or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Pioneer PDP-6070HD/5070-1HD/4270HD Owner's thread/merged thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer PDP-6070HD/5070-1HD/4270HD Owner's thread/merged thread - Page 2

post #31 of 7514
Dave would the no PURE mode be a deal killer for you on the 60? Would you go for a 58 600u or hold out for an ELITE?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave View Post

It is being reported that there is "NO PURE" mode for the non-Elite models.

The question has been asked of Pioneer Trainer if this is true or not.

What is the MSRP on the Elites......oh well!

Dave
post #32 of 7514
Just heard that the 6070 may not be available until September...can anyone else confirm this?
post #33 of 7514
The 1540 will not be available until September. The 6070 will be here next month.
post #34 of 7514
I'd either wait for the 6070 or purchase an NEC 61".
post #35 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by debsman View Post

Just heard that the 6070 may not be available until September...can anyone else confirm this?

I too keep hearing June/July so I would guess more likely July some time. Especially since the other models are actually out now (i.e. 5070).
post #36 of 7514
i just read it on a reputable etailers site, this etailer having a solid relationship with Pio....they indicate it will be available 3rd week of August (at the earliest)...so, who knows really.
post #37 of 7514
I would recommend checking out the list of Authorized Pioneer dealers at PioneerUSA. Most of us have pricing now, but not solid information on the release date.
post #38 of 7514
Chances are that the prices won't drop on displays like the PDP-6100 until the new 60 inchers are either in stock, or in the trucks on the way to the stores. That's just the way retail works - they won't discount until they absolutely have to.

I would personally wait for the 7th Gen sets, though...the 6100 is actually 4th generation glass, I believe.
post #39 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayWood View Post

This is my first post on the forum and it's about pricing...imagine that.

I can't imagine why anyone would pay $6200-6300 for the PDP-6100 when the newer model is going to be $6500-7000 unless Pioneer is holding back on this one. I really want to go with Pioneer, but I certainly don't want to pay seven or eight hundred more for about the same quality. Any thoughts on this???

Don't be surprised to see your pricing stuff edited as it's against the rules unless your posting MSRP but your new it happens to all of us pretty much - but Welcome. That stuff aside - DO NOT go for that 6100 as it is not truly a Pio it's outdated NEC glass and the new Pio is a Pio that has been updated with the same great features of the 5070/71 and some from past Elite models.

That 6100 is about 2 yrs back and I've seen it next to a Panny 500U and it made the 6100 look pathetic. Besides, the Pricing on the 6070 actually will be less than the 6100 and in some cases way less believe it or not. Check Cleveland Plasma at the bottom of th page (a text sponsor) for pre-orders quote cannot mention price. Also there is word there may be a Power Buy on the 6070 and not sure if that's TVAuthority that may be in the works and you can call them for a quote but I think you'll be shocked - the 6070 Piowill be a great value unseen before in this size PDP and with genuine quality to boot for PDP fans. IMO.
post #40 of 7514
westa6969, so what will it be for you, a new 60 inch pioneer or the 57 inch sammy??
post #41 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburnstein View Post

westa6969, so what will it be for you, a new 60 inch pioneer or the 57 inch sammy??

Or maybe a new house without all those dang window reflections?!
post #42 of 7514
I betcha he's getting the Samsung 57. We oughta start a pot to see who can pick the tv and when he gets it.
post #43 of 7514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur View Post

Dave would the no PURE mode be a deal killer for you on the 60? Would you go for a 58 600u or hold out for an ELITE?

Because we have nothing to see in this size......for me, its all up in the air.

Dave
post #44 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

Don't be surprised to see your pricing stuff edited as it's against the rules unless your posting MSRP but your new it happens to all of us pretty much - but Welcome. That stuff aside - DO NOT go for that 6100 as it is not truly a Pio it's outdated NEC glass and the new Pio is a Pio that has been updated with the same great features of the 5070/71 and some from past Elite models.

That 6100 is about 2 yrs back and I've seen it next to a Panny 500U and it made the 6100 look pathetic. Besides, the Pricing on the 6070 actually will be less than the 6100 and in some cases way less believe it or not. Check Cleveland Plasma at the bottom of th page (a text sponsor) for pre-orders quote cannot mention price. Also there is word there may be a Power Buy on the 6070 and not sure if that's TVAuthority that may be in the works and you can call them for a quote but I think you'll be shocked - the 6070 Piowill be a great value unseen before in this size PDP and with genuine quality to boot for PDP fans. IMO.

