or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Paradigm Millenia Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paradigm Millenia Owner's Thread - Page 19

post #541 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjimk View Post

need some help on paradigm millennia 300 speakers i just bought at 6th ave. i want to buy the trio 20's for centers but noticed they have 3 sets of posts to wire them up.
running a Onkyo tx-sr607 reciever. so where do i wire the R/L posts from the center
to in the reciever? i thought maybe the high front posts on the reciever and the dedicated center for the center on the trio? will that actually run the R/L sides of the trio center? enough power? should i buy a Oknyo amp to run them? hmmmmmm i'm stuck here.

I have the 300's and I use the Millenia 30 as a center. Why you want thr trio 20 ?
post #542 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip61 View Post

I have the 300's and I use the Millenia 30 as a center. Why you want thr trio 20 ?

BTW, how do you like the 30 as a center? I am considering adding that to my collection.
post #543 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post

BTW, how do you like the 30 as a center? I am considering adding that to my collection.

Love it, matches real well with my 300's
post #544 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjimk View Post

need some help on paradigm millennia 300 speakers i just bought at 6th ave. i want to buy the trio 20's for centers but noticed they have 3 sets of posts to wire them up.
running a Onkyo tx-sr607 reciever. so where do i wire the R/L posts from the center
to in the reciever? i thought maybe the high front posts on the reciever and the dedicated center for the center on the trio? will that actually run the R/L sides of the trio center? enough power? should i buy a Oknyo amp to run them? hmmmmmm i'm stuck here.

The Millenium Trio is a replacement for the three Left, Right, and Center speakers. They are for people like me, who either have no room for seperates on the sides or have a wife who says they are "junky things which stick out into the room like a sore thumb".

I purchased the Trio for my from three speakers due to both reasons, with the maritial bliss and associated WAF being the primary reason. My Left and Right fronts would only have been 1 foot further out than the two side speakers of the trio anyway.

So do not buy the trio as a center speaker, it is literally three speakers in one.

It sounds GREAT! I replaced two Cinema 90s and a Cinema CC110 with it. The width of the soundstage is only slightly less than with the seperates. I cannot say enough nice things about it.

Here is a picture:

post #545 of 618
I really like the 20 hybrid but the adp surrounds are crazy priced. Is the best way to go or would the 10 hybrid be good enough? Is there a more budget friendly adp line? Can anyone recommend a budget friendly sub to go with this setup.
post #546 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post

BTW, how do you like the 30 as a center? I am considering adding that to my collection.

I have the 300s as LR and the 30 as center, sounds great, matches well, etc. etc.
post #547 of 618
Looks like I will go with the 20 hybrid for the fronts and the 10 hybrid for the rear powered with a Denon 3310. Now to pick a sub.
Svs pb10-nsd or the Velodyne Optimum 10 about a $400 difference. Any comments on which one would pair up nicely with Millenia?
post #548 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t View Post

Now to pick a sub.
SVS pb10-nsd or the Velodyne Optimum 10 about a $400 difference. Any comments on which one would pair up nicely with Millenia?

Look into Paradigm’s “Perfect Bass Kit” compatible subs. The PBK smooths the in-room response so effectively; I personally don’t consider almost any non-PBK compatible subs.
The Paradigm Sub 12 is truly spectacular; but their new Seismic 110 “Bulldog” sub would probably be what Paradigm would suggest as a perfect match to the Millenia series.
post #549 of 618
I'm looking for a 90 degree, right-angle speaker bracket for the Paradigm Millenia 20.

I have a setup where I cannot mount my Front Right speaker directly to the wall - I need to hang it from the right wall with a 90 degree bracket.

I currently have a BOSE Acoustimass system - so hanging the Front Right speaker from that bracket wasn't a problem.

I already bought the Millenia 20, and I'm sure I can figure something out - but thought I'd ask if someone had any recommendations.

Thanks!
post #550 of 618
I will receive the Millenia 20 Trio on monday and am looking for a pair of rear in-ceiling for surround as well as a sub. I have been told to look at the Paradigm CS-60R-30 for rear and a Paradigm PDR8 for my sub. The goal of the system is to have a nice 5.1 setup in a great room with a good wife approval. I have to go in-ceiling for my rears. Any thoughts?
post #551 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by srobin01 View Post

I will receive the Millenia 20 Trio on monday and am looking for a pair of rear in-ceiling for surround as well as a sub. I have been told to look at the Paradigm CS-60R-30 for rear and a Paradigm PDR8 for my sub. The goal of the system is to have a nice 5.1 setup in a great room with a good wife approval. I have to go in-ceiling for my rears. Any thoughts?

