or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Jericho' on CBS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Jericho' on CBS - Page 104

post #3091 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2C View Post

Presumably he still hadn't heard back from Cheyenne when his subordinates choose to follow him.

Didn't he say that they were in there trying to figure out what to do with him? It wouldn't be up to his subordinates to decide if he would be charged with treason or not.
post #3092 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJPC View Post

One thing that I noticed. After Beck informed his superiors, and they came over and investigated the data on Hawking's laptop. They removed their patches, and basically stepped in line with him.

Issue is, they were his superiors, but they took a lower role (as in in rank). So I wonder, if we do see a season three, will Beck be "the military man" of the resistance?

Lets hope we can get that answer!


What are you talking about? Beck's rank insignia was a gold oak leaf (a Major). The most senior officer in that scene where the flag patches got ripped off had two bars (a Captain). The others were single bars (Lieutenants). Those officers were all junior to Beck and were his Company officers.

US Army Majors command augmented companies or Special Forces companies. That translates to 100-250 men in 3, 4, or 5 Platoons commanded by the Lieutenants we saw, with the single Captain probably Beck's executive officer.
post #3093 of 3245
exactly, those under Beck had to choose whether to follow him or Cheyenne...that's what was meant--they chose wisely
post #3094 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibul View Post

So wait...there were two endings shot, a cliffhanger and something that wrapped everything up...and THAT was the wrap-up?


Sure was. I can't believe you are complaining. They could have given us the "Cliffhanger" and we never would have received another episode. What the producers did for Jericho, knowing it was canceled, is something few other shows, if any, have done.

Episode wrapped everything up regarding what HAWKINS was after. He wanted to expose the truth to TX. None of the episodes mentioned what would happen after Hawkins exposed the truth to TX. So, in that, we received wrap-up, if you will, from the previous Jericho seasons.
post #3095 of 3245
What an excellent episode/show. I can't understand why it didn't do better in the ratings, and CBS's unwillingness to try it in a different time slot/day, etc. Oh well, here is to hope someone else picks this excellent show up.
post #3096 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post

I really enjoyed Jericho, but I think there's a simple reason whey the show could never gain viewers...

It reminds people too much about current events that most people want out of their lives... The Iraq War.

fitprod

Did not start out as such and thats why friends of mine have tuned it out. Alas it could be a factor.
post #3097 of 3245
Well for good or Ill we got our closure. I for one am thankful for that at least.
post #3098 of 3245
Great episode, though a very rushed one. I give the writers credit for doing their best with a limited amount of time to give us a satisfying conclusion, while still leaving the door open for the slim possibility of a return.

The only major disappointing thing was the reveal of who John Smith was. After a major buildup all season, we get some unknown guy and a little gun play with the guy running off wounded. No follow up on that, but understandably the writers didn't have much time to play it out further.

I liked the fight with the planes at the end. Obviously, the producers saved quite a bit of their budget to do this well, and it worked.

Now I wonder what the alternate cliffhanger ending would have been. Perhaps Beck's men wouldn't have sided with him and Beck would have been forced to join the rangers as the town continues to be under siege from Cheyenne. Perhaps we wouldn't have had the whole wrap up in Texas and the episode would have cut to black as the Cheyenne fighters closed in on Jake's plane and were ready to fire. That would have been an awesome cliffhanger.

Anyway, the end of a pretty cool series. Hopefully it'll be picked up elsewhere, but if not, I'm glad we had the chance to see things somewhat wrapped up.
post #3099 of 3245
Perhaps the alternate ending could have been that John Smith stole the bomb and nuked the new capitol building along the J&R HQ....

