or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Dexter on SHO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dexter on SHO - Page 167

post #4981 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

I liked 3 much better than 5 and 6. You didn't much care for it?

Actually there was much to like in 3, but something about Jimmy Smits and everything
surrounding his character didn't play well for me.

As I've said before, there are great moments in every season, but we're darn critical here, so.... wink.gif
post #4982 of 6855
OK, so how many times does Deb use the F word tonight?
Might be a few shites thrown in for balanced 'Debism' ratio
wink.gif
post #4983 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

OK, so how many times does Deb use the F word tonight?
Might be a few shites thrown in for balanced 'Debism' ratio
wink.gif

Ha.

I'm looking forward to tonight.
post #4984 of 6855
^^^ Of course you are, because TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT! (only get to say that two more times frown.gif)

I'll be on a train coming from Upstate NY to Gotham when "Dexter" premieres, so I'll have to catch the 11PM encore. Oh, well. wink.gif

Also, to get this off my chest before the show's shenanigans consume us for good, this season's key artwork has got to be the lamest and most 'blah' "Dexter" cover for a season, ever. I thought nothing could top Season 5's lame cover but the one for S7 ('He saw. She Saw' and a easy-to-whoop-on-Photoshop profile of Dex with a cut in his cheek) really is bad. It's a good thing the show sells itself by this point and the ratings are good because, with "Homeland" winning the Emmys that past seasons of "Dexter" should have won for (Best Actor for M.C. Hall, Best Series, Best Screenplay, etc.), I can totally see "Homeland" becoming Showtime's signature show at the expense of "Dexter's" status as the network's signature show.
Edited by dad1153 - 9/30/12 at 11:04am
post #4985 of 6855
I wish Dexter would kill Deb quickly. She is soooo annoying.
post #4986 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

I'll be on a train coming from Upstate NY to Gotham when "Dexter" premieres, so I'll have to catch the 11PM encore. Oh, well. wink.gif
Don't feel bad, I have to wait until the wife comes home....a week from today!eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

I wish Dexter would kill Deb quickly. She is soooo annoying.
Ain't gonna happen....without Deb, this show is in trouble.wink.gif
post #4987 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

I wish Dexter would kill Deb quickly. She is soooo annoying.

I really like the character and the actress. Last season was pretty bad for everyone -- especially Deb. I have been waiting for this moment ever since the first season so I am really hoping that Dexter has to come clean and not just explain away this one killing. It could be a really nice dynamic with Deb. The problem she has is that she isn't going to want to turn him in immediately. Once she delays, she becomes pretty much a partner in crime. The key in the book and I think here is that Dexter has to explain how this was Harry's plan.
post #4988 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I really like the character and the actress. Last season was pretty bad for everyone -- especially Deb. I have been waiting for this moment ever since the first season so I am really hoping that Dexter has to come clean and not just explain away this one killing. It could be a really nice dynamic with Deb. The problem she has is that she isn't going to want to turn him in immediately. Once she delays, she becomes pretty much a partner in crime. The key in the book and I think here is that Dexter has to explain how this was Harry's plan.

No doubt she'll slowly put together years of clues from the past by way of flashbacks.
Harry's supposed to be on several times tonight. Too bad he can't visit Deb and have a chat wink.gif
post #4989 of 6855
Awesome biggrin.gif

Have a complaint in regards to the airport murder. The bathroom was empty? Usually at an airport it's packed full. I'm sure security would also be an issue. Cameras in the unclaimed baggage area, etc.

Oh Deb. lol
post #4990 of 6855
Excellent! Old School Dexter Lots of twists and turns. Looking forward to a good season.
post #4991 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Awesome biggrin.gif
Have a complaint in regards to the airport murder. The bathroom was empty? Usually at an airport it's packed full. I'm sure security would also be an issue. Cameras in the unclaimed baggage area, etc.
Oh Deb. lol

That was my only gripe, otherwise that was fantastic! Go Debra!
post #4992 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Awesome biggrin.gif
Have a complaint in regards to the airport murder. The bathroom was empty? Usually at an airport it's packed full. I'm sure security would also be an issue. Cameras in the unclaimed baggage area, etc.
Oh Deb. lol

Cameras all over the place. Not to mention the security cam at the gas station where Deb got the gas.

Looks like they plan to keep playing very loose and fast with the "suspension of disbelief".
post #4993 of 6855
I'm glad they got to Deb finding out the whole extent of this all in one episode. I was sure they were going to drag this out all season and have tonight's final scene be the final scene of the whole season. I'm glad to see I was wrong about that.

