see this high on the priority list.

D

+1

I'm not sure why it would take several months to get to production software. It seems a more wanted feature than any of the other planned post-released promised features.
post #2845 of 3414
24fps

+1
post #2846 of 3414
The full implementation of the 1080p24 output on the Radiance is at the top of the list. We will be starting to work on this big project soon.

Best regards,
Randy Freeman
post #2847 of 3414
what about auto switching(auto sensing) from different sources(ie. ps3 , cable,dvd player,etc..)instead of using input +#'s from the remote....
(wife and kids would love that).....
post #2848 of 3414
Is there any chance we could get more than 8 output configurations? I'm already running out of them: CMS on versus Off, 24 HZ versus 60 Hz output, Gamma 2.2 versus 2.4. No place for 50Hz output for example.
post #2849 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafner View Post

Is there any chance we could get more than 8 output configurations? I'm already running out of them: CMS on versus Off, 24 HZ versus 60 Hz output, Gamma 2.2 versus 2.4. No place for 50Hz output for example.

This is planned - see the FAQ in my thread. However it's not a high priority right now. If enough people ask for it that might change though, Lumagen is rather responsive to the users' needs.
post #2850 of 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post

Lumagen is rather responsive to the users' needs.

Except they're rather busy now on genlock and 60i to 24p.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Lumagen RadianceXD - featuring Gennum VXP (!!)