Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
I'm considering both these receivers; the 987 (or 2807) and the 804. May I ask why you switched and what your overall impressions are of both receivers in camparison with one another? Thank you.
The Denon 987 was my receiver of choice until I -
1. Discovered the remote was the absolutely worst remote I have ever encountered.
2. Attempted to use read the so called instruction manual. Ill organized, poorly written and hard to reference.
3. Found the 987 very difficult to use.
4. Wide audio level variation during DTV HD programing.
5. Difficultity with video upconversion.
6. Small text size on unit display.
7. Poor OSD (cheap looking).
8. Terrible tech support.
9. Difficult speaker setup.
10. Seemilngly limited output from subwoofer.
Admittedly, some or all of these problems may stem from my own weaknesses but IMO the 987 is a very user unfriendly AVR.