or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Software › HD DVD – Movie Collections
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD DVD – Movie Collections - Page 19

post #541 of 641
Here's my list. More than half of these movies were purchased within the last month from all the sales.

2 Fast 2 Furious
Accepted
Aeon Flux
Big Lebowski, The
Brokeback Mountain
Bulletproof
Casino
Clerks II
Cinderella Man
Batman Begins
Black Rain
Bourne Identity, The
Bourne Supremacy, The
Bourne Ultimatum, The
Children of Men
Departed, The
Doom
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Erin Brockovich
Face/Off
Fast and the Furious, The
Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, The
Flags of our Father
For Love of the Game
Galapagos
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Heartbreak Kid
Heroes Season 1
Host, The
Inside Man
Italian Job, The
Jet Li's Fearless
King Kong
Kingdom, The
Knocked Up
Last Samurai, The
Letter from Iwo Jima
Lost in Translation
Lucky # Slevin
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolution
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
Michael Clayton
Mission Impossible I
Mission Impossible II
Mission Impossible III
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Mummy, The
Mummy Returns, The
Out of Sight
Planet Earth Boxset
Phantom of the Opera, The
Ray
Scorpion King, The
Seabiscuit
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
Shooter
Skeleton Key, The
Smokin' Aces
Spy Game
Stardust
Swordfish
Superman II The Richard Donner Cut
Superman Returns
Transformers
Troy
U2 Rattle and Hum
V for Vendetta
World Trade Center

Constantine, and Twister are in the mail. I've watched all of them on SD already so not in a rush to get them.
post #542 of 641
I'm at 95 red disc and pretty much done.
There's five or six titles I want but there the same price on blu so there's no rush.
I got about 65 unwatched movies (58 red & 7 blu) I won't need new entertainement for a while.

- 2 fast 2 furious (2003)
- 300 (2007)
- 40-year-old virgin (the) (2005)
- Accepted (2006)
- Alexander revisited: The final cut (2007)
- American gangster (2007)
- An American werewolf in London (1981)
- Anchorman: The legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- Ant bully (the) (2006)
- Apollo 13 (1995)
- Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford (the) (2007)
- Babel (2006)
- Batman begins (2005)
- Being John Malkovich (1999)
- Beowulf director’s cut(2007)
- Big Lebowski (the) (1998)
- Blades of glory (2007)
- Blood diamond (2006)
- Blue Planet (Imax) (2007)
- Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
- Bourne identity (the) (2002)
- Bourne supremacy (the) (2004)
- Bourne ultimatum (the) (2007)
- Breach (2007)
- Break-Up (the) (2006)
- Bruce Almighty (2003)
- Casablanca (1942)
- Casino (1998)
- Charlie and the chocolate factory (2005)
- Corpse bride (2005)
- Darkman (1990)
- Deer hunter (the) (1978)
- Departed (the) (2006)
- Digital video essential (2007)
- Dune (1984)
- Eastern promises (2007)
- Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004)
- Evan Almighty (2007)
- Face/off (2 HD-DVD) (1997)
- Fast and the furious (the) (2001)
- Fast and the furious: Tokyo drift (the) (2006)
- Fear and loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
- Flags of our fathers (2006)
- Fountain (the) (2006)
- Frighteners (the) (1996)
- Fugitive (the) (1993)
- Goodfellas (1990)
- Happy Gilmore (1996)
- Happy feet (2006)
- Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone (2001)
- Harry Potter and the chamber of secret (2002)
- Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (2005)
- Harry Potter and the order of phoenix (2007)
- HDScape sampler (2007)
- Heartbreak kid (the) (2007)
- Heroes: Season 1 (2006)
- Host (the) (2006)
- House of wax (2005)
- Hot fuzz (2007)
- In the valley of Elah (2007)
- Kingdom (the) (2007)
- King Kong (2005)
- Knocked up (2007)
- Last Samurai (the) (2003)
- Lucky # Sleven (2006)
- Meet Joe Black (1998)
- Meet the Fockers (2005)
- Meet the Parents (2000)
- Miami vice
- Michael Clayton (2007)
- The Mummy (1999)
- The Mummy returns (2001)
- Next (2007)
- Ocean’s eleven (2001)
- Ocean’s twelve (2004)
- Ocean’s thirteen (2007)
- Payback (1999)
- Perfect storm (the) (2000)
- Ray (2006)
- Shrek the third (2007)
- Seabiscuit (2003)
- Serenity (2005)
- Shaun of the dead (2004)
- Shrek the third (2007)
- Syriana (2005)
- Thing (the) (1982)
- Things we lost in the fire (2007)
- Top gun (1986)
- Training day (2001)
- Transformers (2007)
- Troy (2004)
- U-571 (2000)
- Under siege (1992)
- We were soldiers (2002)
- Zodiac: Director’s cut (2007)

I bought 50+ last month!
post #543 of 641
Currently in Collection 515
Currently on Order 14
Still Looking for About 70ish

