or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Dexter on SHO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dexter on SHO - Page 214

post #6391 of 6855
It's funny seeing everyone talk about this recent episode like it's the best of the season. I hopped on over to AVClub, and they rated it a D+, the worst of the entire season.
post #6392 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Was it Quinn?
Her beau?
Zack?
Harrison?

Lol Harrison
post #6393 of 6855
Sho HD compression on my cable sucks so bad...
post #6394 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins View Post

And I didn't even get to Dex and Hannah's sex scene. Okay, I just did! smile.gif
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I hopped on over to AVClub, and they rated it a D+, the worst of the entire season.
Exactly why you should be staying here with THE Dexter experts.wink.gif
post #6395 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

LOL.
Exactly why you should be staying here with THE Dexter experts.wink.gif

Uh, we call ourselves: Dexperts..
post #6396 of 6855
What was Jamie doing when Cassie was killed? Any chance she is the BS?
post #6397 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

What was Jamie doing when Cassie was killed? Any chance she is the BS?

No, its Harrison. The prodigal son.
post #6398 of 6855
I don't really belive this, but here's another theory to thow in the pile:
Zak & neighbor Girl were both killed by Dexter's Father!
They pulled an ' Olmos, & after all the LaGuerta/Deb stff, Dex is now a Skitzo , & doesn't even know what his other half is doing ...
He framed Zak with the blood, & his other half had no idea ...
He may end up killing Deb, Quinn, Battista or Hannah, & ultimately getting caught ...
Again, not really what I'm believing at this point ... & they probably would need more episodes to hash that all out ...
post #6399 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

I don't really belive this, but here's another theory to thow in the pile:
Zak & neighbor Girl were both killed by Dexter's Father!
They pulled an ' Olmos, & after all the LaGuerta/Deb stff, Dex is now a Skitzo , & doesn't even know what his other half is doing ...
He framed Zak with the blood, & his other half had no idea ...
He may end up killing Deb, Quinn, Battista or Hannah, & ultimately getting caught ...
Again, not really what I'm believing at this point ... & they probably would need more episodes to hash that all out ...
Oh, and he's the BS too...and the kicker...the final scene is Dexter waking up next to Lila in an artist's commune and realizing he's been on a long strange trip...then goes off to make red splattered Jackson Pollock knockoffs. Shake's his head and says "WTF was that about, I wouldn't hurt a fly".
post #6400 of 6855
A couple of thoughts before I get to this week's Dexter and the quality of the season. First, Yvonne Strahovski isn't just pretty, she may be the most beautiful and charismatic actress I know of these days.. To complete the package, in her nude scene with Dexter, she proved to me at least that she has a body that is as beautiful as the rest of the package. In fact, she has such thousand watt sex appeal, that in the sex scene I wondered if Dexter was a little gay. Second, may I say as a member of the Senior Citizen cohort that I resent the implication that Charlotte Rampling is in her 70s. Actually Rampling is a young woman, only 67.smile.gif

Now, on to the show itself. As usual, I loved this week's show and think this Season's Dexter has been one of the best. As others have noted, this week's show was very funny, for example, "Are we there yet?" But it was also terrific dramatically, as all of the speculation here about who killed Zach has shown. I too think Vogel killed Zach but who knows? After all, the show's writers are famous for their ability to bait and switch. Unlike too many other long running series to name, Dexter seems to be going out on a high.
post #6401 of 6855
She's got a body but she was all covered up.

