Hi Laric, George.
I can't say more how fantastic this DIY software and hardware is. You guys deserve much credit for something which alot of ppl would turn into big bucks for their pockets; you guys have kept it in the DIY user developed world. Absolutely fantastic.
Now back to business. Developing a probe for myself.
This is runs on 1.11 software with my second probe I made.
For some reason the probe has difficulty starting once plugged in, as I was
checking for voltage on the curcuit lines and I touched the green LED it booted into life.
Either it takes a while to build up voltage supply or there is a poor cucuit some where. So far all curcuits prove to be ok for conductivity. I haven't seen any dry joints or poor contacts so far.
I am using a 16v 100uf electro, maybe this does need to be 10v type. I havent found any locally though.
Once running it has no trouble to restart if unplugged, replugged. But next day operation it has issues. Does the 16v cap hold charge that disipates, but maybe slow to charge up?
I ran runs on each sensor in order, sensor 0 then sensor 1 and then combined.
I found unless I set addivity error to atleast 30~35% it fails as each channel is around -20 to -30% addivity.
You will note a separate decoder log for each setup.
Since the default is -15% is this too high?
The sensor it contained in a case with ports like your case,it was placed central
and 10cm from an PC LCD monitor.
Monitor set to D65 and on a DVI cable.
Video Card is a nVidia 6600GT 128
Run at night time with no external light source conditions.
I had a go at calibration using the combined sensors 0 and 1 thc calibration, I made some improvements overall, with some work to go.
You will note that each run I ran the measures table where I set the scale to 50 and for 5 points starting from left I measured the screen then brought up the test color in order of black, white, Red, green, Blue in front of the sensor to see how the probe responded.
Is this probe performing aswell as other probes made?
If not, why?
If the capacitor brand and tolerance values are to high allowing to much interferance noise on the sensors, if so maybe suggest farnell references which are world wide avaliable.
Overall some progress.
I would like to add to your probe manufacturing website though.
Maybe add a brief tutorial in french/english for probe install, and how to do a calibration without a thc reference file.
With that, a brief discription on each value of probe setup.
Addivity faults or out of range may be an indicator of poor performance of the probe. Maybe have typical range values you should see on a good probe.
Of course this may be in the help file you are working on for english, which I'm sure you will complete at a wecolme pace.
aka Smokey Joe
Probe_B_Files.zip 54.029296875k . file