First, I'd try and step up the subwoofer to a DSP series mostly so I could use Paradigm's "Perfect Bass Kit." The PBK will smooth the sub's response, so it will blend nicely with the rest of the system.
The other thought I'd share is although the CS series speakers will probably be good enough; really the AMS series is the "perfect" match to the Millenia series.
post #552 of 618
I was able to use a pair of these to hang a single Paradigm Millenia 20. (So, if you need to hang a left/right pair, you'll need to buy 4 of these brackets, and they're sold in pairs on Monoprice.)

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
post #553 of 618
Hi All, this is my first post on this thread. I was able to acquire new 3 Millenia 20 Aluminium finish speakers recently for $265 each (excl shipping) from a store that's phasing out all Paradigms.

The price is great, and these are replacing a pair of new Paradigm Atom speakers I had as my Left and Right. (center was an older Energy take 1)

First impressions are mixed: My Atoms were playing for about 3 months. When I listened to both side by side, Atom seems clearer, a bit brighter, and deeper (which is expected). The Millenia seems oddly inert and a bit muted. OTOH the speakers look great, better than the atoms when hung on the wall.

Should I attribute this to the fact that Atoms are broken-in, and Millenia aren't?

I am driving this with a new Onkyo SR 507. Is that a factor?

The Millenia 20 manual says to give a break-in period of a few hours. Well, I did that, and today morning I did not notice that great an improvement. Anyone has any experience regarding this?

thanks!
post #554 of 618
I am currently agonizing over which speakers to get for a very difficult to set up multipurpose living room/HT area. Long story short, I am contemplating using the Paradigm Studio 10's as my front L&R, and then either a Millenia 20 or 30 as the center channel. Will these sound ok together, or will they be far from timbre matched? As someone totally new to Paradigm, I'm hoping someone here can chime in as to whether or not this seems like a bad idea. Thanks in advance for the help.
post #555 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoyer View Post

I am currently agonizing over which speakers to get for a very difficult to set up multipurpose living room/HT area. Long story short, I am contemplating using the Paradigm Studio 10's as my front L&R, and then either a Millenia 20 or 30 as the center channel. Will these sound ok together, or will they be far from timbre matched? As someone totally new to Paradigm, I'm hoping someone here can chime in as to whether or not this seems like a bad idea. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am contemplating the exact same setup, so I'm glad someone else asked the question! Anyone?
post #556 of 618
I'm fairly new at this and hoping to get some help...

I just moved into a new house and am looking at a new 5.1 set-up for a great room that is 15 by 16 feet and has an open kitchen/nook that adds just over double that to the area (open rear wall). It is hardwood, and the great room has a coffered 9 foot ceiling (think sunken checkerboard type feature in the ceiling)

I am looking at getting either 3 Millenia 20's all wall mounted around a 58 inch Panasonic, or getting Millenia 200's and using a Millenia 20 as a centre channel. For the rears I am hoping to use in-ceilings and I can get a great deal on AMS-100's through a local store for $260.00 CAD, would these work? Or should I just get the AMS 150's at a minimum?

I have also considered getting Monitor 7's or 9's for the fronts with a Millenia 20 Centre, how would these compare to the Millenia 20's or 200's?

Also thinking of getting a DSP 3200 sub and using a Denon AVR 891 for a receiver.

I would be listening to 60-70% TV/Movie and 30-40% music I think

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
post #557 of 618
no one?
post #558 of 618
Considering Millenia 30's as LCR because of floor space restrictions, but sales guy told me that they wouldn't fill my HT with enough sound. Room dimensions are 12'Wx20'L with seating at 13' and 19'. Anyone running these in a similar size room and can comment? He is trying to sell me some floor standing Focal's that sounded really nice, but are really pushing my floor space due to WAF considerations.

Please let me know if you're experience with the Millenia's and do they have enough power for a HT in my size of better suited to a closer viewing distance.