Maybe in a few years, when the roles dry up for her ...
post #6402 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Uh, we call ourselves: Dexperts..
Dang!
I wish I had said that first.....cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

What was Jamie doing when Cassie was killed? Any chance she is the BS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

I don't really belive this, but here's another theory to thow in the pile:
Zak & neighbor Girl were both killed by Dexter's Father!
They pulled an ' Olmos, & after all the LaGuerta/Deb stff, Dex is now a Skitzo , & doesn't even know what his other half is doing ...
He framed Zak with the blood, & his other half had no idea ...
He may end up killing Deb, Quinn, Battista or Hannah, & ultimately getting caught ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Oh, and he's the BS too...and the kicker...the final scene is Dexter waking up next to Lila in an artist's commune and realizing he's been on a long strange trip...then goes off to make red splattered Jackson Pollock knockoffs. Shake's his head and says "WTF was that about, I wouldn't hurt a fly".
Gee, thanx guys....for making my head hurt even more.rolleyes.gifeek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

A couple of thoughts before I get to this week's Dexter and the quality of the season. First, Yvonne Strahovski isn't just pretty, she may be the most beautiful and charismatic actress I know of these days.. To complete the package, in her nude scene with Dexter, she proved to me at least that she has a body that is as beautiful as the rest of the package. In fact, she has such thousand watt sex appeal, that in the sex scene I wondered if Dexter was a little gay.
+10 quadzillion....

Quote:
Second, may I say as a member of the Senior Citizen cohort that I resent the implication that Charlotte Rampling is in her 70s. Actually Rampling is a young woman, only 67.smile.gif
No fair talking down to us youngsters.tongue.gif

Quote:
Now, on to the show itself. As usual, I loved this week's show and think this Season's Dexter has been one of the best. As others have noted, this week's show was very funny, for example, "Are we there yet?" But it was also terrific dramatically, as all of the speculation here about who killed Zach has shown. I too think Vogel killed Zach but who knows? After all, the show's writers are famous for their ability to bait and switch. Unlike too many other long running series to name, Dexter seems to be going out on a high.
Indeed, sir.smile.gif
post #6403 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

A couple of thoughts before I get to this week's Dexter and the quality of the season. First, Yvonne Strahovski isn't just pretty, she may be the most beautiful and charismatic actress I know of these days.. To complete the package, in her nude scene with Dexter, she proved to me at least that she has a body that is as beautiful as the rest of the package. In fact, she has such thousand watt sex appeal, that in the sex scene I wondered if Dexter was a little gay. Second, may I say as a member of the Senior Citizen cohort that I resent the implication that Charlotte Rampling is in her 70s. Actually Rampling is a young woman, only 67.smile.gif
You're a dirty old man. I am too. There have been a couple of women I've met in my life that I reacted to (in reality) like what I see in the Dex/Hannah relationship. It's well written, but I find it surprising how well the camera captures the chemistry between a couple that just connects like they do. In real life, it never lasted for me and I've been married twice for 23 and 18 years...not with the women I referring to. I don't know if it can be maintained, but when it's there, it's amazing. That Yvonne can evoke that on camera (and I do agree that MCH is just along for the ride...maybe that's harsh, he's got to be contributing) has been something special in the last two seasons. There's lots of beautiful people in the entertainment industry, lots of sexy roles, lots of outstanding faces and bodies, but she's one of those special ones, that if I'd met in real life, I'd never get over.

That said, she's an actress and maybe I'd hate her real persona...but if she stayed in character, I'd be hopelessly in thrall until it wore off.
post #6404 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

She's got a body but she was all covered up.

Maybe in a few years, when the roles dry up for her ...

They even used CGI to remove her boobs so they wouldn't be seen.
post #6405 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

You're a dirty old man. I am too. There have been a couple of women I've met in my life that I reacted to (in reality) like what I see in the Dex/Hannah relationship. It's well written, but I find it surprising how well the camera captures the chemistry between a couple that just connects like they do. In real life, it never lasted for me and I've been married twice for 23 and 18 years...not with the women I referring to. I don't know if it can be maintained, but when it's there, it's amazing. That Yvonne can evoke that on camera (and I do agree that MCH is just along for the ride...maybe that's harsh, he's got to be contributing) has been something special in the last two seasons. There's lots of beautiful people in the entertainment industry, lots of sexy roles, lots of outstanding faces and bodies, but she's one of those special ones, that if I'd met in real life, I'd never get over.