Thanks for the info. I was just curious on that pricing stuff, because it goes against Marketing 101 that older models would not be dropping at this time, so I was just curious what was behind the lower pricing on the new 6070 regardless of whether its MSRP or any other discount vendor.
post #45 of 7514
I was at Nebraska Furniture Mart today. They are a large furniture store in the midwest, if you didn't know. And their systems said it would arrive in the warehouses on 7-17-06. The price on there computer was around ~6500 which I believe is the MSRP from Pioneer. The sales guy spouted a couple other prices at me, and since the place is allways willing to negotiate I am sure it will sell for a couple hundred less than that.

I am looking at this set and the NEC 61" for my new house that will be completed by Sept. 10. This one seems like a better value than the NEC though.
post #46 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayWood View Post

Thanks for the info. I was just curious on that pricing stuff, because it goes against Marketing 101 that older models would not be dropping at this time, so I was just curious what was behind the lower pricing on the new 6070 regardless of whether its MSRP or any other discount vendor.

You will probably eventually see random batches of the older models blown out at reduced costs through Costco, or online sites like TigerDirect, Buy.com, J&R, etc. I think the smaller dealers won't do that because they either don't have much stock, or they may try to cut deals with the mfr to swap older inventory for new. Some electronics sold as "refurbished" are just brand-new overstock of older models that are sold with a lesser warranty.
post #47 of 7514
I have to tell you, I've been a nervous wreck about going with the TH-50PHD8UK... not because of the PQ... but because of the size of the screen. I have a 16x16 room and my seating is on the opposite wall. I'd love to go with the TH-65PHD8UK but it's still quite pricey... you can get three 50" for the price of one 65". Now, entering the sub $5k market is the Pioneer PDP-6070HD which is due the 2nd week of August and the dillema I'm facing is... which to buy. How does the PQ of new Pioneer stack up against the 8UK/9UK? Is anyone else cross-shopping these sets?
post #48 of 7514
Shhhhhh......everything has been quiet here on the "official" 6070 page. I surmise everyone is out and about enjoying their holiday. With Panny 58 supply aggressively hitting the market over the next two weeks --- I sure would like to see more information shared or "leaked" from Pio Corp. If the release is this month -- they need to get on the ball -- many may not wait after seeing the new Panny.
post #49 of 7514
I don't think pio has updated their website to any of the 70 series yet.
post #50 of 7514
If there is one thing Pioneer is NOT, it's Marketing geniuses... Actually, I hope they keep the COGS & Overhead down...
post #51 of 7514
Thread Starter 
Yes, unfortunately there is not much information available. But the end of August is just around the corner.

Dave
post #52 of 7514
I'm very,very interested in this model, so hopefully before my Red Sox reach the WS its released. Also calibrated and sitting on my wall..... so PAPI's HR's are full flight visible.
post #53 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave View Post

Stephanie@tva states:

"Just to let all you guys know, it sounds like we are getting close to announcing a Pioneer powerbuy!"

It is stated in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=687463

So it may happen yet.

Dave

Shouldn't this be a "sticky" at the top of the fourm?

Just wondering . . .
post #54 of 7514
It wasn't in that thread it was this one, post #431


http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=15&pp=30
post #55 of 7514
Another vote for this thread to made sticky, thee impending release of the Pio 6070 deserves it, the projector forum has their two favorites, the AE900 and the Sanyo Z4. (both my favorites).
The flat panel forum now has the 58" Panny and the up-comming Pioneer 60" 6070, soon to be the two favorites on this forum,,, that is if you dont count the 57 inch Samsung LCD.

Pioneer 6070, sticky please.

Davyo
post #56 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosv1 View Post

It wasn't in that thread it was this one, post #431


http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=15&pp=30

Yeah, I read it there too, but it doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been posted as a sticky . . . IF it really exists.

I notice there's a sticky for the NEC powerbuy. Why not for the Pio?
post #57 of 7514
Quote:
Originally Posted by yobob View Post

Yeah, I read it there too, but it doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been posted as a sticky . . . IF it really exists.

I notice there's a sticky for the NEC powerbuy. Why not for the Pio?

I think that the Pioneer powerbuy hasn't been formally announced or launched just yet.
post #58 of 7514
Could be. But I've read things in this forum that hinted otherwise. At least for some of the smaller sizes.

Mods?

Sponsors?
post #59 of 7514
yobob you should check out the sponsor below (Plasma TVs Here) they are offering an excellent preorder price on the 6070 even being in your area still a good price with taxes.

cheers Mike
post #60 of 7514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb1035 View Post

I think that the Pioneer powerbuy hasn't been formally announced or launched just yet.

Not sure what happened

Dave
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Pioneer PDP-6070HD/5070-1HD/4270HD Owner's thread/merged thread