or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Pioneer PDP-505CMX / 507CMX / 607CMX monitor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pioneer PDP-505CMX / 507CMX / 607CMX monitor - Page 21

post #601 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

My Pioneer rep said there may not be any 1080P commercial panels in the near future. He had said in the commercial indusrty 1080P is not really needed. However the way the market is looking I think 1 year from now there might not be any 720P units on the market.......1080P and up.......they will not dump there commercial line as there is a HUGE market in commercial applications.......

If I read it right somewhere, I think Pio is not going to be making monitors in 08!!!! just tv's...

If I can get 50" CMX for under say 900, is it worth getting instead of the 50" pdp tv?? I have a scientific atlantic HD STB, Sony PS3 and a Yami RXV992 (?) receiver. What card would I have to get to get all things hooked up? Tnx for input.
post #602 of 635
Can I interrupt? I am new to the forum and need a little input. I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. If not forgive my ignorance. You all seem quite technically inclined so maybe one of you can help me out. We have a Pioneer PDP-505CMX. We just got it from a friend who had it sitting in a high end house they were trying to sell so it was only turned on a couple of times for an open house here or there. We've barely watched it since we got it what with traveling for holidays and what not. Now, we're home and trying to watch movies and the silly thing keeps shutting off. We unplug it, wait, plug it back in and sometimes it works for hours and other times it shuts off again after a minute. Can anyone give me even the vaguest idea of what this might be? We live in the Keys and the nearest repair man that can help is in Key West and given the laid back nature of the keys we are having a terrible time getting a hold of anyone at all to help. But, in the meantime I would like to get as much info and be as informed as possible for when I do speak to them. Men have a tendancy to treat women like nitwits sometimes when it comes to things like this. They think it might be over our little heads... so I want to be prepared just in case
TIA for all the help
Stacey
post #603 of 635
I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. I apologize if this has been discussed previously in this thread. I've had a 505-CMX with a key digital KD-pc2 for over a year and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I recently bought a Yamaha RX-V463 with hope of being able to pass all my HDMI sources through it to display on the Pio. The Yamaha has two 1.2a HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. I've been trouble shooting why I'm having difficulty getting the HDMI sources to display to the Pio through the receiver. I checked all the receiver settings used different HDMI cables and lengths until I finally narrowed it down to the Pio being the cause of the problem. For some reason the Pio doesn't play well with the Yamaha's HDMI output. I can get audio through HDMI but only when the HDMI source is not selected, meaning, I hear HDMI audio when using a component video source or the tv is off. When I select the Comcast DVR HDMI video source on the Yamaha a picture of the source will display for a split second then it black screens. When I select the DVD source the Pio looks as though it trying to switch to the HDMI source but it doesn't display any video.
Can anybody shed some light on why this is occurring and if it can be corrected?
post #604 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majedesi View Post

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. I apologize if this has been discussed previously in this thread. I've had a 505-CMX with a key digital KD-pc2 for over a year and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I recently bought a Yamaha RX-V463 with hope of being able to pass all my HDMI sources through it to display on the Pio. The Yamaha has two 1.2a HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. I've been trouble shooting why I'm having difficulty getting the HDMI sources to display to the Pio through the receiver. I checked all the receiver settings used different HDMI cables and lengths until I finally narrowed it down to the Pio being the cause of the problem. For some reason the Pio doesn't play well with the Yamaha's HDMI output. I can get audio through HDMI but only when the HDMI source is not selected, meaning, I hear HDMI audio when using a component video source or the tv is off. When I select the Comcast DVR HDMI video source on the Yamaha a picture of the source will display for a split second then it black screens. When I select the DVD source the Pio looks as though it trying to switch to the HDMI source but it doesn't display any video.
Can anybody shed some light on why this is occurring and if it can be corrected?