Code:
2 Fast 2 Furious
3 Days Of The Condor (German)
12 Monkeys
16 Blocks
The 40 Year Old Virgin
300
300 Non Combo
2001: A Space Odyssey
Abba - The Movie
Accepted
Adventures Of Robin Hood, The
Aeon Flux
Afro Samurai (Japanese)
Alexander
Alone In The Dark (German)
Alpha Dog
Amateurs, The
Amazing Planet (Dutch)
American Gangster
An American Haunting (Spanish)
American Me
An American Werewolf In London
Anchorman:
The Ant Bully
Apollo 13
Appleseed: Ex Machina
Architect, The
Arctic Tale
Arizona Dream (German)
Army Of Darkness
Army of Shadows (France)
Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Assault On Precinct 13
Asterix and the Vikings (French)
ATL
Atonement (UK)
August Rush
The Aviator
Babel
Backdraft
Bali (Germany)
Balls Of Fury
Band of Brothers  Vol. 1 (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.2 (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.3 (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.4  (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.5 (Japan)
Basic Instinct (UK)
Batman Begins
Battle Of The Bulge
Battlestar Galactica: Season One (Australian)
Becoming Jane (UK)
Beerfest
Being John Malkovich
Beowulf
The Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
Black Christmas
Black Rain
Black Snake Moan
Blade Runner 5 Disc
Blade Runner Briefcase
Blades Of Glory
Blazing Saddles
Bleak House (UK)
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bob Hope Collection: My Favorite Brunette / Son Of Paleface
The Bone Collector
Born On The Fourth Of July
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Brave One
Breach
The Breakfast Club
The Break-Up
Bridge to Terabithia (French)
Brokeback Mountain
Brotherhood of the Wolf (France)
The Brothers Grimm (Japanese)
The Brothers Grimm (Spanish)
Bruce Almighty
Bug (German)
Bugs! Abenteuer Im Regenwald In 3d (German)
Bulletproof
Bullitt
Caddyshack
Carlito's Way
Carlito's Way: Rise To Power
Casablanca
Casino
Cat People
Channels
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Children Of Men
Christmas Story, A
Christmas Vacation
The Chronicles Of Riddick
Chronos
Cinderella Man
Clerks II
A Clockwork Orange
Coming To America
Constantine
The Contract
Corpse Bride
The Cowboys (UK)
Crank (German)
Curse of the Golden Flower
Dante's Peak
Darkman
Dawn Of The Dead
Daylight
Dazed And Confused
Dead Silence
Death at a Funeral (German)
Death Sentence (German)
Deep Purple
The Deer Hunter
Deliverance
The Departed
Derailed
Digital Video Essentials HD-DVD
The Dirty Dozen
Discovery Atlas: Australia Revealed
Discovery Atlas: Brazil Revealed
Discovery Atlas: China Revealed
Discovery Atlas: Italy Revealed
District B13
Disturbia
Dog Day Afternoon
Doom
Dragonheart
Dragon's Lair
Dreamgirls
The Dukes Of Hazzard
Dune
Eagles
Eastern Promises
Eden
Elephant Man (Dutch)
Elephants Dream (German)
Elizabeth
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
End Of Days
Enemy At The Gates (French)
Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
Enter The Dragon
Equilibrium (Japanese)
Erin Brockovich
Eternal Sunshine
Evan Almighty
Evening
Excalibur
Eyes Wide Shut
Face/Off
Failure To Launch
Fantastic Four - Rise Of The Silver Surfer (German)
Fantastic Four (German)
The Fast And The Furious
The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Feast
Field Of Dreams
Finding Neverland (Japanese)
Firewall
First Blood (Australian)
Flags Of Our Fathers
Fletch
Flyboys (Dutch)
The Fog (UK)
For Love Of The Game
Forbidden Planet
Forbidden Planet (Collectors Tin)
The Fountain
Four Brothers
Fragile (Japanese)
Freedom Writers
Freedom: Volume 1
Freedom:Volume 2
Frenchmen (French)
Friday Night Lights
The Frighteners
The Fugitive (UK)
Full Metal Jacket
Full Metal Jacket
Galapagos
Galaxina
The Game
The Getaway
The Getaway (UK)
Getaway, The
Ghost Of Mae Nak (German)
Ghost Rider (French)
Girls Gone Wild - Baby Bash
Girls Gone Wild Sexiest Moments Ever 2
Goal! (Japanese)
Gods And Generals
Good Night, And Good Luck
The Good Shepherd
Goodfellas
Gothika
The Graduate (France)
Grand Prix
La Grande Vadrouille (France)
Half Baked
Hannibal Rising (German)
Hannibal Rising (Poland)
Happy Feet
Happy Gilmore
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (UK)
Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset
Harsh Times
Hass - La Haine (German)
HD Scape Antarctica Dreaming
HD Scape Exotic Saltwater Aquarium
HD Scape Fireplace
HD Scape Sampler
HD Scape Visions Of The Sea
HD Window: Hawaii
HD Window: The Great Southwest
HDNet Best of Get Out! Vol 1
HDNet Best of Get Out! Volume 2
HDNet Best of HDNet World Report Volume 1
HDNet Best of HDNet World Report Volume 2
HDNet Bikini Destinations: Lake Tahoe
HDNet Bikini Destinations:Hawaii
HDNet Bikini Destinations:Mexico
HDNet Harlem Globetrotters
The Heartbreak Kid
Hero (German)
Heroes: Season 1
The Hitcher
The Holiday (UK)
Hollywoodland
Hooligans (German)
Host, The
Hot Fuzz
Hot Rod
Hotel Babylon - Series 1 (UK)
House Of Wax
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Hulk
The Hurricane
Hustle & Flow
I Am Legend