Really good episode. The only weird thing was Deb calling Dex's house and finding out he'd been lying about working late. Why would she call his house instead of his cell, and if she usually calls his house first I find it hard to believe that in like 3 years this is the first time she's seen him leave work on time but had his nanny tell her he was working late.
post #4994 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Cameras all over the place. Not to mention the security cam at the gas station where Deb got the gas.
Looks like they plan to keep playing very loose and fast with the "suspension of disbelief".
I was going to say the same thing... way careless with the gas station play, why not syphon it from his/her car and fill up later. And what was up with not hearing the glass slide hit the metal grate... he was cutting plastic not using a belt-fed weapon, how did he not hear that?

Still I did enjoy the other elements and the trailer for the season to come looks fantastic.
post #4995 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

I'm glad they got to Deb finding out the whole extent of this all in one episode. I was sure they were going to drag this out all season and have tonight's final scene be the final scene of the whole season. I'm glad to see I was wrong about that.
Really good episode. The only weird thing was Deb calling Dex's house and finding out he'd been lying about working late. Why would she call his house instead of his cell, and if she usually calls his house first I find it hard to believe that in like 3 years this is the first time she's seen him leave work on time but had his nanny tell her he was working late.

She thought he would be home, becasue Mustaka told her that Dex was coming in early if he worked late. She was also confirming what she was fearing, that this wasnt the 1st time Dexter had done this.....When the Nanny told her he was working late, it contradicted what Mustaka had said to her at the office...This has been the only time really that shes ever had reason to call him after work....
post #4996 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Awesome biggrin.gif
Have a complaint in regards to the airport murder. The bathroom was empty? Usually at an airport it's packed full. I'm sure security would also be an issue. Cameras in the unclaimed baggage area, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Cameras all over the place. Not to mention the security cam at the gas station where Deb got the gas.
Looks like they plan to keep playing very loose and fast with the "suspension of disbelief".
Picky, picky, picky....tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

I'm glad they got to Deb finding out the whole extent of this all in one episode. I was sure they were going to drag this out all season and have tonight's final scene be the final scene of the whole season. I'm glad to see I was wrong about that.
Me too....NEXT episode will be when the sh*t really hits the fan.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

And what was up with not hearing the glass slide hit the metal grate... he was cutting plastic not using a belt-fed weapon, how did he not hear that?
He was SEVERELY rattled and unfocused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

She thought he would be home, becasue Mustaka told her that Dex was coming in early if he worked late. She was also confirming what she was fearing, that this wasnt the 1st time Dexter had done this.....When the Nanny told her he was working late, it contradicted what Mustaka had said to her at the office...This has been the only time really that shes ever had reason to call him after work....
Yeah, that.
post #4997 of 6855
I dunno what is moar awkward these two in real life or de not seeing completely through Dexter. lol Great Premiere though. Dex really is in hot doo doo.
post #4998 of 6855
- There's no reason to check security footage, get over it
- Nothing's wrong with filling a jug of gas, people do it all the time
- You can't siphon gas out of today's cars, they have a filter that prevents that

OK done with the Deb gas explanation

Wow she did really find all that evidence in Dexter's place, that was quick, including the slides, well they were not that well hidden IMO.. and the arm, Dexter didn't check that box the guy sent him..

Dexter will be juggling Deb, La Guerta with the slide, crazy Greene guy and the Ukranian/Russian mob now.. hands would be full, IDK how will the mob will find out about Viktor though, that's when the security footage from the airport would come handy, I think.
post #4999 of 6855
Titus Pullo doesn't kill easy. Dexter's going to have his hands full this season.
post #5000 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

I'm glad they got to Deb finding out the whole extent of this all in one episode. I was sure they were going to drag this out all season and have tonight's final scene be the final scene of the whole season. I'm glad to see I was wrong about that.
Really good episode. The only weird thing was Deb calling Dex's house and finding out he'd been lying about working late. Why would she call his house instead of his cell, and if she usually calls his house first I find it hard to believe that in like 3 years this is the first time she's seen him leave work on time but had his nanny tell her he was working late.

I'm glad they did not play Deb as stupid. She is a fantasic detective so this was BOUND to happen. No need to drag it out.
I dont see calling home to be all that of an issue. He should have been home and it would have been ok. Soon as he was not she started to ask questions and did not like what she found. She then tossed the apt and found all the evidence. Remember Deb is not Dumb!

Overall I really liked this episode.
post #5001 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

- There's no reason to check security footage, get over it
- Nothing's wrong with filling a jug of gas, people do it all the time
- You can't siphon gas out of today's cars, they have a filter that prevents that
OK done with the Deb gas explanation
Wow she did really find all that evidence in Dexter's place, that was quick, including the slides, well they were not that well hidden IMO.. and the arm, Dexter didn't check that box the guy sent him..
Dexter will be juggling Deb, La Guerta with the slide, crazy Greene guy and the Ukranian/Russian mob now.. hands would be full, IDK how will the mob will find out about Viktor though, that's when the security footage from the airport would come handy, I think.