Thanks for the help.
post #559 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt1978 View Post

Considering Millenia 30's as LCR because of floor space restrictions, but sales guy told me that they wouldn't fill my HT with enough sound. Room dimensions are 12'Wx20'L with seating at 13' and 19'. Anyone running these in a similar size room and can comment? He is trying to sell me some floor standing Focal's that sounded really nice, but are really pushing my floor space due to WAF considerations.

Please let me know if you're experience with the Millenia's and do they have enough power for a HT in my size of better suited to a closer viewing distance.

Thanks for the help.

As long as you will be using a sub also, I think you will be fine. Their low range is limited, but everything else is very full.
post #560 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt1978 View Post

Considering Millenia 30's as LCR because of floor space restrictions, but sales guy told me that they wouldn't fill my HT with enough sound. Room dimensions are 12'Wx20'L with seating at 13' and 19'. Anyone running these in a similar size room and can comment? He is trying to sell me some floor standing Focal's that sounded really nice, but are really pushing my floor space due to WAF considerations.

Please let me know if you're experience with the Millenia's and do they have enough power for a HT in my size of better suited to a closer viewing distance.

Thanks for the help.

i think you will be fine with the millenia 30's. do u have room treatments? bass traps ect? what kind of sub do u have?
post #561 of 618
I'm joining the ranks - I'm now an enthusiastic owner of a new Millenia 20 Trio (a 9-driver, 3-channel, 2-way acoustic suspension 3-in-1 front channel solution)! In my search for a 3-in-1 L+C+R speaker, I first tried a KEF 8003, but sent it back as it couldn't play below 200Hz and that just wasn't low enough. Then, I swung the other direction, and purchased an Atlantic Technology 4000 - quite good for movies, but only average for music and HUGE for a soundbar, so it went back as well. I next purchased the Millenia Trio.

It sounds so incredibly good - it's not even in the same league as the two above. My previous 2 set-ups have been an Infinity Overture based system, and I have a Monitor Audio Radius HT as well, and the Millenia tops all of the above for sound quality, detail, emersion, and pure listening enjoyment.

Those of you who have full 5.1/7.1 systems of the Millenia boxes must be very happy with your choices. Thanks to all of you for posting your impressions here and driving me to try this unit out. Paradigm now has another fan.

Kipa
post #562 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoyer View Post

I am currently agonizing over which speakers to get for a very difficult to set up multipurpose living room/HT area. Long story short, I am contemplating using the Paradigm Studio 10's as my front L&R, and then either a Millenia 20 or 30 as the center channel. Will these sound ok together, or will they be far from timbre matched? As someone totally new to Paradigm, I'm hoping someone here can chime in as to whether or not this seems like a bad idea. Thanks in advance for the help.

Just saw your post -- don't know if you've made your choice yet, but I thought I'd respond anyway for the thread. I use Signature S2s v2 (with the Beryllium tweeter) as my LR and the Millenia 30 as the center due to height constraints, and I'm quite happy with the setup. I would imagine there's less of a timbre difference between the Studio 10/Millenia 30 then there is with the S2/Millenia 30, but I haven't heard the Studio 10/Millenia 30 combo. I've not noticed any timbre issues with my setup that bother me, and I listen to both music and movies/tv. The Millenia 30 is a very capable center channel, and I love having the S2s for Stereo music, where they excel. Good luck.
post #563 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy77 View Post

I'm fairly new at this and hoping to get some help...

I just moved into a new house and am looking at a new 5.1 set-up for a great room that is 15 by 16 feet and has an open kitchen/nook that adds just over double that to the area (open rear wall). It is hardwood, and the great room has a coffered 9 foot ceiling (think sunken checkerboard type feature in the ceiling)

I am looking at getting either 3 Millenia 20's all wall mounted around a 58 inch Panasonic, or getting Millenia 200's and using a Millenia 20 as a centre channel. For the rears I am hoping to use in-ceilings and I can get a great deal on AMS-100's through a local store for $260.00 CAD, would these work? Or should I just get the AMS 150's at a minimum?

I have also considered getting Monitor 7's or 9's for the fronts with a Millenia 20 Centre, how would these compare to the Millenia 20's or 200's?

Also thinking of getting a DSP 3200 sub and using a Denon AVR 891 for a receiver.

