or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Epson EMP-TW1000 1080p LCD HDMI1.3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epson EMP-TW1000 1080p LCD HDMI1.3 - Page 3

post #61 of 1603
MSRP in the US 4.999$: http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/11/27...t-us-for-4-99/
post #62 of 1603
Boom. And there it is.
post #63 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_Sunshine View Post

MSRP in the US 4.999$: http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/11/27...t-us-for-4-99/

The linked PR article it's based off of says the $4,999 is "estimated street price". Dunno if that is the same as MSRP??
post #64 of 1603
Epson's sell at MSRP...sorry folks...unless something drastic happens this year in Epson's marketing approach at this price this unit is now the most expensive non-DLP 1080p solution. Are we really surprised though? Epson are perenially some of the most expensive options out there. Last year they set the market for LCD's with the 550 priced at $2500...the Epson 800 bundle last year was much more.
post #65 of 1603
If after a few of them are out in the field, well received by reviewers, and relatively trouble free, I will be seriously considering the "import it from Japan" approach. Or maybe AVS could step up with a pre-order deal to make it worth our while, we'll see.
post #66 of 1603
What a joke. More like a US con job.
post #67 of 1603
Unfortunately even a power buy won't work the way that Epson set's up their distribution and sales agreements.
post #68 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbert Humbert View Post

What a joke. More like a US con job.

What if it's the best of the crop in pic quality? It may be worth $500 more than the Mits.
post #69 of 1603
Especially if it comes D65 calibrated.
post #70 of 1603
I hope it has a good processing / scaling solution for that price...
post #71 of 1603
Agreed Epson's always commanded a higher premium than some of the other players, but they do build a quality, reliable projector and back them with excellent customer service and warranties.

There's some extra value in what they offer in that premium as well.
I can't confirm this but I remember reading somewhere that the 1000 is expected to come with a 3 year overnight replacement warranty including the bulb. ISF'd out of the box as well.

In addition it may just be the brightest 1080p LCD out of the bunch this year. Epson's always understated their specs well below the actual numbers. In this case 1200 lumens on the 1000, which will probably fair somewhere closer to 1600 lumens. This is just a guess. The 810 was spec'd at 1600 lumens but tested out to close to 2400, fully blown out mind you. So it might be worth that extra to some here also.

After being thoroughly impressed with the new 810's performance this week-end I have to admit I'm biased towards Epson for now so take my comments from my enthusiastic point of view in mind.
post #72 of 1603
So is it February for Japan release also, or will they get it sooner?
post #73 of 1603
Just found the link where I had read about the 3yr warranty including bulb here.

Google translated...
Epson 1000
post #74 of 1603
It doesn't bother anyone that Epson feels it needn't treat the US market as if it existed on the same planet as the Japanese market. Though if it truly doesn't bother anyone I can see why Epson would feel so free as to charge us considerably more, and comparatively more - this is the sting - for the same projector.

It is what it is, a form of tolerated corporate racism - a slap in the face. Some rationalize it with excuses as if Epson was their child, others, me, get pissed.
post #75 of 1603
doesn't bother me at all, it just means I'll move along to the next CE provider's product.
post #76 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbert Humbert View Post

It doesn't bother anyone that Epson feels it needn't treat the US market as if it existed on the same planet as the Japanese market. Though if it truly doesn't bother anyone I can see why Epson would feel so free as to charge us considerably more, and comparatively more - this is the sting - for the same projector.

It is what it is, a form of tolerated corporate racism - a slap in the face. Some rationalize it with excuses as if Epson was their child, others, me, get pissed.

Or maybe they have some kind of pricing agreement with the other manufacturers that use Epson's panels, so they don't undercut their customers.
post #77 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Or maybe they have some kind of pricing agreement with the other manufacturers that use Epson's panels, so they don't undercut their customers.

Their customers also sell in Japan. To come in at $1000 more in the US is ridiculous!
post #78 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex512 View Post

Their customers also sell in Japan. To come in at $1000 more in the US is ridiculous!

