Hi all.... I recently shut down the home theater in my home, a 7.2 system that was designed originally for the room specifically for a home theater.. and like the rest of the world, I have brought my tv out to my living room and I"m repurposing some of the equipment, which includes:
- Comcast Scientifica Atlantica Cable Box
- Center, two fronts, and a sub.
- I will be adding two rears in the form of in wall built ins over the next few weeks.
- LG LA7400 55" smart tv
- Secondary receiver to drive 6 speakers (three rooms) that come into the receiver and serves as the multi-room, with a separate volume control for the three rooms.
- I am not using a BR on purpose, as I don't buy/rent DVDs, nor do I need the smart apps because the tv has them.
In the new setup, from behind the TV I was aggressive and ran a ton of cables including two cat 6, two hdmi, and a toslink. I'm currently using only the HDMI cable to receiver, which is receiving from the cable box via hdmi, and it all seems to work.
butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, I'm trying to do a couple of things and have no idea how to setup, and hope you can help:
1) The equipment is located to far away for the microphone to setup the sound, so its still set to my old setup in now a very open room. Any thoughts on how to extend the mic to do an autosound test would be great.
2) Using the smart apps, while still using cable. For example, if I want to run pandora music on multi-room, but display the cable image, I can't know how to do that... or run comcast music throughout the house and display my picasa pics through the smart apps... I"m not sure if I should be directing the TV to send the signal to the receiver via the toslink for pandora via the toslink, and the tv will display cable or not. any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
3) In the land of HD, I'm only getting 5.1 on HD channels, any other channels go to "stereo" and only uses the two fronts. THIS IS THE BIGGIE. How do I set the receiver to force it to go 5.1 all the time?
Finally, at some point, I will add the new Xbox, and I'm sure I will have questions.
Thoughts, comments, help would be really appreciated.