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
In Good Company
In The Land Of Women
In The Shadow Of The Moon (UK)
In The Valley Of Elah
Inside Man
The Interpreter
Into The Wild
The Invasion
The Island (German)
The Island (UK)
The Italian Job
The Jackal (German)
Jailhouse Rock
James Taylor
Jarhead
The Jerk
Jersey Girl (Japanese)
Jet Li's Fearless
Justice League: The New Frontier
Killing Me Softly (Japanese)
King Kong
King Kong '76 (UK)
King Of California
The Kingdom
Kirikou and the Wild Beasts (French)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Knocked Up
La Mome (La Vie En Rose) French
Lady In The Water
The Lake House
Land Of The Dead
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life (German)
The Last Legion (Spanish)
The Last Samurai
The Last Starfighter
Leaving Las Vegas (Australian)
Led Zeppelin
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Letters From Iwo Jima (UK)
Liar Liar
License To Wed
Living Landscapes Collection, The
The Lost City
Lost In Translation
Lucky Number Slevin
The Machinist (Japanese)
Mallrats
The Manchurian Candidate
Manilow Live!
March Of The Penguins
The Matador
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Meaning Of Life
Meet Joe Black
Meet The Fockers
Meet The Parents
Mercury Rising
Miami Vice
Michael Clayton
Midnight Run
A Mighty Heart
Million Dollar Baby
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible 2
Mission: Impossible III
Mobsters
The Motorcycle Diaries (UK)
Motorhead
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Polish)
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Mulholland Drive (UK)
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Music And Lyrics
Mutiny On The Bounty
Mystery Men
Mystery Of The Nile (Spanish)
Nacho Libre
National Lampoon's Animal House
Nature's Journey
Next
Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time
Nip/Tuck
No Reservations
Norbit
Notting Hill
The Nutty Professor
Nutty Professor II: The Klumps
Ocean's Eleven
Ocean's Thirteen
Ocean's Twelve
Old School
Oliver Twist (Japanese)
The Omega Man
One Last Thing
One Missed Call
Out For Justice
Out Of Sight
Out Of Time (Japanese)
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Patch Adams
Payback
Perfect Storm, The
Perfume: Story of a Murderer (German)
The Phantom Of The Opera
The Pianist
Pitch Black
Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series
The Polar Express
Poseidon
Premonition (German)
The Prestige (UK)
Prête-Moi Ta Main (France)
Pride And Prejudice
Pulse
Purple Rain
Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid
Rain In The Mountains
Rambo III (Australian)
Rambo: First Blood Part II (Australian)
Ran (France)
Ray
The Reaping
Red Dragon
Reds
Reign Of Fire (Japanese)
Relentless Enemies
Renaissance (German)
Rescue Dawn (Dutch)
Reservoir Dogs (Dutch)
Resident Evil (German)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (German)
Resident Evil: Extinction (German)
Return To House On Haunted Hill
Rides Vol. 1 (Germany)
Rides Vol. 2 (Germany)
Rides Vol. 3 (Germany)
Rio Bravo (UK)
River, The
Road To Rio/Road to Bali
Road Warrior, The
Robin Hood (UK)
A Room With A View
Roy Orbison
Rumor Has It...
The Rundown
Running Scared (Dutch)
Running Scared (German)
Sahara
Santana
Saw (German)
A Scanner Darkly
Scary Movie 4
Scent Of A Woman
School For Scoundrels
Scooby-Doo
The Scorpion King
Sea Of Love
Seabiscuit
The Searchers
Seed Of Chucky
Serenity
Serpico (German)
Shaun Of The Dead
The Shining
Shinobi (Japanese)
Shooter
Shrek The Third
Silent Hill (German)
The Skeleton Key
Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow
Sleepy Hollow
Slither
Smallville Season 5
Smallville Season 6
Smokey And The Bandit
Smokin' Aces
Sneakers
Sopranos, The
Space Cowboys
Spartacus
Spy Game
Star Trek
Stardust
Sting, The
Streets Of Fire
Sublime
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns
Swordfish
Syriana
Taking Lives
Talk To Me
Terminator 2 (France)
Terminator 2 (German)
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines
The Thing
Things We Lost In The Fire
Tideland (German)
Timecop
TMNT
TMNT (UK)
Top Gun
Total Recall (Australian)
Toto
Touching The Void (UK)
Trading Places
Traffic
Training Day
Transformers
Tremors
Triplettes De Belleville, Les (French)
Tristan + Isolde (Dutch)
Troy
Troy
Twenty Thousand Streets Under The Sky (UK)
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister
U2
U-571
UFO
Ultimate Force
Under Siege
Underworld (Dutch)
Underworld (German)
Underworld: Evolution (Spanish)
Unforgiven
Unleashed
The Untouchables
V For Vendetta
Van Helsing
Waist Deep
The War
Warriors, The
The Watcher
Waterworld
We Are Marshall
We Were Soldiers
The Wedding Date
What Dreams May Come
White Noise
White Noise 2
The Wicker Man
Wild Bunch, The
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Wish You Were Here (German)
Wolf Creek
World Trade Center
The World's Fastest Indian
Wyatt Earp (UK)
xXx (Japanese)
Yes: Live At Montreux 2003
You, Me And Dupree
Zidane (French)
Zodiac
For detailed info about each release go to www.ormondconsulting.com/hd

