or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Master list of LCD/PLASMA with 1:1 pixel mapping
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Master list of LCD/PLASMA with 1:1 pixel mapping - Page 2

post #31 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

Reportedly the Samsung LNS4095D\\LNS4096D\\LNS4695D\\LNS4696D will do 1:1 over VGA.

There are rumors of a service fix for 1:1 over HDMI.

Also, would be interested in this, I just started looking at the Samsung LNS4096D after first looking at the Sharp LC-37D90U
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/Mod...8,1718,00.html

The sharp actually includes a DVI-I input (in addition to the 2 HDMIs) for connecting the computer and does 1:1. I see the Samsung has the Analog PC input which Im sure does 1:1, but I know on my 19" I can tell the difference between analog and DVI. So why would I want to use a D-sub analog or whatever its called from my video card instead of DVI-I (Actually my new video card has 2 DVI-I outputs and no analog).
post #32 of 179
Thread Starter 
Just a friendly bump!
post #33 of 179
I'm surprised the list is so small.
post #34 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

I'm surprsied the list is so small.

You shouldn't be; overscan is just one of many ways in which Hd quality is subverted to accomodate lazy/sloppy/cheapskate broadcasters.
In this case, CE manufacturers are afraid of consumers getting a bad feed, seeing garbage, and blaming it on the set. So they make overscan a default, even for HD display modes, which are not supposed to need. Once they make overscan a default, doing 1-to-1 becomes an extra cost item that only savvy consumers know to look for even though more and more sources are appeareaing (XBOX, PS3, HD-DVD, BD-ROM, video streaming boxes, etc) that benefit from 1-to-1 display.

One reason a list like this is useful; the more consumers ask for it, the more sets will have it.
post #35 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobn4burton View Post

This means that the TV will accept its native resolution from an input and NOT touch the signal in any way (no scaling, overscan, etc). So this is most beneficial to people that have their PC's hooked up to the TV.

Does pixel mapping only work with signals at the native resolution?
post #36 of 179
Toshiba HL196 and LX196 both have 1-to-1 modes for 1080 video.
post #37 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

Does pixel mapping only work with signals at the native resolution?

Did some searching and found that the Olevia will pixel map at lower resolutions than native.
post #38 of 179
Panasonic TH-65PX600U 1920x1080 plasma.
HDMI
Size2 (drill down a far as you can go in the menus.)

Color via RGB appears to be 16-235.

Picture here.
post #39 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hutchinson View Post

Panasonic TH-65PX600U 1920x1080 plasma.
HDMI
Size2 (drill down a far as you can go in the menus.)

Color via RGB appears to be 16-235.

Picture here.


Wow...that is one sweet TV. Wish I could afford that bad boy.
post #40 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

Toshiba HL196 and LX196 both have 1-to-1 modes for 1080 video.

Do you know which inputs can be used to obtain the 1:1 pixel mapping?
post #41 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

Did some searching and found that the Olevia will pixel map at lower resolutions than native.

I'm not sure this is what we are looking for here. When we are talking about 1:1 pixel mapping, then we are talking about feeding the TV the native resolution which will be displayed without the TV manipulating the signal (scaling, overscan, etc).

Explain further if I am missing what you are trying to say?
post #42 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobn4burton View Post

I'm not sure this is what we are looking for here. When we are talking about 1:1 pixel mapping, then we are talking about feeding the TV the native resolution which will be displayed without the TV manipulating the signal (scaling, overscan, etc).

Explain further if I am missing what you are trying to say?

I just ordered a Syntax which has a native resolution of 1366x768. My laptop does not have that resolution. I plan on sending a signal from the laptop that is closest to but still under the native resolution and put the tv in "1 to 1" mode. The TV will not alter the signal, but it won't be the native resolution either.
post #43 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

I just ordered a Syntax which has a native resolution of 1366x768. My laptop does not have that resolution. I plan on sending a signal from the laptop that is closest to but still under the native resolution and put the tv in "1 to 1" mode. The TV will not alter the signal, but it won't be the native resolution either.

So what your saying is that you'll actually get a perfect 1:1 pixel mapping, however there will be some black (unused) bars on the TV? I understand now.

Give me some specifics on the TV and I'll add it to the list.
post #44 of 179
Sony KDL-40V2500, HDMI, both, ??
Sony KDL-46V2500, HDMI, both, ??
Sony KDL-46V251L1, HDMI, both, ??


All these TV's also support full pixel 1:1 for 1080i over component and with the right video card and some powerstrip tweaking will do 1:1 over VGA. The Xbox 360 also will do 1:1 over VGA.

anytime you are using 1:1 over VGA a "unsupported display" message has to be cleared with the menu key but it is 1:1
post #45 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittech View Post

Sony KDL-40V2500, HDMI, both, ??
Sony KDL-46V2500, HDMI, both, ??
Sony KDL-46V251L1, HDMI, both, ??


