or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › B&W Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

B&W Owner's Thread - Page 498

post #14911 of 17872

That's about right dealers mak a good living especially with highend price speakers

post #14912 of 17872
Why is it against rules to discuss pricing?

Because of the sponsors?

B&W distribution model is a quaint remnant of the world before the Internet. I don't know if they're profitable or seeing increasing revenues. My guess is no, they have a niche, which may be profitable, but they're content to have a very limited distribution of their products.

Certainly a nice luxury product at a time when most audio content is consumed from portable devices.
post #14913 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View PostWhy is it against rules to discuss pricing?

Because of the sponsors?  B&W distribution model is a quaint remnant of the world before the Internet. I don't know if they're profitable or seeing increasing revenues. My guess is no, they have a niche, which may be profitable, but they're content to have a very limited distribution of their products.

Certainly a nice luxury product at a time when most audio content is consumed from portable devices.

I agree, many things are forbidden here including criticizing the companies that advertise on this site even if their products are sub-par!!!

 

Any way B&W is a very profitable company and they are own by one individual that is rolling in $$$$$$$$$ thanks to his loyal customers who like their products including myself :)

post #14914 of 17872
I think $12K is ok for 802D2. If someone has got them for less, please let us know. Just curious.
post #14915 of 17872
I am welcoming any tips on 802D2 placement. They will be close to 65" plasma.
They can be any distance from front wall. Right now, the rear of my old speakers are about 20" from the front wall.
The closest edge of speaker is about 6" from edge of plasma.

To toe or not to toe?

thanks
post #14916 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View PostI am welcoming any tips on 802D2 placement. They will be close to 65" plasma.
They can be any distance from front wall. Right now, the rear of my old speakers are about 20" from the front wall. The closest edge of speaker is about 6" from edge of plasma.

To toe or not to toe? thanks

Toe in for me, but you should experiment that's the best way to do it :)

post #14917 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

I agree, many things are forbidden here including criticizing the companies that advertise on this site even if their products are sub-par!!!

I'm curious as to what product(s) you are referring wse?? (As criticism seems all over the place on the forum...)

B.
post #14918 of 17872
Where can I find a list of prices (MSRP) of the entire B&W lineup?
post #14919 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View Post

I think $12K is ok for 802D2. If someone has got them for less, please let us know. Just curious.
12k?
Excellent mate... I reckon prices here will be at least 40-50% more....
post #14920 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View Post

I think $12K is ok for 802D2. If someone has got them for less, please let us know. Just curious.

WOw for that price I would grab them ASAP as that Dealer may not be a dealer too long for that price!!

I was lucky to get half of that discount and our MSRP in canada is much higher to start!
post #14921 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post

WOw for that price I would grab them ASAP as that Dealer may not be a dealer too long for that price!!

I was lucky to get half of that discount and our MSRP in canada is much higher to start!

They have been grabbed smile.gif
post #14922 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Toe in for me, but you should experiment that's the best way to do it smile.gif

I will experiment - i also just bought calibrated mic for REW so i may try do some 802D2 graphs.
I have not searched the REW thread to see if others have done 802D2 graphs.
If someone has posted them, please let me know (i know our rooms will change all of our graphs but i would still like to see some).

thanks
post #14923 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View PostThey have been grabbed smile.gif

CONGRATULATIONS :)

post #14924 of 17872
post #14925 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

CONGRATULATIONS smile.gif

Merci !
post #14926 of 17872
Has anyone heard the new CM-10's?
post #14927 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View Post

They have been grabbed smile.gif

Congrats! Welcome to the club smile.gif
post #14928 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post

Congrats! Welcome to the club smile.gif

Merci beaucoup !

ETA 6 days.
post #14929 of 17872
How do the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers sound? I have owned 600 bookshelf, 700 (CDM7se), and 800 series floor standing models and like the sound. Do the in-wall and in-ceiling sound comparable to the in-room versions of each series?

I have my 802D / HMT1D with 804 surrounds in the bedroom now which is probably overkill. Wife doesn't like a bunch of equipment in the room either. Looking to possibly move to in-walls or in-ceilings, and was thinking of either B&W or Triad.
post #14930 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View Post

Merci !

Tu es bienvenue, where are you from?
post #14931 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident View Post

How do the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers sound? I have owned 600 bookshelf, 700 (CDM7se), and 800 series floor standing models and like the sound. Do the in-wall and in-ceiling sound comparable to the in-room versions of each series? I have my 802D / HMT1D with 804 surrounds in the bedroom now which is probably overkill. Wife doesn't like a bunch of equipment in the room either. Looking to possibly move to in-walls or in-ceilings, and was thinking of either B&W or Triad.

Forget in walls, unless you get the CT 800 series but then forget the diamonds!
post #14932 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post



Tu es bienvenue, where are you from?

All over i guess, including Canada when i was much younger. I spent many weekends in Montreal - my favorite Canadian city. But the deep south is slowly but surely erasing all remnants of my francais. frown.gif
post #14933 of 17872
I just pulled the trigger on the DB1! Its now in place...now time to calibrate it....thanks everyone for their advice...now time to play and save for the 805s for the side surrounds...
post #14934 of 17872
Hi, sorry for the intrusion and for my bad english

My setup for HT is

Center : Lcr 60s3

Front :602 s3

I'm not anymore enthusiast of the center so i would change with a new one

i can't decide between cmcentre and cmcentre 2

Cmcentre 2 is really big and expensive

My question are ?

1)Is cmcentre enough to listen difference from lcr 60 or i need to upgrade directly to cm centre 2 ?

2)If i buy cmcentre 2 and in the future i would like to change also the front are cm 5 ok to be paired with the center or i need something better like cm 8 ?

thanks
post #14935 of 17872
Go for the CMC2! Much better centre of the two.
post #14936 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post

I just pulled the trigger on the DB1! Its now in place...now time to calibrate it....thanks everyone for their advice...now time to play and save for the 805s for the side surrounds...

Congrats man! Let us know what you think of it once you get it calibrated.
post #14937 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post

Go for the CMC2! Much better centre of the two.

thank you!
post #14938 of 17872
Guys.

CWM8.3 or CWM8.5 for rear surrounds. Currently have 802D2 and HTM2D2 center.

You think the 3-way would be overkill and better match to the front stage. PRice of the CWM8.3 is double that of the 2-way CWM8.5

I have to purchase without listening so need to make a decision ASAP.
post #14939 of 17872
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post

Guys.

CWM8.3 or CWM8.5 for rear surrounds. Currently have 802D2 and HTM2D2 center.

You think the 3-way would be overkill and better match to the front stage. PRice of the CWM8.3 is double that of the 2-way CWM8.5

I have to purchase without listening so need to make a decision ASAP.

Everyone will have a different opinion.

I would go for the cheaper one.

I have $6,000 surround speakers and the only thing I hear out of them is ambience sound, which would sound just as awesome with a pair of $55 b-stock accurate NHT SuperZero bookshelf speakers.

So I would go with whichever is cheaper. Unless aesthetic is a major issue, then buy whichever looks the best. biggrin.gif
post #14940 of 17872
Never thought of aesthetics being a factor for an inwall, but yes, the bigger 3-way would look more dominant taking up 1/2 the height of an 8' wall. Those woofers would look slick! But the thought that the driver complement of the CWM8.3 with the rohacell drivers, and FST midrange, to the front speakers is appealing, but necessary??

If i forego the matching Backer Boxes, which are also insanely priced $1700 MSRP, and build the encloser with plywood, you think thats a decent compromise, or better to go for the cheaper CWM8.5 with the backerboxes?

Thanks guys!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › B&W Owner's Thread