or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TViX M-4000U - Page 4

post #91 of 756
Ok, I've done some research for a networked media player and there are so many, all promising so much, that I'm not sure which way to go anymore.

The one question I have for this unit is : can it access my NAS folders without installing any sort of PC software that would force me to keep a PC running ? Please keep in mind my NAS doesn't offer DLNA, so this unit has to be able to access a regular shared Windows folder.
post #92 of 756
The TViXen do require (with the current firmware) that you install an NFS server, iff you need to play back HD files at >10 Mbps, but they can access and play lower bit-rate files directly from SMB NAS folders.
post #93 of 756
1) Can any of these multimedia players play bin/cue movies?
2) I'm trying to decide between the Tvix 4000p and the PixelMagic Mediabox 100HD.
Does anyone have experience or comments regarding this choice?

Thanks for any info.
post #94 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalT View Post

if the pre-orders still shipping today?

Sorry guys, the shipment did not arrive nor did the orders go out today. We know they are enroute and checking the customs clearance. Will update in a day or two.
post #95 of 756
Thanks Kei! no worries, I'm sure they will be turned around as soon as they come in...just trying to get an idea of when I can start playing with it. gotta put aside some time or I'll get assigned other projects around the house.

looking forward to my new toy!

Ral
post #96 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrance View Post

Ok, I've done some research for a networked media player and there are so many, all promising so much, that I'm not sure which way to go anymore.

The one question I have for this unit is : can it access my NAS folders without installing any sort of PC software that would force me to keep a PC running ? Please keep in mind my NAS doesn't offer DLNA, so this unit has to be able to access a regular shared Windows folder.

You can access from tvix using either NFS or Samba. If your NAS do support NFS you should be fine (I think). The tvix now have user-selectable share-names so you should be able to access all your NAS-data without a PC.
Samba should also work, but it may be slower. There is a lot of discussion in the Tvix 5000 thread here, so check it out.

I'm using a readyNas X6 and the tvix (NFS) and it works great.

M.
post #97 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Sorry guys, the shipment did not arrive nor did the orders go out today. We know they are enroute and checking the customs clearance. Will update in a day or two.

Thanks for the update Kei, Well be waiting patiently.
post #98 of 756
Not much to update as I'm not getting a response from DVICO, presuming they are now out for the holidays. I'm afraid that the shipment will not arrive until after the New Year. Sorry for any inconvenience, I'll post again as soon as I hear something.
post #99 of 756
Incoming!
New Rookie arrival!!!
Can not get DVDiso to work on my 4000. Latest firmware and tested several different dvds. both ripped and original Even hooked it up to friends computer and tried but same problem.
Playing everything from network. no internal hdd
Any Ideas?

Safe diving!!

Markus
post #100 of 756
Markus;

How did you get your hands on the 4000? How is it with hdmi at 1080p--do you get the green sparklies?

With regard to your problem; did you try to put the files into a hard drive to see if the files are the problem? That would isolate your issue to files vs. networking.
post #101 of 756
Where did you get it from Markus?
post #102 of 756
Tried with 1080p to my epson tw700 and no sparklies.
I got it from inet.se in sweden.
Havent You got it in the states yet?
I will try with an internal disc allthough I dont want to use this because of the noise of an extra hdd spinning.

I will probably be back with moore Q.

Thanx!
post #103 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus H View Post

Tried with 1080p to my epson tw700 and no sparklies.
I got it from inet.se in sweden.
Havent You got it in the states yet?
I will try with an internal disc allthough I dont want to use this because of the noise of an extra hdd spinning.

I will probably be back with moore Q.

Thanx!

I have been fiddling a little bit with my newly purchased box and I can say I'm truly amazed. It playbacks all my avi-files like a charm and iso-movies works surprisingly well.

Im a little surprised that you are afraid of noise from the HD. I installed a Seagate 320 GB IDE-disk and from what I have experienced it's very silent even compared with the built in fan.

Has anyone tried an USB DVD-player with this box? Can I operate the player with the remote? Or playing movies that is.
post #104 of 756
Tja!

I just bought an external usb drive at mediamarkt Teac 500GB 7200rpm hitachi disc,1500 sek. hard to beat!
I have it connected to my Computer in the closet and share to the tvix with netshare. I also tried it plugged in to the tvix via usb and it works great allthough I opted for having it like a network drive because I dont have to send files with ftp to it. and the noice (not much but I am sensitive about it) I Would have it out next to the tvix if I could send files with ftp to the usb disc via tvix. Is this possible?
The more I use my tvix the more I love it. Works all the time. The only film im having trouble with is Attack of the clones 1080p.ts but no worries mate!!
post #105 of 756
Markus, the player won't play copyright protected ISO files or ripped discs. So if you have ripped the disc yourself you have to use ripping software that removes the 'copyright' info.