The Key card is probably only HDMI 1.1 so there might be some incompatibility between it and the Yamaha? Can you set the Yamaha to passthrough mode and see if that works? And what happens if you connect your sources directly to the Key card?
post #605 of 635
The sources have been connected directly to the Key card for the past year without problem. I'll have to look if there is a setting for pass-through. I'm afraid that it is the HDMI compatibility, which there's not many options for updating my video card for the Pio, at least that I know of.
post #606 of 635
Upgraded the KD-pc2 firmware but that didn't help either.
post #607 of 635
Is the 607CMX still considered a good buy? The 5002 or Kd card don't seem to be available anymore which limits connectivity to component but the prices are dropping as the 60" can be had on sale for $2700 Cdn now.
post #608 of 635
If anyone is interested I have an extra HD Xplorer I'm willing to part with.
post #609 of 635
I might be interested. Is it a KD-PC1 or KD-PC2?

Thanks
post #610 of 635
I was under the impression they were the same physical card with the firmware revision being the determing factor. I've flashed this card with firmware KD-PC2 v.2.07B. The image is outstanding.
post #611 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Pratt View Post

Is the 607CMX still considered a good buy? The 5002 or Kd card don't seem to be available anymore which limits connectivity to component but the prices are dropping as the 60" can be had on sale for $2700 Cdn now.

Depends upon what the going rate is for Pioneer krp600m Kuro plasma monitors up there, the current and last available 60" monitor from Pioneer since they are out of the plasma business now (other than warranty support, etc.).

To throw a number at you, I would say if you're on a relatively tight budget and the 607cmx is at least 20-25% cheaper than the krp600m, then it might be worth it at that price. If money is not so tight, then go for the current Pioneer model. As well-regarded the 507/607cmx series was, their current models are almost universally considered the cream of the crop and a big step in quality.
post #612 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

Depends upon what the going rate is for Pioneer krp600m Kuro plasma monitors up there, the current and last available 60" monitor from Pioneer since they are out of the plasma business now (other than warranty support, etc.).

To throw a number at you, I would say if you're on a relatively tight budget and the 607cmx is at least 20-25% cheaper than the krp600m, then it might be worth it at that price. If money is not so tight, then go for the current Pioneer model. As well-regarded the 507/607cmx series was, their current models are almost universally considered the cream of the crop and a big step in quality.

the price he quoted for the 607cmx is phenominal... in canada the 600m is atleast 1700 more... thats getting the krp for a dead great deal.
post #613 of 635
i dont have the factory remote or any instructions because my pdp 507cmx came furnished with my apartment.. my video card has come out of the slot and I am unable to get the tv to recognize it, there is no Input 3, Input 4, or Input 5 even when I hold hold it in the slot. What is the proper method of reinstalling the video card? Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers.

TV: PDP 507CMX
CARD: PDA 5003
post #614 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman23dotcom View Post

i dont have the factory remote or any instructions because my pdp 507cmx came furnished with my apartment.. my video card has come out of the slot and I am unable to get the tv to recognize it, there is no Input 3, Input 4, or Input 5 even when I hold hold it in the slot. What is the proper method of reinstalling the video card? Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers.

TV: PDP 507CMX
CARD: PDA 5003

The card does take a bit of force to seat properly. Ideally you should take the set off of the wall and lay it flat on it's face on a proper surface. Take the card all the way out then re-insert and don't be afraid to give it adequate force to fully seat. My uncle bought the same combination and had this problem and was able to solve it by re-seating and a little extra force.
post #615 of 635
does anyone have a spare upgrade cable they are willing to part with?
post #616 of 635
hey guys im back with another question/issue:

So I purchased the HD Xplorer card and now I'm trying to get it to work. I have the PDP 507CMX and from what I've been reading I need to update the firmware in order for the card to properly function.

The only input that currently works on the card is Input 3, and that only truly works when hooked up to a macbook via miniport dvi -> hdmi, then at it's native resolution at 50hz (PAL).. weird I know.

So what I really want to know is.. what EXACTLY do I need in order for this card to properly function. I need these 4 HDMI's!

Thanks in advance.
post #617 of 635
Does anyone out there still own and use a PDP-505CMX?

If yes, did you have it calibrated or carried out extensive calibration on your own? I would love to get some guidance on your settings (and sed if they work for me). There are not "test" patterns where I live...

Thanks for any assistance (and apologies for reviving a very old thread).
post #618 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragno View Post

Does anyone out there still own and use a PDP-505CMX?