That said, she's an actress and maybe I'd hate her real persona...but if she stayed in character, I'd be hopelessly in thrall until it wore off.
OK, you convinced me....I'm dumping the wife and heading to Miami.biggrin.gif
post #6406 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa View Post

They even used CGI to remove her boobs so they wouldn't be seen.

Technology at its cruelist! frown.gif
post #6407 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Second, may I say as a member of the Senior Citizen cohort that I resent the implication that Charlotte Rampling is in her 70s. Actually Rampling is a young woman, only 67.smile.gif

My bad - didn't actually check that. I'll stick with the "to old to be moving bodies around" thoughts.
post #6408 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Technology at its cruelist! frown.gif
How do we know this. They aren't large. They are fine when standing up, but when on her back they flatten out. I was looking closely for a nip shot and they might have fudged that, cuz there was some wriggling and it would take editing not to let something show. They should have just let her wear her real body.





post #6409 of 6855
If they didn't show anything, she probably declined to sign the nudity clause. So when they film, she's probably wearing patches.

Showtime isn't shy about asking name guest actresses to do nudity on their various shows. They probably tried and she probably said no.
post #6410 of 6855
Yeah, Hall has a pretty hot bod. eek.gif I wanted to pull Hannah's hair out. biggrin.gif
post #6411 of 6855
I really want them to end this show as dark as possible. They need to avoid copping out with a Dexter lives happily ever after ending. I want something like Deb kills Hannah, Dex reacts by snapping and killing Deb. Maybe even have him off Quinn who is already looking like he is the next Doaks. Dex realizes that he will never be anything more than the sociopath that he really is and slides down to the darkest levels of his sociopathy. Maybe end with him running away and re-surfacing in another country (they have already established he has a passport connection) and stalking someone who may or may not meet the code. I think I like the idea of the person clearly NOT meeting the code. Vogels story can simply be the vehicle to make all of this come together. She dies somewhere along the line at Dex's hands before all the darkness goes down.

Please...one time...give us an ending that is true to the subject matter. Sociopaths do not reform and live happily ever after. The message that the code ultimately was a failure would be a nice ending. I love the suggestion that Dex has gone Schitzo. That would be a nice vehicle to trigger the events I would like to see.

Dark! Give me DARK!
post #6412 of 6855
^ This. When you watch the very first episode, it's dark. This show needs to end in the same vein.
post #6413 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

^ This. When you watch the very first episode, it's dark. This show needs to end in the same vein.
I'm not sure, but I think most of us DO want it to end "dark."wink.gif
post #6414 of 6855
So Dexter returns to the beginning, didn't grow any?

Harrison doesn't matter to him any more than any other human beings?

Actually, if he abandons the code, he's regressed.
post #6415 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I'm not sure, but I think most of us DO want it to end "dark."wink.gif

Why not a light ending?

Bob Newhart wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette. "I had the strangest dream Emily. I was a serial killer in Miami..."
post #6416 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by gperrine View Post

Why not a light ending?

Bob Newhart wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette. "I had the strangest dream Emily. I was a serial killer in Miami..."

How about dinner with Anthony Hopkins?
post #6417 of 6855
Sounds like the 3rd act of the season can't get here fast enough wink.gif

If the final 4 epps are not just crazy epic, there's always
season 1 & 2. I can live with that. Can You?
post #6418 of 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

Sounds like the 3rd act of the season can't get here fast enough wink.gif

If the final 4 epps are not just crazy epic, there's always
season 1 & 2. I can live with that. Can You?
I don't want to be cynical....so I'm hoping for a killer (pun intended) final act.wink.gif
post #6419 of 6855
ah yuk Vogel overload with extra Vogel cherry on top
they could have wrote him in some other way. . . it wouldnt have made any diff, however the Vogel itself hasnt improved the show any for me except give me a rash everytime i see that face and hear her talk.
at least this dude fits in the Dexter show... unlike the Vogel herpes
good ep except for continued rash... which looks like its gonna last until the end . . there is no cure for herpes
post #6420 of 6855
In case anyone was unsure, it is obvious Vogel will destroy the Morgan family.....or not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Dexter on SHO