Originally Posted by jcalabria
Originally Posted by videobruce
Then what the hell is the line:
"Software Version: OTA 22.214.171.1241" suppose to be??
That's a hell of a place to bury that data.
There used to be another set of diagnostics available just for ODN that had the ODN version number right on its first page, but access to this set of diagnostics was removed in ODN 5.2. Loss of that set of diagnostics is not such a big deal... the two major pieces of useful information in the ODN diagnostics were the ODN version number (which is still accessible elsewhere, as you now know), and SDV diagnostic information which most folks wouldn't have a clue how to decipher. The hardware diagnostics are still the most useful, particularly for checking RF levels.
The ODN diags are still available -
Front Panel Sequence: (power can be on or off)
1. Hit [SELECT] + [CH-] momentarily, and release.
2. Wait ~9 seconds until the message indicator flashes
3. Hit [CH-] momentarily (while the message indicator is sill flashing)
4. Notice that DIAG now appears on the front panel display
Remote Sequence: (power can be on or off)
1. Press and hold [Select]
2. Continue to hold while the power indicator is flashing
3. Continue to hold until the message indicator starts flashing, then release
4. Hit the DOWN navigation button (while the message indicator is flashing)
5. Notice that DIAG now appears on the front panel display
Turn power on (if it was off when the above procedures were conducted)
-nonyEdited by nony - 9/9/12 at 9:14am