or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 416

post #12451 of 15623
Hello all. I'm a long time lurker on this thread. I finally pulled yhe trigger on a SVS PB-12NSD. Just received it today. All I can say is WOW! I've finally seen the light! Amazing sound!
post #12452 of 15623
Congratulations on your fine acquisition. That's some exciting stuff.

...biggrin.gif
post #12453 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaid View Post

Hello all. I'm a long time lurker on this thread. I finally pulled yhe trigger on a SVS PB-12NSD. Just received it today. All I can say is WOW! I've finally seen the light! Amazing sound!
i got 2 about three weeks ago. They ate truly amazing!
post #12454 of 15623
I think I've convinced myself that I need a 2nd one. LOL!!!! Probably don't need a 2nd one but can only imagine how it would sound....
post #12455 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaid View Post

I think I've convinced myself that I need a 2nd one. LOL!!!! Probably don't need a 2nd one but can only imagine how it would sound....

I didn't want to go there on your first post which was announcing your new, subwoofer acquisition. The improvement in performance between one sub and two is, in my opinion, "VERY" dramatic.
post #12456 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaid View Post

I think I've convinced myself that I need a 2nd one. LOL!!!! Probably don't need a 2nd one but can only imagine how it would sound....
Ha that's exactly how I felt after my purchase. I will get another Ultra sometime next year.
post #12457 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Ha that's exactly how I felt after my purchase. I will get another Ultra sometime next year.

Surprisingly, I expect when you do, you'll notice a huge difference as you can hear the bass sound stage open up hugely. In this case, sooner is better than later. tongue.gif
post #12458 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Surprisingly, I expect when you do, you'll notice a huge difference as you can hear the bass sound stage open up hugely. In this case, sooner is better than later. tongue.gif
My next upgrade is a new tv then another Ultra so unfortunately it will be later than sooner.
post #12459 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

When does the 45 day trial begin, the day you place the order, or the day the product arrives at your house?


And are there any owners of their Soundpath cables? What do you think about them?
I own the Soundpath cables and they are very good quality.
post #12460 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

My next upgrade is a new tv then another Ultra so unfortunately it will be later than sooner.

Ah yes, those gosh darn priorities. How much longer before you get your upgraded TV?
post #12461 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

I own the Soundpath cables and they are very good quality.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of getting one when I get the SB13.
post #12462 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Ah yes, those gosh darn priorities. How much longer before you get your upgraded TV?
Well tax time so middle of February. Samsung UN65F7100 65-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED
post #12463 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of getting one when I get the SB13.
Yea I bought mine when I purchased my SB13 as well.
post #12464 of 15623
With my pc12+a coming in today, should I tune them for 16hz vs 20?
post #12465 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Well tax time so middle of February. Samsung UN65F7100 65-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED

...eek.gif

...biggrin.gif

(congratulations)

Ya gotta love flat screen TVs.

...wink.gif

(what's up on the Blu-ray player front?)
post #12466 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

...eek.gif

...biggrin.gif

(congratulations)

Ya gotta love flat screen TVs.

...wink.gif

(what's up on the Blu-ray player front?)
You would ask ha. Thats last on the list. I love my Sony S790 but an Oppo BDP 103 is on the list.
post #12467 of 15623
Beeman do you own those Epic Cf-3's? I heard those are incredible speakers.
post #12468 of 15623
...biggrin.gif

Yes.

...biggrin.gif
post #12469 of 15623
The OPPO is the Top Dog so IMO you can't go wrong.

Everything is recommended; sooner than later.

...biggrin.gif
post #12470 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

With my pc12+a coming in today, should I tune them for 16hz vs 20?

Try'em all and use the setting that sounds best to your ears in your room wink.gif
post #12471 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldar View Post

I have wanted to upgrade our old Mirage 8" sub ever since we moved a few years ago. After speaking with Ed a few times on the phone, I ordered dual PB12s last night.

I can't wait to see my wife's expression the first time she hears them biggrin.gif

After the grenade scene in WWZ - I looked over at the wife....and she gave me a high 5! I think she likes them smile.gif
post #12472 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldar View Post

After the grenade scene in WWZ - I looked over at the wife....and she gave me a high 5! I think she likes them smile.gif
my wife yelled turn that down! Lol
post #12473 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post

The bedroom theater has been rearranged. In the corners are a pair of SVS SB-1000s, crossed over at 100Hz ... The corner loaded position (recommended in the manual) sounds awesome with all the demo material I've tried so far.

Now they are balanced and sound even better.

Since I have no SPL meter [Shame on me, etc.], I used the Pioneer receiver's MCACC mic and process. I started with the left sub powered on. With the mic in the primary listening position, I MCACCed and the receiver dialed it all the way down to -15 dB. Turning the sub volume knob down to 12 o'clock and MCACCing again resulted in a more acceptable -6 dB adjustment. Next I powered off the left sub and on the right one and MCACCed, resulting in a -4 dB adjustment. Turning the volume knob up a couple of notches brought it up to the same adjustment (and therefore the same loudness), confirmed with a final MCACC. Finally, I made a manual reduction on the receiver to -9 dB to approximately halve the total volume (a -3 dB change), set the speakers back to SMALL and laid back to enjoy some demo material*.

Note that the subs are different distances from the primary listening position, but variation in the listening position is sufficient to make any effort to adjust phase on the subs pointless.

I'll be doing it again when the sub go up on risers.

*[Blue Man Group, Audio DVD-A, Powaqattsi BD.]
post #12474 of 15623
@AJCxZ0, perhaps you should try making the final adjustment (two subs together) with MCCAC too. Running duals typically gives you 4-5 dB more than a single (this depends on your sub locations and your room). In any case the step may be moot if you want to run your subs a tad hot, which is perfectly ok.
post #12475 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

perhaps you should try making the final adjustment (two subs together) with MCCAC too. Running duals typically gives you 4-5 dB more than a single (this depends on your sub locations and your room).

It would be worth it even if only to see how the receiver wants to trim the now balanced subs. I'll report results if and when I do, but don't wait up as I'd have to interrupt some tasty bass.
post #12476 of 15623
Hey all. Would someone mind giving me a brief benefits/drawbacks list of the different porting options on the PB12 Plus/2? I've had this sub for about 5 years now and love the thing, but have never looked into the different tunings via plugging ports. I've always left all ports open.

I'm sure this answer exists in this thread, but > 12k posts is a lot to read through smile.gif
post #12477 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalBodyShots View Post

I'm sure this answer exists in this thread, but > 12k posts is a lot to read through smile.gif

One port open, deeper extension. Two ports open, one loses the deeper extension but gains output.

Mode comparison

At lower sound levels, all things equal, the deeper extension of the sealed comes into play and at the louder levels, ported comes into it's own.

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 12/28/13 at 9:38am
post #12478 of 15623
So I'm assuming all ports open then (how I have it) means even greater output but less extension? So there are 3 possible settings I suppose with this sub... perhaps I should try 1 port plugged to shoot for a "happy medium" between the other two?
post #12479 of 15623
The only worry of using one port is the "chuffing" issue. I would start with one port open, see if you notice during live playback and go from there.
post #12480 of 15623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Ha that's exactly how I felt after my purchase. I will get another Ultra sometime next year.

My next Ultra will have to wait until after my wedding in August. I guess it will be a late wedding present for myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.