I would be listening to 60-70% TV/Movie and 30-40% music I think

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

If you have the space, go with the Millenia 200 and the Millenia 20. it will fill up your room much better.
post #564 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt1978 View Post

Considering Millenia 30's as LCR because of floor space restrictions, but sales guy told me that they wouldn't fill my HT with enough sound. Room dimensions are 12'Wx20'L with seating at 13' and 19'. Anyone running these in a similar size room and can comment? He is trying to sell me some floor standing Focal's that sounded really nice, but are really pushing my floor space due to WAF considerations.

Please let me know if you're experience with the Millenia's and do they have enough power for a HT in my size of better suited to a closer viewing distance.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like he's trying to upsell you to a more expensive (and higher margin) item. Your ears are the final judge. Either demand an in home listening or tell him you want to buy the Millenias and want a return policy that will allow you to return them for the Focals if they don't fill the space.

In my opinion you should be fine if
a.) you have a source of decent power
b.) you have a sub to handle the low sounds. Not a huge 18" sub that only does 15 Hz, but a small/midsize sub that can handle the lower end of the mid-bass where the 30s will fall off.
post #565 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt1978 View Post

Considering Millenia 30's as LCR because of floor space restrictions, but sales guy told me that they wouldn't fill my HT with enough sound. Room dimensions are 12'Wx20'L with seating at 13' and 19'. Anyone running these in a similar size room and can comment? He is trying to sell me some floor standing Focal's that sounded really nice, but are really pushing my floor space due to WAF considerations.

Please let me know if you're experience with the Millenia's and do they have enough power for a HT in my size of better suited to a closer viewing distance.

Thanks for the help.

I don't know about the Focal but the Millenia 200 or 300 will take about the same size that the Millenia 30 with a stand would. Sitting that far you need to use floor standing speakers.
post #566 of 618
How well would it work to run a pair of Millenia 300s with a CC-690 for the centre? Probably without a sub? Anyone tried that?
post #567 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidians View Post

How well would it work to run a pair of Millenia 300s with a CC-690 for the centre? Probably without a sub? Anyone tried that?

a cc690 v.5?
post #568 of 618
I'm thinking of going with millenia 20s for LCR paired with an SVS PC12-NSD-DSP subwoofer and one of the new Anthem receivers (MRX 500 or 700, not sure which yet). I have a bit of a dilemma with the surrounds, though. I don't have anyplace good on the side walls for the ADPs, the back wall is covered in built-in bookshelves, and getting another set of millenia 20s is not likely due to my wife not wanting large speakers (26" tall) in the back.

I was thinking of the millenia 10 hybrids, but there is brick directly behind the wall in the rear/side of the room, so I think those are out too. I was debating between a pair of paradigm atom or micro monitors, or the MilleniaOne2.0 system satellites. I'm going to place them in the upper back corners of the room, aimed at the seating position which is only a foot or two in front of the speakers. Overall dimensions of the room are 15' wide (TV is on the widest wall) and 10' deep. Any thoughts on this setup and particularly on the surrounds would be MOST appreciated.

thanks!
post #569 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by talen316 View Post

For anyone interested, see attached pics of Millenia 20's on the LS-25 stand.

Was this mounting achieved without *any* modification to either the speaker or the stand?

There seems to be a fairly substantial gap between the bottom of the speaker and where the stand changes from "triangular" to "flat", which suggests something is amiss (though I could well be wrong).
post #570 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by icposse2000 View Post

I'm thinking of going with millenia 20s for LCR paired with an SVS PC12-NSD-DSP subwoofer and one of the new Anthem receivers (MRX 500 or 700, not sure which yet). I have a bit of a dilemma with the surrounds, though. I don't have anyplace good on the side walls for the ADPs, the back wall is covered in built-in bookshelves, and getting another set of millenia 20s is not likely due to my wife not wanting large speakers (26" tall) in the back.

I was thinking of the millenia 10 hybrids, but there is brick directly behind the wall in the rear/side of the room, so I think those are out too. I was debating between a pair of paradigm atom or micro monitors, or the MilleniaOne2.0 system satellites. I'm going to place them in the upper back corners of the room, aimed at the seating position which is only a foot or two in front of the speakers. Overall dimensions of the room are 15' wide (TV is on the widest wall) and 10' deep. Any thoughts on this setup and particularly on the surrounds would be MOST appreciated.

thanks!

Hello,
I"m in the same boat about making a decision for the fronts. Did you go with the 20's for the front? I also just purchased the MRX 700. Now on to the speaker decision.
Thx,
Tony
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Paradigm Millenia Owner's Thread