If yes, did you have it calibrated or carried out extensive calibration on your own? I would love to get some guidance on your settings (and sed if they work for me). There are not "test" patterns where I live...

Thanks for any assistance (and apologies for reviving a very old thread).

I still use a 503cmx & except for a new power supply it has been great.
post #619 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMO View Post


I still use a 503cmx & except for a new power supply it has been great.

Did you have it calibrated? If so, what are your full range of settings?
post #620 of 635
Anyone know where to adjust the overscan settings in the integrator menu?

I believe I am getting a little when playing my Wii after passing through my Pioneer AVR (SC-37). Same goes for my crappy DVD player.
post #621 of 635
Old thread resurrection but I just wanted to let anyone know I do have a Key Digital card for anyone with a Pioneer plasma looking to enhance the pic quality. I'd be willing to purchase another 427CMX in lieu of selling the card if there are any available out there.
post #622 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfdave View Post

Old thread resurrection but I just wanted to let anyone know I do have a Key Digital card for anyone with a Pioneer plasma looking to enhance the pic quality. I'd be willing to purchase another 427CMX in lieu of selling the card if there are any available out there.

Interesting ... My KD card gave up the ghost a few months ago and was unrepairable. KD sent me a refurbished external scaler for cheap as a replacement but I'm not that thrilled with it. PM me a price for the card ... I may take it off your hands.
post #623 of 635
Just PM'd you.
post #624 of 635
direwolfdave, I'm interested if you still have it available, thanks
post #625 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragno View Post


Did you have it calibrated? If so, what are your full range of settings?

No, used settings found here yrs ago.
post #626 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMO View Post


No, used settings found here yrs ago.

I looked around for days but found little for settings.
post #627 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragno View Post


I looked around for days but found little for settings.

I found this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA View Post

My settings are the following, yours might need to be a bit different.
Contrast -11
Bright +2
Color -9
Tint +9
Sharp -7
Auto Power Off ON
Color Temp Middle
Digital NR Low
Clamp Position Auto
Power Control Mode 1

Hope that helps.
post #628 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantownrounders View Post

direwolfdave, I'm interested if you still have it available, thanks

Already gone, sorry.
post #629 of 635
Try the Harmony 1.


Quote:
Originally Posted by siment View Post
I have my 507 set up with the Key Digital HD Xplorer card now and it sure looks great!

I am experiencing the same challenges as Josh, so I'm currently running the card on 1024x768. The plasma does accept 1280x800, but the HD Xplorer only outputs either XGA (1024x768) or WXGA (1280x768).

My sources are Verizon FIOS HD TV over HDMI, a BOSE DVD player (not HD) over S-Video and a Desktop computer connected directly into the plasma's internal DVI port.

Even though the panel is running at 1024x768, it does look very nice. I was surprised by how sharp and vivid the SD picture from a normal DVD on the BOSE system looked on the screen. I am using the PC for digital pictures and that simply looks awesome. I have an nVidia graphics card on the PC and with the latest nVidia software I am running the 1360x768 resolution. This is plug'n'play and looks so sharp and natural that the people in my pictures seem real! I tried at first to connect the PC to the Xplorer card, but that was pointless. Since the card doesn't support the native resolution yet (firmware expected beginning of December) it just downscaled the picture to 1024x768. It still looked very good, I am impressed by how well it scales the different resolutions, but I was looking for that true 1365x768 resolution so I plugged it into the DVI port instead.

The Xplorer card gives you complete control of most anything, I really like that. You can adjust anything and every setting you make is specific to that port, so every source can be customized.

The only problem I have is that I now have 4 remotes (my wife really likes that...); FIOS, BOSE, 507 and Xplorer... If any of you guys out there have a recommendation for a good (but not too expensive) programmable remote, I'm all ears.


Simen.
post #630 of 635
Anyone have an issue with red and blue being clipped?

I noticed the clipping while using S&M BD on my Oppo BDP-93 and Pioneer SC-37.

Any guidance on where to make changes (especially in the integrator menu) would be very much welcomed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Pioneer PDP-505CMX / 507CMX / 607CMX monitor