All these TV's also support full pixel 1:1 for 1080i over component and with the right video card and some powerstrip tweaking will do 1:1 over VGA. The Xbox 360 also will do 1:1 over VGA.

anytime you are using 1:1 over VGA a "unsupported display" message has to be cleared with the menu key but it is 1:1

Thanks, list updated...
post #46 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post

The NEC models are 50XR5 over DVI, the 42XR4 over DVI, and the 61XR3 over DVI.

The XR5 and XR4 don't have DVI - they have HDMI.
post #47 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavis21484 View Post

The XR5 and XR4 don't have DVI - they have HDMI.

Thanks, fixed entries in list...
post #48 of 179
Sending a 1366x768 signal to the Panny appears to yield 1:1 via DVI with default settings. Confirmed by sending the 1pixel wide checkerboard, vertical and horizontal test patterns of the VP30. This is with the horizontal/vertical pos/size of the 9UK at 0 (default) It doesn't seem like anything needs to be done if you leave the 9UK's overscan settings at 0. Once I stray even one tick off the 0's the test patterns show that there is no longer a 1:1 map anymore. Unfortunately, if you want to use wobble it's nice to set overscan in the display so you don't see the flashing borders as the screen moves around. I tried for a brief time messing w/ the format settings in the VP30 but didn't make any progress in attaining 1:1 other than at default settings. There's a lot of settings for vertical and horizontal adjustments and basically I have no idea how they relate to adjusting the screen in matching up with the display once you start using overscan.
post #49 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobn4burton View Post

So what your saying is that you'll actually get a perfect 1:1 pixel mapping, however there will be some black (unused) bars on the TV? I understand now.

Give me some specifics on the TV and I'll add it to the list.

Olevia 337H
1:1 appears to be supported for all sources. Could only test with VGA and S-video so far. Accessed with the Aspect button and displays as "1:1".

Accepts any resolution up to 1366x768. Blacks bars on lower resolutions.
post #50 of 179
Thread Starter 
Interesting...

I'm surprised that it'll 1:1 pixel map sources like S-video by just displaying the used pixels. Cool option to have however.
post #51 of 179
panasonic 509uk using vga gives 1:1
post #52 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

You don't say it, but are you focused on 1080 sets?

Reportedly the Samsung LNS4095D\\LNS4096D\\LNS4695D\\LNS4696D will do 1:1 over VGA.

There are rumors of a service fix for 1:1 over HDMI.

This is taken from others' experiences over at the slickdeals forums

"It will do 1:1 DVI->HDMI if you set your refresh rate @ 60hz"

2 people have both said this, no one has disputed it yet, can anyone with this tv confirm this, im about to buy it and wanted to make sure.
post #53 of 179
Olevia 542i support 1:1 mapping on all sources - Tuner, Composite, S-Video, Component, VGA, and HDMI.
post #54 of 179
Panasonic 9UK using RGB mode over BNC/Component connectors works as well.
post #55 of 179
Westy 37w3 (and probably the other models) does not have a dot to dot mode!
post #56 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo-Bot View Post

Westy 37w3 (and probably the other models) does not have a dot to dot mode!

So you're saying the Westy 37w3 does NOT have 1:1 pixel mapping? I thought the Westies did...
post #57 of 179
The Mitsubishi LT-37131 and LT-37132 do 1:1 over DVI->DVI, but they drop a small number of pixels on some of the edges. The DVI input is said (by the manual) to be for PCs only, not video sources. The HDMI inputs don't appear to do 1:1.
post #58 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markarian421 View Post

The Mitsubishi LT-37131 and LT-37132 do 1:1 over DVI->DVI, but they drop a small number of pixels on some of the edges. The DVI input is said (by the manual) to be for PCs only, not video sources. The HDMI inputs don't appear to do 1:1.

What do you mean by dropping a few pixels on the edges? Does it cut off a few pixel widths and then scale? Or just keep 1:1 mapping and put a couple pixel widths of black on the edges?
post #59 of 179
It's 1:1, but under OS X using two different macs (one g4, one intel, different graphics chipsets) and the default settings, 2 rows of pixels on the left are not displayed, 6 rows on the right, and 5 on the bottom. The exception is the bottom row of visible pixels, which is a few pixels wider. I haven't used this monitor in XP a lot (on the intel mac) but when I quickly checked in XP it looked like it dropped 1 row from the top as well, although that could be a side effect of the way I displayed the test images. I have not found that this has any impact on using the computer with it, and the 6 on the right is probably the only thing I could pick out by eye without using a test pattern. I understand that on the 46" and some PCs there is also some problem of some of the missing lower rows flickering, but I haven't tested that myself so it's hearsay.
post #60 of 179
Let me clarify: the westy will not overscan native res unless you use fill mode. But it does not support 1:1 mode for non-native resolutions. All other resolutions are scaled to fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Master list of LCD/PLASMA with 1:1 pixel mapping