All ISO files and copied DVDs I've tried works wonderful on my 4000P, even over 100 mbit network. USB drives DO show up when I FTP to the unit, but the FTP is very shaky and gets stuck alot if you try to transfer several files in one go.

I just love the netshare program - no need to really share windows folders like I used to with my HTPC. Hate the missing option of browsing files while playing music and the lack of 'building' playlists in the unit itself. Love that we now can stream shoutcast radio too, hate that we hate to make playlists for it to work.

Basically: for the amount of money I payed it's one hell of a machine! I'm happy!
post #106 of 756
Yo!
Now that I use netshare I have no problems with playing DVD isos. I only use what u call "backup DVDs" There is one function wich I havent found yet. I want to share several folders in netshare from any location in my network. I want to pick any folders I want and just ad them to the list in netshare and then let the program scan them and link to the right folder in the tvix (audio, Video or photo) My brothers Kiss dp600 does this and it is very nice.
Has enyone got Hamachi to work with tvix?
again it works with my brothers kiss so he can play a dvdiso from my computer over the net from his house
post #107 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Sorry guys, the shipment did not arrive nor did the orders go out today. We know they are enroute and checking the customs clearance. Will update in a day or two.

Any update on this?
Thanks!
post #108 of 756
I second DCypher's request for an update from Digital Connection shipment of M4000P... the site still says an ETA of yesterday with no update.

Thx
post #109 of 756
I didn't want to say anything until I knew for certain the units were on a jet plane. Should be shipping Monday. Like most people in the industry, I will also be in Las Vegas on that day, but will post if we encounter any problems.

Unfortunately, the logistics from the new plant has been a nightmare, I can't even tell you the frustration of knowing the shipment being ready for over two weeks, but not receiving any communications.
post #110 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

I didn't want to say anything until I knew for certain the units were on a jet plane. Should be shipping Monday. Like most people in the industry, I will also be in Las Vegas on that day, but will post if we encounter any problems.

Unfortunately, the logistics from the new plant has been a nightmare, I can't even tell you the frustration of knowing the shipment being ready for over two weeks, but not receiving any communications.

Hi Kei,

Thanks for the quick follow-up. I just ordered mine this morning, so shipping on Monday sounds great to me! Sorry to all the others that have been waiting so long!

Jeff
post #111 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikb View Post

Markus, the player won't play copyright protected ISO files or ripped discs. So if you have ripped the disc yourself you have to use ripping software that removes the 'copyright' info!

Will the program called ANYDVD do this? What if you backup a DVD using ANYDVD to the TVIX internal drive. Will it play then?

The reason I ask, is because im not sure if AnyDVD removes the protection and keeps it removed, or if the saved ISO file is still protected.
post #112 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonrawls View Post

Will the program called ANYDVD do this? What if you backup a DVD using ANYDVD to the TVIX internal drive. Will it play then?

The reason I ask, is because im not sure if AnyDVD removes the protection and keeps it removed, or if the saved ISO file is still protected.

Yes, AnyDvd does remove the copy protection from any copies files. While AnyDvd is running either just copy all of the files from the DVD to a folder or use a ripper like DVD Decrypter or Clone DVD to create an ISO file. Either way the files on your computer will no longer have DRM associated with them.
post #113 of 756
Nitemage,
that's EXACTLY the answer I was looking for. thanks.
post #114 of 756
Any updates on the shipping of the HD-Box in the Sates anyone??
post #115 of 756
We're waiting on word from Kei on the shipment due to digitalconnections.com by 1/8, but she's at CES this week.
post #116 of 756
Hi all,

I'm also thinking of getting one of these, but have one question that I don't think I've seen answered on this forum.

How does the PQ look when showing HD jegs? I have read other forums about other units, and some say that the jpegs look a little fuzzy when viewed. BTW I will be connecting this to my 50" plasma at 1080i or 720p.

Thanks,
Robert
post #117 of 756
Hi Guys,

I just got the M-4000P and so far im quite happy with it (i just tested the basic stuffs, no HD tests yet).

However, i just found out that the box doesnt support files which are wmv8 encoded or less. Sorry for my ignorance but im quite new to this. Does this mean that i have to re-encoded all my wmv's that are 8 or less to a new format (either divx or xvid)?

Thanks!

Mike
post #118 of 756
Different topic - but has anyone checked out the NEW "APPLE TV" device @ www.apple.com ??

Any comments??
post #119 of 756
Aw, geez. Start a new thread for the "new Apple TV". Don't hijack our M-4000 thread!

P.S.: There already is one. Go read that.
post #120 of 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post

We're waiting on word from Kei on the shipment due to digitalconnections.com by 1/8, but she's at CES this week.


well my cards been charged, but DC still shows it as pending...but then again...everyone is in Vegas...

Ral
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home