Universal Titles Owned - All Domestic releases
Weinstein Titles - All Domestic Releases
Paramount Titles - Only Missing Jack Ryan Collection
Warner Bros Titles - Missing about 6
Imports Owned - 120
Rare Titles Owned - Taking Lives (Warner Unreleased)
Missing many of the Music/Opera/Specialty discs and most HD porn
post #544 of 641
I can't believe I just added 4 more HD DVD titles this weekend! We watch King Of California and I was very impressed with it. My total will be at 222 owned and sadly it will probably stop there.
post #545 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post

Currently in Collection 515
Currently on Order 14
Still Looking for About 70ish

Code:
2 Fast 2 Furious
3 Days Of The Condor (German)
12 Monkeys
16 Blocks
The 40 Year Old Virgin
300
300 Non Combo
2001: A Space Odyssey
Abba - The Movie
Accepted
Adventures Of Robin Hood, The
Aeon Flux
Afro Samurai (Japanese)
Alexander
Alone In The Dark (German)
Alpha Dog
Amateurs, The
Amazing Planet (Dutch)
American Gangster
An American Haunting (Spanish)
American Me
An American Werewolf In London
Anchorman:
The Ant Bully
Apollo 13
Appleseed: Ex Machina
Architect, The
Arctic Tale
Arizona Dream (German)
Army Of Darkness
Army of Shadows (France)
Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Assault On Precinct 13
Asterix and the Vikings (French)
ATL
Atonement (UK)
August Rush
The Aviator
Babel
Backdraft
Bali (Germany)
Balls Of Fury
Band of Brothers  Vol. 1 (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.2 (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.3 (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.4  (Japan)
Band of Brothers  Vol.5 (Japan)
Basic Instinct (UK)
Batman Begins
Battle Of The Bulge
Battlestar Galactica: Season One (Australian)
Becoming Jane (UK)
Beerfest
Being John Malkovich
Beowulf
The Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
Black Christmas
Black Rain
Black Snake Moan
Blade Runner 5 Disc
Blade Runner Briefcase
Blades Of Glory
Blazing Saddles
Bleak House (UK)
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bob Hope Collection: My Favorite Brunette / Son Of Paleface
The Bone Collector
Born On The Fourth Of July
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Brave One
Breach
The Breakfast Club
The Break-Up
Bridge to Terabithia (French)
Brokeback Mountain
Brotherhood of the Wolf (France)
The Brothers Grimm (Japanese)
The Brothers Grimm (Spanish)
Bruce Almighty
Bug (German)
Bugs! Abenteuer Im Regenwald In 3d (German)
Bulletproof
Bullitt
Caddyshack
Carlito's Way
Carlito's Way: Rise To Power
Casablanca
Casino
Cat People
Channels
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Children Of Men
Christmas Story, A
Christmas Vacation
The Chronicles Of Riddick
Chronos
Cinderella Man
Clerks II
A Clockwork Orange
Coming To America
Constantine
The Contract
Corpse Bride
The Cowboys (UK)
Crank (German)
Curse of the Golden Flower
Dante's Peak
Darkman
Dawn Of The Dead
Daylight
Dazed And Confused
Dead Silence
Death at a Funeral (German)
Death Sentence (German)
Deep Purple
The Deer Hunter
Deliverance
The Departed
Derailed
Digital Video Essentials HD-DVD
The Dirty Dozen
Discovery Atlas: Australia Revealed
Discovery Atlas: Brazil Revealed
Discovery Atlas: China Revealed
Discovery Atlas: Italy Revealed
District B13
Disturbia
Dog Day Afternoon
Doom
Dragonheart
Dragon's Lair
Dreamgirls
The Dukes Of Hazzard
Dune
Eagles
Eastern Promises
Eden
Elephant Man (Dutch)
Elephants Dream (German)
Elizabeth
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
End Of Days
Enemy At The Gates (French)
Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
Enter The Dragon
Equilibrium (Japanese)
Erin Brockovich
Eternal Sunshine
Evan Almighty
Evening
Excalibur
Eyes Wide Shut
Face/Off
Failure To Launch
Fantastic Four - Rise Of The Silver Surfer (German)
Fantastic Four (German)
The Fast And The Furious
The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Feast
Field Of Dreams
Finding Neverland (Japanese)
Firewall
First Blood (Australian)
Flags Of Our Fathers
Fletch
Flyboys (Dutch)
The Fog (UK)
For Love Of The Game
Forbidden Planet
Forbidden Planet (Collectors Tin)
The Fountain
Four Brothers
Fragile (Japanese)
Freedom Writers
Freedom: Volume 1
Freedom:Volume 2
Frenchmen (French)
Friday Night Lights
The Frighteners
The Fugitive (UK)
Full Metal Jacket
Full Metal Jacket
Galapagos
Galaxina
The Game
The Getaway
The Getaway (UK)
Getaway, The
Ghost Of Mae Nak (German)
Ghost Rider (French)
Girls Gone Wild - Baby Bash
Girls Gone Wild Sexiest Moments Ever 2
Goal! (Japanese)
Gods And Generals
Good Night, And Good Luck
The Good Shepherd
Goodfellas
Gothika
The Graduate (France)
Grand Prix
La Grande Vadrouille (France)
Half Baked
Hannibal Rising (German)
Hannibal Rising (Poland)
Happy Feet
Happy Gilmore
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (UK)
Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset
Harsh Times
Hass - La Haine (German)
HD Scape Antarctica Dreaming
HD Scape Exotic Saltwater Aquarium
HD Scape Fireplace
HD Scape Sampler
HD Scape Visions Of The Sea
HD Window: Hawaii
HD Window: The Great Southwest
HDNet Best of Get Out! Vol 1
HDNet Best of Get Out! Volume 2
HDNet Best of HDNet World Report Volume 1
HDNet Best of HDNet World Report Volume 2
HDNet Bikini Destinations: Lake Tahoe
HDNet Bikini Destinations:Hawaii
HDNet Bikini Destinations:Mexico