Of course the episode was a bit too rushed, like Jake and Robert got to Cheyenne too quickly and too easy. They spend more time burying Bonnie, I think...
post #3100 of 3245
my guess was that the cliffhanger ending was the jets about to fire on Jake...
post #3101 of 3245
Even though Jerico Season 2 was not nearly as good as Season 1, I am glad that picked it up to wrap up many loose ends. Hopefully a cable network will pick it up for a full season 3 and Jerico can recapture some of its glory from Season 1. If not, I will not be terrible disappointed.
post #3102 of 3245
Very enjoyable but rushed final episode. I have my fingers crossed Sci Fi picks it up..
post #3103 of 3245
A very worthy "ending" but the episode definitely had a rushed and disjointed feeling to it. It was almost as if they had two episodes in the can and had to edit and splice them together. The best example of this was Hawkins and Jake getting ready to depart to Cheyanne and then in then next frame, shazaam, they are in Cheyanne. It looked like a lot of the normal transitional scenes were cut out to compress everything into one hour. It's too bad that the writers didn't have time to flesh out the relationships between the Texas and Cheyanne governments. The story went from a possible alliance to overt hostility in an instant. Granted, in Hawkins' story, there was some background on this but it was pretty sparse as was any mention of Columbus. Oh well, the production team did the best that they could under what I'm sure were very pressured circumstances. One other note: I think that the addition of Esai Morales to the cast was a giant plus. He is a fine actor and his portrayal of a deeply conflicted Major Beck was thoroughly convincing.
post #3104 of 3245
I thought this was like a bad episode of 24. Why didn't the Texas Air Force issue a warning to the Cheyenne's jets? They just fired on other Americans with no communication? Are we suppose to assume that there was dialog not shown?

Maybe they could have did a 3 minute montage into the future, it felt like a season NOT SERIES finale. I wanted to see if Gracies market would evolve into Neo-Wal-Mart!!!


No matter Jericho will have 3 of the all-time most gripping scenes ever filmed. (Mushroom Cloud, Hawkins putting pins on the map while the credits rolled, and Stanley signing to Bonnie's corpse).
post #3105 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post

I thought this was like a bad episode of 24. Why didn't the Texas Air Force issue a warning to the Cheyenne's jets? They just fired on other Americans with no communication? Are we suppose to assume that there was dialog not shown?

Maybe they could have did a 3 minute montage into the future, it felt like a season NOT SERIES finale. I wanted to see if Gracies market would evolve into Neo-Wal-Mart!!!


No matter Jericho will have 3 of the all-time most gripping scenes ever filmed. (Mushroom Cloud, Hawkins putting pins on the map while the credits rolled, and Stanley signing to Bonnie's corpse).

The fighter pilots could communicate with the small plane, but I doubt very seriously that a commercial plane can intercept any communications from a Military plane. So, yes, I'd assume there was communication between the TX Air National Guard and the Cheyenne Military.

What I find more difficult to believe is the fact that Jake was flying a plane!!!
post #3106 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWick View Post

Even though Jerico Season 2 was not nearly as good as Season 1, I am glad that picked it up to wrap up many loose ends. Hopefully a cable network will pick it up for a full season 3 and Jerico can recapture some of its glory from Season 1. If not, I will not be terrible disappointed.

I'm 180 from you. I enjoyed this season much more than Season 1.
post #3107 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post

What I find more difficult to believe is the fact that Jake was flying a plane!!!

During season one there were indications that Jake was a qualified pilot and may have done black ops flying in Iraq and/or Afganistan.
post #3108 of 3245
Great final season. For having to wrap things up in 7 episodes (and essentially cram 2-3 epsiodes into the finale), they did one heck of a job.

The finale left plenty of wiggle room if another network ever picked up the series. Heck, I could see book(s) and/or movie(s) made to continue this if they wanted to, plenty of material left over for sure.
post #3109 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I think that the addition of Esai Morales to the cast was a giant plus. He is a fine actor and his portrayal of a deeply conflicted Major Beck was thoroughly convincing.

Agreed. He is a soild actor. I hadn't seen him in anything since NYPD blue.
post #3110 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post

Sure was. I can't believe you are complaining. They could have given us the "Cliffhanger" and we never would have received another episode. What the producers did for Jericho, knowing it was canceled, is something few other shows, if any, have done.

Episode wrapped everything up regarding what HAWKINS was after. He wanted to expose the truth to TX. None of the episodes mentioned what would happen after Hawkins exposed the truth to TX. So, in that, we received wrap-up, if you will, from the previous Jericho seasons.