I doubt she found all of Dexter's souvenirs. I bet he is having a " dream sequence". I have not read the books and was not even sure that Debs witness to his kill was real. I am so glad that was not a "dream sequence". That would have sucked but I am not sure about this turn of events. I guess it had to happen but feels a bit awkward and takes a bit of the insanity/mystery away.

My impression of Deb is that she would turn him in. It's in her DNA and anything else feels wrong. Dexter would take all of the heat from the church fire and not implement her.

Anything else feels wrong thru years of character development. How many more seasons? One to wrap this? Hope it's not rushed (the outcome).

Rick
post #5002 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post

I doubt she found all of Dexter's souvenirs. I bet he is having a " dream sequence".

One hell of an episode closer. She knows the apartment well, but the slides? Hmm...

wink.gif
post #5003 of 6855
By the previews, I don't think it was a dream sequence and Deb was really there with all Dexter stuff.. or not?

As long as they don't pull a "it was all a dream" crap I'm hooked..

But 2 serious candidates for the slab: Louis and Maria
post #5004 of 6855
I like the flashbacks of Dex and Deb as kids.

What did the babysitters boyfriend do with his computer? Stop Dexter's Credit Card?.
post #5005 of 6855
He hacked it somehow to obtain Dexter's credit card numbers (he had them wroten down in a piece of paper) then he proceeded to cancel them all.... hence all Dexter's card being declined on the beginning (so we were thinking he was running from the police and they were the ones that froze the accounts)

Maybe he knows Dexter is the BHB from the beginning, he got an intership there on purpouse and even going out with Jaime so he can have access to his apartment...
post #5006 of 6855
I thought Dexter was day dreaming when Debra walked in on him doing the dirty. Like his life was flashing by him, he was caught.

Then separately latter in the show the guy is screwing around with Dexter's Credit Card. Strange.
post #5007 of 6855
It will be interesting to find out what the intern's motives are. I'm not really sure what the point in canceling all of Dex's credit cards would be yet.

That opening scene was some tricky misdirection.
post #5008 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

He hacked it somehow to obtain Dexter's credit card numbers (he had them wroten down in a piece of paper) then he proceeded to cancel them all.... hence all Dexter's card being declined on the beginning (so we were thinking he was running from the police and they were the ones that froze the accounts)
Maybe he knows Dexter is the BHB from the beginning, he got an intership there on purpouse and even going out with Jaime so he can have access to his apartment...

Yeah, Louis is a wild card. We still don't know everything about him. Maybe he's related to someone Dexter off'd. Freezing Dex's accounts was risky because Dex will immediately know who did it. Dex has never killed someone simply for revenge, that would be against the Code, but maybe Louis will be the first. Either way, it ain't going to go well for Louis. He's frakkin' with the wrong dude.

Everybody has been wondering how it was going to go once Deb found out her brother is a serial killer. Starting next week, it looks like we're going to find out!
post #5009 of 6855
Remember that Dexter never got to open that box with the ITK hand on it.. so that last scene wasn't daydreaming/dream because the hand was there on the table, Deb found it on top of the fridge where Travis left it...

Anyway where's Calista Flockheart? and I'm guessing Yvonne will be on soon...
post #5010 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post

My impression of Deb is that she would turn him in. It's in her DNA and anything else feels wrong. Dexter would take all of the heat from the church fire and not implement her.
Anything else feels wrong thru years of character development. How many more seasons? One to wrap this? Hope it's not rushed (the outcome).
Rick

As I posted in my very long thread regarding season 5, I think that Deb has been developing towards this all along. She initially was everything is black and white. Due to her ITK experience, she had a lot of empathy towards victims and in season 5 talked to Dexter about certain people deserving to die. Both Deb and Dexter were raised by Harry who held these beliefs. As I said before (and seems to be correct if the previews were not misdirection) that Dexter will explain that Harry knew and set Dexter on this path. A lot of Dexter's explanations will help. Deb is going to think that Dexter knew who Rudy was, may have killed Rita and Doakes. Dexter has a lot of 'splaining to do. I ultimately believe that Deb will take on the challenge of stopping Dexter from being a serial killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNINE View Post

I like the flashbacks of Dex and Deb as kids.
What did the babysitters boyfriend do with his computer? Stop Dexter's Credit Card?.

Right now I think the the babysitter's bf is just a jerk who is angry at Dexter. That could potentially be trouble down the road and they had the obvious foreshadowing of the babysitter saying how the more she knows him the weirder he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

It will be interesting to find out what the intern's motives are. I'm not really sure what the point in canceling all of Dex's credit cards would be yet.
That opening scene was some tricky misdirection.

Yes, misdirection. However, I hate when shows and movies fake you out by showing something out of sequence. It really isn't fair to show a flashforward which is set up as a current event.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Dexter on SHO