HDNet Harlem Globetrotters
The Heartbreak Kid
Hero (German)
Heroes: Season 1
The Hitcher
The Holiday (UK)
Hollywoodland
Hooligans (German)
Host, The
Hot Fuzz
Hot Rod
Hotel Babylon - Series 1 (UK)
House Of Wax
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Hulk
The Hurricane
Hustle & Flow
I Am Legend
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
In Good Company
In The Land Of Women
In The Shadow Of The Moon (UK)
In The Valley Of Elah
Inside Man
The Interpreter
Into The Wild
The Invasion
The Island (German)
The Island (UK)
The Italian Job
The Jackal (German)
Jailhouse Rock
James Taylor
Jarhead
The Jerk
Jersey Girl (Japanese)
Jet Li's Fearless
Justice League: The New Frontier
Killing Me Softly (Japanese)
King Kong
King Kong '76 (UK)
King Of California
The Kingdom
Kirikou and the Wild Beasts (French)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Knocked Up
La Mome (La Vie En Rose) French
Lady In The Water
The Lake House
Land Of The Dead
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life (German)
The Last Legion (Spanish)
The Last Samurai
The Last Starfighter
Leaving Las Vegas (Australian)
Led Zeppelin
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Letters From Iwo Jima (UK)
Liar Liar
License To Wed
Living Landscapes Collection, The
The Lost City
Lost In Translation
Lucky Number Slevin
The Machinist (Japanese)
Mallrats
The Manchurian Candidate
Manilow Live!
March Of The Penguins
The Matador
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Meaning Of Life
Meet Joe Black
Meet The Fockers
Meet The Parents
Mercury Rising
Miami Vice
Michael Clayton
Midnight Run
A Mighty Heart
Million Dollar Baby
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible 2
Mission: Impossible III
Mobsters
The Motorcycle Diaries (UK)
Motorhead
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Polish)
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Mulholland Drive (UK)
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Music And Lyrics
Mutiny On The Bounty
Mystery Men
Mystery Of The Nile (Spanish)
Nacho Libre
National Lampoon's Animal House
Nature's Journey
Next
Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time
Nip/Tuck
No Reservations
Norbit
Notting Hill
The Nutty Professor
Nutty Professor II: The Klumps
Ocean's Eleven
Ocean's Thirteen
Ocean's Twelve
Old School
Oliver Twist (Japanese)
The Omega Man
One Last Thing
One Missed Call
Out For Justice
Out Of Sight
Out Of Time (Japanese)
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Patch Adams
Payback
Perfect Storm, The
Perfume: Story of a Murderer (German)
The Phantom Of The Opera
The Pianist
Pitch Black
Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series
The Polar Express
Poseidon
Premonition (German)
The Prestige (UK)
Prête-Moi Ta Main (France)
Pride And Prejudice
Pulse
Purple Rain
Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid
Rain In The Mountains
Rambo III (Australian)
Rambo: First Blood Part II (Australian)
Ran (France)
Ray
The Reaping
Red Dragon
Reds
Reign Of Fire (Japanese)
Relentless Enemies
Renaissance (German)
Rescue Dawn (Dutch)
Reservoir Dogs (Dutch)
Resident Evil (German)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (German)
Resident Evil: Extinction (German)
Return To House On Haunted Hill
Rides Vol. 1 (Germany)
Rides Vol. 2 (Germany)
Rides Vol. 3 (Germany)
Rio Bravo (UK)
River, The
Road To Rio/Road to Bali
Road Warrior, The
Robin Hood (UK)
A Room With A View
Roy Orbison
Rumor Has It...
The Rundown
Running Scared (Dutch)
Running Scared (German)
Sahara
Santana
Saw (German)
A Scanner Darkly
Scary Movie 4
Scent Of A Woman
School For Scoundrels
Scooby-Doo
The Scorpion King
Sea Of Love
Seabiscuit
The Searchers
Seed Of Chucky
Serenity
Serpico (German)
Shaun Of The Dead
The Shining
Shinobi (Japanese)
Shooter
Shrek The Third
Silent Hill (German)
The Skeleton Key
Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow
Sleepy Hollow
Slither
Smallville Season 5
Smallville Season 6
Smokey And The Bandit
Smokin' Aces
Sneakers
Sopranos, The
Space Cowboys
Spartacus
Spy Game
Star Trek
Stardust
Sting, The
Streets Of Fire
Sublime
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns
Swordfish
Syriana
Taking Lives
Talk To Me
Terminator 2 (France)
Terminator 2 (German)
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines
The Thing
Things We Lost In The Fire
Tideland (German)
Timecop
TMNT
TMNT (UK)
Top Gun
Total Recall (Australian)
Toto
Touching The Void (UK)
Trading Places
Traffic
Training Day
Transformers
Tremors
Triplettes De Belleville, Les (French)
Tristan + Isolde (Dutch)
Troy
Troy
Twenty Thousand Streets Under The Sky (UK)
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister
U2
U-571
UFO
Ultimate Force
Under Siege
Underworld (Dutch)
Underworld (German)
Underworld: Evolution (Spanish)
Unforgiven
Unleashed
The Untouchables
V For Vendetta
Van Helsing
Waist Deep
The War
Warriors, The
The Watcher
Waterworld
We Are Marshall
We Were Soldiers
The Wedding Date
What Dreams May Come
White Noise
White Noise 2
The Wicker Man
Wild Bunch, The
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Wish You Were Here (German)
Wolf Creek
World Trade Center
The World's Fastest Indian
Wyatt Earp (UK)
xXx (Japanese)
Yes: Live At Montreux 2003
You, Me And Dupree
Zidane (French)
Zodiac
For detailed info about each release go to www.ormondconsulting.com/hd