No, I'm not complaining at all...it was just a huge cliffhanger in itself.
post #3111 of 3245
Looks like Hawkins would've been captured by Cheyenne in the original ending:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...idnt/800036254
post #3112 of 3245
Jake flying a plane didn't seem out of place--didn't a partner of his try to convince him to fly a job for ravenwood?...and he ended up getting killed or something????

LOL yeah everything did seemed rushed, but understandable--one sec they are going to Cheyenne, the next they're there...one sec they are at the TX embassy, the next they're ready for takeoff--The Mayor got back to Jericho really fast too....still a great episode
post #3113 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post

The fighter pilots could communicate with the small plane, but I doubt very seriously that a commercial plane can intercept any communications from a Military plane. So, yes, I'd assume there was communication between the TX Air National Guard and the Cheyenne Military.

What I find more difficult to believe is the fact that Jake was flying a plane!!!

As others have posted, during the S1 "flashback" ep that dealt with Jake's pre-attack whereabouts, we learned that Jake did in fact do some piloting and/or other business for Ravenwood (indirectly) during covert missions inside Iraq. Was approached for another gig while in San Diego- -his last location prior to coming home to KS in the pilot.

His past was also why he was familiar w/ Ravenwood when their mercs showed up to loot the hospital last season, when we first met Goetz (DB Sweeney).

Jake's guilt over the death of a young Iraqi girl during one of these missions
has been used this season.
post #3114 of 3245
Those Cheyenne jets would have known if there was any Military jets with a weapons lock on them within striking distance, (LONG before, actually), & they did nothing .....
You would have thought they would have at least attempted to evade the Texas jets, and/or try to take them out, if they knew they were going to fire at the Cessena ...
Them simply being sitting ducks & getting shot out of the sky on the 1st try could have been done a litte better ...
post #3115 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibul View Post

Looks like Hawkins would've been captured by Cheyenne in the original ending:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...idnt/800036254

Thanks for the link, that was a fun interview with Ms Barbee. I hope she is actively shopping the series around!!
post #3116 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post

What are you talking about? Beck's rank insignia was a gold oak leaf (a Major). The most senior officer in that scene where the flag patches got ripped off had two bars (a Captain). The others were single bars (Lieutenants). Those officers were all junior to Beck and were his Company officers.

US Army Majors command augmented companies or Special Forces companies. That translates to 100-250 men in 3, 4, or 5 Platoons commanded by the Lieutenants we saw, with the single Captain probably Beck's executive officer.

Gotcha, I was not paying attention to insignia. If I recall he said something along the lines that his superiors were looking over the evidence, but then they were men under his command - my mistake!
post #3117 of 3245
What I found out of place is the military issue RADAR on Jake's plane... after that I was expecting it also had anti-missile capabilites like flares and stuff...
post #3118 of 3245
It appears that we are in the minority here, but both my wife and I thought the Finale was a terribly over-the-top, hokey, shlockfest that was not worthy of the majority of the episodes.
post #3119 of 3245
I saw nothing in Jericho that bore more than a passing resemblance to the Iraq War. Jericho depicted Americans fighting, and sometimes detaining, other Americans, not Americans fighting Iraqis and sometimes detaining suspected terrorists who were foreign nationals. I know that a lot of folks are bitter about George W. Bush and the Iraq War but the notion that Jericho is some kind of anti Iraq War statement seems to be an implausible reach.

Regardless of any political message that Jericho might have been trying to deliver, I really liked the show and I hate to see it go. I thought that the writers did a first class job of wrapping up Jericho, especially given the writers' strike and the show's cancellation, apparently at the last minute,.
post #3120 of 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

It appears that we are in the minority here, but both my wife and I thought the Finale was a terribly over-the-top, hokey, shlockfest that was not worthy of the majority of the episodes.

i agree. i was hoping for something dramatic to happen, something... explosive.... but it was just... so predictable and boring.

btw i love the george mason (xander berkeley) cameo. i thought he was gonna fly the bomb over a desert and blow himself up. after kicking jack out of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Jericho' on CBS