Hehe I know, I didn't said it made sense, but then business decisions often don't.
post #79 of 1603
Epson pricing strategy worldwide has always been "strange" (bound by strict commercial agreement, IMHO), but this time....wow!

In europe epson has always sold projector way lower than in us (yes I know the differences between the european and us model, but they have always been very minor, to my eyes), and in europe prices (and models) were always tied and follower of the japan pricing scheme.

It was true with the tw500, it was true with the last year tw600, and it's true this year......but ONLY with the tw700

The Tw700 (Cinema 810) is already sold in europe LOWER than the japan advertised price, why the tw1000 should be sold for double the japan advertised price?

I still conserve some hope......but will take a serious look at japan REAL release date and pricing scheme; if anyone knows ....post it here please (respecting AVS rules, of course!)
post #80 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyl View Post

I still conserve some hope......but will take a serious look at japan REAL release date and pricing scheme; if anyone knows ....post it here please (respecting AVS rules, of course!)

My anger subsided to disappointed . I double checked myself (can read some japanese).

It retails for $3,000; Amazon Japan will ship it on 2006/12/05; It can bought from a reliable store (one I have indirectly dealt with in the past) for about $2,600.

(I trust this is in keeping with the rules as none of above, unfortunalty, seems at all connected to American or European prices.)
post #81 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

26dbs is loud!

You don't need to defend Sony here please
post #82 of 1603
Here is a word from a Japanese based retailer:
"It seems that Epson cannot provide enough D6 panel to makers, due to production problem. Its availability will be extremely limited unless D6-panel production problem is solved."

Either there is a production problem, or they are purposely limiting distribution.
post #83 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagMan View Post

The linked PR article it's based off of says the $4,999 is "estimated street price". Dunno if that is the same as MSRP??


I spoke with and/or emailed several EPSON dealers regarding my possible purchase of the Epson Pro Cinema 810.

They do NOT sell below MSRP. Their MSRP is the street. The dealers do not budge on the Epsons.

Moreover, there are very few places to buy Epson. I found ZERO places in the entire Philadelphia metro region (4th largest in the United States).

My options are dealers in other states (the few that I found), or a total of 2 Internet sites.

Epson has a tiny tiny distribution network in the U.S. Apparently in an effort to keep prices high.

Epson makes it really tempting to buy from a Japanese site (almost 50% less for the non-U.S. version). But othewise identical projector.
post #84 of 1603
I would buy the TW700 from Japan. At their price, who cares if you don't have a warranty? You just buy a 2nd one and you're still about even And I think you can ship it back to them for the first year for the Japanese warranty anyway, just cost you a bit for shipping.

The "convenience" of an overnight replacement pj isn't worth double to me.
post #85 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post

I would buy the TW700 from Japan. At their price, who cares if you don't have a warranty? You just buy a 2nd one and you're still about even And I think you can ship it back to them for the first year for the Japanese warranty anyway, just cost you a bit for shipping.

The "convenience" of an overnight replacement pj isn't worth double to me.


But I thought the epson 810 comes calibrated out of the box, but the tw700 does not??
post #86 of 1603
I'm personally not an "ISF calibration" kind of guy. If you are, then maybe the 810 is the way to go. I don't actually know if the 700 is any different.
post #87 of 1603
How come the Epson FullHD is getting so little attention here?

At a price in Asia of less than 2k Euros, its a real steal and costs less than half the price of a Mitsu or Pana.

How come nobody here careS?
post #88 of 1603
Because there's not that many people that want to risk buying a grey-market projector w/out a good warranty.

Remember, the MSRP / street is much higher here in the U.S. ... so our only "reasonable" option is to get it overseas... strange !
post #89 of 1603
What'S the street price in the us?
post #90 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT-Naimee View Post

What'S the street price in the us?

$4,999

Epson doesn't allow prising below MSRP also, so you won't see lower street prices.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Epson EMP-TW1000 1080p LCD HDMI1.3