Universal Titles Owned - All Domestic releases
Weinstein Titles - All Domestic Releases
Paramount Titles - Only Missing Jack Ryan Collection
Warner Bros Titles - Missing about 6
Imports Owned - 120
Rare Titles Owned - Taking Lives (Warner Unreleased)
Missing many of the Music/Opera/Specialty discs and most HD porn

tormond,

Thats a hell of alot of titles!
With that many you might as well go for the gold and get them all.
post #546 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post

tormond,

Thats a hell of alot of titles!
With that many you might as well go for the gold and get them all.

I think he will get the gold! Im about 20 disks behind him excluding (non english audio or sub titles)but the best I could hope for is silver or bronze. I have Jack ryan in transit but Taking Lives gives him the gold
post #547 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

I can't believe I just added 4 more HD DVD titles this weekend! We watch King Of California and I was very impressed with it. My total will be at 222 owned and sadly it will probably stop there.

I heard good things about 'King' and picked it up when HWV had their sell-off. I ended up really enjoying it.
post #548 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post

tormond,

Thats a hell of alot of titles!
With that many you might as well go for the gold and get them all.

Been working on it. Added another 16 this week. I can pick up the Jack Ryan pretty much at any time as it is pretty easy to find I am just not willing to pay the ridiculous prices for it. I expect the prices on it to plummet as soon as the BD versions come out and I can be patient Hardest ones for me at this point are the Japanese titles and the Polish titles based pretty much on the pricing is just out of hand. Slowly adding them (Bought Band of Brothers this week along with about 10 others) just hard to find the Japanese discs with a price I am willing to pay
post #549 of 641
I also added August Rush and must say it is terrific! You don't see great family movies like this that often these days!
post #550 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post

Been working on it. Added another 16 this week. I can pick up the Jack Ryan pretty much at any time as it is pretty easy to find I am just not willing to pay the ridiculous prices for it. I expect the prices on it to plummet as soon as the BD versions come out and I can be patient Hardest ones for me at this point are the Japanese titles and the Polish titles based pretty much on the pricing is just out of hand. Slowly adding them (Bought Band of Brothers this week along with about 10 others) just hard to find the Japanese discs with a price I am willing to pay

I hear you on the Japanese titles, they can be brutal on the wallet! I would bet someone is making sure they have every HD DVD ever made.
post #551 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

I also added August Rush and must say it is terrific! You don't see great family movies like this that often these days!

joerod,

I was wondering about this one, and I am always on the lookout for movies the entire family can watch. Rental or buy?
And I see you are still trying out new avatars.
post #552 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by satblaster View Post

I think he will get the gold! Im about 20 disks behind him excluding (non english audio or sub titles)but the best I could hope for is silver or bronze. I have Jack ryan in transit but Taking Lives gives him the gold

Whats 20 behind when you guys have some serious numbers.... lets see you catch tormond.
post #553 of 641
I've gone to 156 with the addition of the Brit import East Is East. I was shocked that it was on HD-DVD. It's one of my real fav's. Going on Exploited's site is a sure fire way to give away the gold.....
post #554 of 641
The complete HD DVD collection, all domestic US releases, is something I thought a few might accomplish. The complete collection including all unique releases from all countries wasn't anything I thought anybody could pull off. As far as I know, tormond is the quantity leader and might be able to pick up the entire list. The import HD DVD's are just too expensive for me to mess with, even now, with a few exceptions. My collection will stall at about 140 total and I have sufficient hardware redundancy so playback won't be an issue for me. Why I decided to buy more rather than bail out completely, I don't know.

Chris
post #555 of 641
All releases from all countries is going to be nigh impossible to be honest.. There are some that are just going to be too hard to find..some that there is no real way to see if they were actually produced (there are some russian discs that as of right now I can't find any way to get..or even a "yes they were actually made") I am just trying to get as many of the releases as I can at prices that I find reasonable or stuff that I don't see ever getting a BD release (yes I have BDs as well) especially not in Region A (I despise region coding)

I also am not a fan of porn (I have no issue with it I just prefer the real thing ) so there are probably 75 or so releases at least that I will never get just on that front unless I find them so ridiculously cheap that not adding them to the colection and leaving them sealed (just to have them in the "collection") would seem wrong. I do own some for that reason but in all honesty I have sold every porn title I have purchased so far simply because I could use that money to fund other releases that I would actually watch.

Currently at the moment the collection stands at 551 titles and I have probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 titles inc to me but after that purchasing discs is going to get harder and harder simply because the discs are getting too difficult to obtain. My goal at this point is to hit 600 which I think I can mamage but that will still leave me somewhere about 200 shor so short of "all" releases (not counting the same movies that were released in multiple countries unless they were different in some way..ie Extended cut vs theatrical on Underworld, OAR vs matted on Hannibal Rising, Harry Potter disc 1 and Disc 5) but who knows I look every day and maybe I can keep going

Domestic releases should be done in another couple weeks with the exception of the HDNet titles simply because I can't figure out what was actually released and there are several that are OOP and I can't get copies of them yet)
post #556 of 641
My collection now seems small compared to some of the others that I seen. I started buying HD-DVD's in March 2008, when they became affordable. When did you guys start buying your collections?

1. 300 (3)
2. The 40-Year-Old Virgin
3. Aeon Flux (2)
4. American Gangster
5. Apollo 13
6. Babel
7. Balls of Fury
8. Batman Begins
9. The Big Lebowski
10. Black Snake Moan
11. Blade Runner (Ultimate Collector's Ed.)
12. Blades of Glory
13. Blood Diamond
14. The Bourne Ultimatum
15. The Bourne Identity (4)
16. Bruce Almighty
17. Carlito's Way
18. Children of Men
19. The Chronicles of Riddick
20. Constantine
21. The Departed (Combo Edition) (2)
22. Digital Video Essentials
23. Disturbia
24. Doom
25. Dreamgirls
26. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
27. Evan Almighty
28. Eyes Wide Shut
29. Failure to Launch
30. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
31. The Fast and the Furious
32. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
33. Firewall
34. Flags of Our Fathers
35. For Love of the Game
36. The Fountain (Combo Edition)
37. Four Brothers
38. The Fugitive
39. The Good Shepherd
40. Happy Feet (Combo Edition)
41. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
42. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
43. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
44. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
45. The Heartbreak Kid
46. The Hitcher (2007)
47. Hollywoodland
48. Hot Fuzz
49. Hulk
50. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
51. IMAX: Blue Planet
52. Inside Man
53. The Interpreter
54. The Invasion
55. King Kong (2005)
56. Lucky Number Slevin
57. The Matador
58. Mr. Bean's Holiday
59. The Mummy
60. The Mummy Returns
61. National Geographic: Relentless Enemies
62. Ocean's Thirteen
63. Old School
64. Pan's Labyrinth
65. Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series
66. The Polar Express
67. Pride & Prejudice (2005)
68. Red Dragon (2)
69. The Rundown
70. The Scorpion King
71. Seabiscuit
72. Shooter
73. Shrek the Third
74. The Skeleton Key
75. Sleepy Hollow
76. Smokin' Aces
77. Swordfish (2)
78. Transformers (2007)
79. Troy
80. Troy: Director's Cut
81. U-571
82. The Ultimate Matrix Collection (3 movies)
83. Waist Deep
84. World Trade Center

That's a total 95 movies (9 are duplicates, but I will trade them for different movies)
post #557 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB98374 View Post

My collection now seems small compared to some of the others that I seen. I started buying HD-DVD's in March 2008, when they became affordable. When did you guys start buying your collections?

Started buying HD DVD in June of 2006 (or about 2-3 weeks after HD DVD hit the market)

Starting buying Blu in November of 2006 (day after PS3 hit the market)
post #558 of 641
My collection currently stands at 196 unique titles. 166 are on hand and 30 are on order / in transit to me.

Code:
300
12 Monkeys
16 Blocks
2001 - A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
A Mighty Heart
Accepted
Aeon Flux
Alexander
Alpha Dog
American Gangster
Animal House
Apollo 13
Arizona Dream
Atonement
Babel
Backdraft
Basic Instinct
Batman Begins
Being John Malkovich
Billy Madison
Black Rain
Black Snake Moan
Blade Runner Ultimate 5 disc edition
Bleak House
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Breach
Brokeback Mountain
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Bruce Almighty
Carlito's Way
Casino
Charlie and the Cholocate Factory
Cinderella Man
Clerks II
Constantine
Corpse Bride
Curse of the Golden Flower
Dawn of the Dead
Daylight
Dazed & Confused
Dead Silence
Disturbia
Doom
Dragonheart
Dreamgirls
Dune
Eastern Promises
Elephant Man
Elizabeth
Elizabeth - The Golden Age
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Evan Almighty
Failure to Launch
Feast
Field of Dreams
Firewall
Flags of Our Fathers
Flyboys
Four Brothers
Full Metal Jacket
Galapagos
Goodfellas
Half Baked
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harsh Times
Hollywoodland
Home of the Brave
Hotel Babylon series 1
Hott Fuzz
I am Legend
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Inside Man
Into the Wild
Jarhead
Jet Li's Fearless
King Kong
King Kong (1976)
King of California
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Knocked Up
La Haine
Land of the Dead
Leaving Las Vegas
Letters from Iwo Jima
Liar Liar
Lord of War
Lost in Translation
Lucky Number Slevin
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
Mallrats
Meet the Fockers
Meet the Parents
Miami Vice
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 3
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Mulholland Drive
National Geographic: Relentless Enemies
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Old School
Pan's Labyrinth
Patch Adams
Pitch Black
Planet Earth
Pride & Prejudice
Rambo III
Rambo: First Blood
Rambo: First Blood part 2
Rescue Dawn
Scent of a Woman
Seabiscuit
Serpico
Shaun of the Dead
Shooter
Sleepy Hollow
Slither
South Park: Good Times with Weapons
Spartacus
Star Trek: The Original Series season 1
Stardust
Swordfish
Syriana
Talk to Me
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Amateurs
The Big Lebowski
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Brothers Grimm
The Chronicles of Riddick
The Cowboys
The Deer Hunter
The Departed
The Fast & The Furious
The Fog
The Good Shepherd
The Graduate
The Host
The Hurricane
The Italian Job
The Jerk
The Kingdom
The Last Samurai
The Manchurian Candidate
The Matador
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
The Nutty Professor
The Pianist
The Prestige
The Reaping
The River
The Rundown
The Searchers
The Skeleton Key
The Sting
The Thing
The Untouchables
The Watcher
Three Days of the Condor
Timecop
TMNT
Tomb Raider
Top Gun
Traffic
Training Day
Transformers
Tristan & Isolde
Troy
Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky
U2: Rattle and Hum
U-571
Underworld
Underworld: Evolution
Unleashed
V for Vendetta
We Are Marshall
We Were Soldiers
Wolf Creek
You, Me & Dupree
Zodiac
23 of those were free from Toshiba from various HD-DVD player purchases, and I also received 27 additional free movies that were duplicates or I didn't care for and sold or traded off. My total average cost per movie, including the boxed sets and imports, is less than $9 per disc. Factoring in my hardware expenditures (2x A3's, 1 Onkyo 805, 1 xbox 360 drive, 2x Toshiba PC DVD-ROM drives) brings the average cost to about $11.50 per disc. There are ~10 or 15 titles left I'm interested in, but I'm unlikely to get many more.
post #559 of 641
Those hard-to-find fur-in titles are likely gonna be a bit harder to find since Exploited Video seems to be closing down as they sell off their remaining stock....???
post #560 of 641
I guess at 104 it's the end of the line, unless I find TMNT and/or polar express cheap.

- 2001: A space odyssey (1968)
- 2 fast 2 furious (2003)
- 300 (2007)
- 40-year-old virgin (the) (2005)
- Accepted (2006)
- Alexander revisited: The final cut (2007)
- American gangster (2007)
- An American werewolf in London (1981)
- Anchorman: The legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- Ant bully (the) (2006)
- Apollo 13 (1995)
- Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford (the) (2007)
- Babel (2006)
- Batman begins (2005)
- Being John Malkovich (1999)
- Beowulf director’s cut(2007)
- Big Lebowski (the) (1998)
- Blades of glory (2007)
- Blood diamond (2006)
- Blue Planet (Imax) (2007)
- Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
- Bourne identity (the) (2002)
- Bourne supremacy (the) (2004)
- Bourne ultimatum (the) (2007)
- Breach (2007)
- Break-Up (the) (2006)
- Bruce Almighty (2003)
- Carlito’s way (1993)
- Casablanca (1942)
- Casino (1998)
- Charlie and the chocolate factory (2005)
- Corpse bride (2005)
- Darkman (1990)
- Deer hunter (the) (1978)
- Departed (the) (2006)
- Digital video essential (2007)
- Dune (1984)
- Eastern promises (2007)
- Erin Brockovich (1993)
- Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004)
- Evan Almighty (2007)
- Face/off (2 HD-DVD) (1997)
- Fast and the furious (the) (2001)
- Fast and the furious: Tokyo drift (the) (2006)
- Fear and loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
- Flags of our fathers (2006)
- Fountain (the) (2006)
- Frighteners (the) (1996)
- Fugitive (the) (1993)
- Galapagos (2006)
- Goodfellas (1990)
- Happy Gilmore (1996)
- Happy feet (2006)
- Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone (2001)
- Harry Potter and the chamber of secret (2002)
- Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (2005)
- Harry Potter and the order of phoenix (2007)
- HDScape sampler (2007)
- Heartbreak kid (the) (2007)
- Heroes: Season 1 (2006)
- Host (the) (2006)
- House of wax (2005)
- Hot fuzz (2007)
- In the valley of Elah (2007)
- Kingdom (the) (2007)
- King Kong (2005)
- Knocked up (2007)
- Last Samurai (the) (2003)
- Lucky # Sleven (2006)
- Matador (the) (2005)
- Meet Joe Black (1998)
- Meet the Fockers (2005)
- Meet the Parents (2000)
- Miami vice
- Michael Clayton (2007)
- The Mummy (1999)
- The Mummy returns (2001)
- Next (2007)
- Ocean’s eleven (2001)
- Ocean’s twelve (2004)
- Ocean’s thirteen (2007)
- Out of sight (1998)
- Payback (1999)
- Perfect storm (the) (2000)
- Planet Earth (2006)
- Pride and prejudice (2005)
- Ray (2006)
- Shrek the third (2007)
- Seabiscuit (2003)
- Serenity (2005)
- Shaun of the dead (2004)
- Shrek the third (2007)
- Syriana (2005)
- Thing (the) (1982)
- Things we lost in the fire (2007)
- Top gun (1986)
- Training day (2001)
- Transformers (2007)
- Troy (2004)
- U-571 (2000)
- Under siege (1992)
- We were soldiers (2002)
- World trade center (2006)
- Zodiac: Director’s cut (2007)
post #561 of 641
+ 12
I guess I'll never stop!
post #562 of 641
With all this purchasing going on, where are y'all getting them from? I find Ebay a good source for mainstream titles. Shipping can be high, but I look for sellers that do combined shipping to reduce costs. Any onther good On-line or brick & mortar sources?
post #563 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post

The complete HD DVD collection, all domestic US releases, is something I thought a few might accomplish. The complete collection including all unique releases from all countries wasn't anything I thought anybody could pull off. As far as I know, tormond is the quantity leader and might be able to pick up the entire list. The import HD DVD's are just too expensive for me to mess with, even now, with a few exceptions. My collection will stall at about 140 total and I have sufficient hardware redundancy so playback won't be an issue for me. Why I decided to buy more rather than bail out completely, I don't know.

Chris

The only real problematic discs are those from Russia. According to ukhddvd blogspot there were four titles released, but it hasn't been verified AFAIK (someone actually reporting to own the titles). I think that if it comes down to a few people owning everything (unique) except the Russian discs, then there may be a concerted effort to procure them.
post #564 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfox View Post

With all this purchasing going on, where are y'all getting them from? I find Ebay a good source for mainstream titles. Shipping can be high, but I look for sellers that do combined shipping to reduce costs. Any onther good On-line or brick & mortar sources?

Ebay is fine, Amazon options all over the world, Forums, Friends on Forums, Online stores all over the place. Brick and Mortar stores are pretty much a dead end for most of the world (Canada and Fry's seem to be the exception..neither of which is within driving distance for me). I buy them all over the place online however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post

The only real problematic discs are those from Russia. According to ukhddvd blogspot there were four titles released, but it hasn't been verified AFAIK (someone actually reporting to own the titles). I think that if it comes down to a few people owning everything (unique) except the Russian discs, then there may be a concerted effort to procure them.

As you well know I am making a concentrated effort to procure as many as i can. The 4 Russian discs are quite a problem as we couldn't even get Tony to order them for us and I am not really excited about giving my credit card to a Russian site not to mention the apparent complete lack of being able to get anywhere to ship outside Russia. The biggest problem I think I will come across in gettig everything (except Russia) is honestly Japanese discs and things being OOP..There is no good source I have found yet for a "real" complete listing of what is available overseas (although we do have several good lists none are complete) and Japan makes it worse by clasifying many of their HD DVD titles as DVD (since they were Twin discs or were HD DVD pack ins with DVD versions on first printing only or the like) so it is hard to figure out what is what
post #565 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post


As you well know I am making a concentrated effort to procure as many as i can. The 4 Russian discs are quite a problem as we couldn't even get Tony to order them for us and I am not really excited about giving my credit card to a Russian site not to mention the apparent complete lack of being able to get anywhere to ship outside Russia. The biggest problem I think I will come across in gettig everything (except Russia) is honestly Japanese discs and things being OOP..There is no good source I have found yet for a "real" complete listing of what is available overseas (although we do have several good lists none are complete) and Japan makes it worse by clasifying many of their HD DVD titles as DVD (since they were Twin discs or were HD DVD pack ins with DVD versions on first printing only or the like) so it is hard to figure out what is what

Yeah, some of the Japanese titles are problematic as well, not to mention knowing what's what and to top it all they're very expensive. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many of them.
post #566 of 641
Taking Lives? How did you manage that one?
post #567 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

Taking Lives? How did you manage that one?

Buy it now on Ebay for $25.. Not a bad deal
post #568 of 641
Total in Collection - 329
On Order - 7


I'll never catch tormond though........................

I want "Taking Lives" but I can never find it for a price I am willing to pay. I just added "Reign of Fire", "Equilibrium", and "Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life".
post #569 of 641
tormond - Was "Taking Lives" on e-Bay for $25.00 (Buy-It-Now)? I looked and obviously it's gone...............
post #570 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerstyle View Post


Since my local Frys is selling most movies now for $11.99 (or less) I may pick up the following before calling it quits:

V for Vendetta
Pan's Labyrinth
Harry Potter - the other four even thorough I'm not a big fan
Blue Planet
Coming to America
Superman II (The Donner Cut) -???

Skip Blue Planet. V and Pan's are no brainers. The same goes for Coming to America. Many of us paid a lot more than $10 for the last Harry Potter movie and/or Pan's 7 months ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD DVD Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Software › HD DVD – Movie Collections