or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Any Mitsubishi HD1000U owners out there?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any Mitsubishi HD1000U owners out there? - Page 84

post #2491 of 2606
Check completed auctions at ebay, but I would guess around $400 possibly $500 its a great projector I love mine probably 4000 hrs on the original bulb. but it is a 4 yr old projector.
post #2492 of 2606
Thanks for the responses!!

Got a few pm's about what i could get for it, so i'll go try an sell it. I dont want to ask for a arm and a leg, but dont want to give it away either. Thanks again guys!


jason
post #2493 of 2606
I've pulled the trigger on a Mits HC3800, but my HD1000 has been a very good projector (and still is).
I just watched Avatar Blu-Ray on my HD1000 and it was spectacular.
This PJ's bulb life seems to be amazing, the PQ is still outstanding after years of almost daily use.
I will see a difference I'm sure with the 3800 - but this HD1000 still has life in it.
post #2494 of 2606
Rabastedo please post pics of the 3800 maybe even a before on your HD100 and after 3800.
post #2495 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonFB View Post

Thanks for the responses!!

Got a few pm's about what i could get for it, so i'll go try an sell it. I dont want to ask for a arm and a leg, but dont want to give it away either. Thanks again guys!


jason

Also I wanted to mention (not to hijack things, sorry) that I'm thinking of doing similar and upgrading to a newer model, though my HD1000 still looks fantastic. I have an HD1000 I'd be looking to sell rather than replace the lamp down the line. I'm in the Northern VA/Washington DC area so if anyone is interested, PM me.
post #2496 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Rabastedo please post pics of the 3800 maybe even a before on your HD100 and after 3800.

I'll see what I can do.
Maybe I'll show Avatar on it again tonight and take a couple shots then find the same scenes after I install the 3800 and take shots of the same scenes.
post #2497 of 2606
Just an update after another 5 months with my HD1000u. My HD1000u is now approaching 8,500 hours on a single bulb... I posted up back in December or so that it was at 7500. It's still going strong!

Picture quality is still excellent. Color wheel is getting noisier, but its still tolerable.

This projector is on whenever I'm home and is used as the primary television display in the house.

Its definitely been the best projector I've had so far.
post #2498 of 2606
That's awesome! My factory bulb is going on ~3500 hours. I installed a new bulb in November, it busted in late December. I got a replacement bulb in early January, and last night the it ate it again... Back in the factory bulb went. I'm convinced the aftermarket bulbs are crap compared to factory!

Anyone have an OEM bulb they would like to part with?
post #2499 of 2606
My HD1000 was truly fantastic. I did some pics of the Avatar BR movie with it and then with the HC3800. It's amazing how good the HD1000 is, I am not sorry I bought the 3800 but gee I expected a little more amazement, just shows how good the HD1000 is.
It still has the factory bulb in it, I've got it all cleaned and put in the original box and am ready to put it up on Ebay.
If anyone here wants a shot at it (before I list it) go ahead and send me a PM.
post #2500 of 2606
I'm still using my 1000 and love it, but it's definitely gotten quite a lot noisier over time. I dug up my old Infocus X1 and set it up for the kids to play Wii on. I distinctly remember the 1000 being a big noise improvement over the X1. Now the X1 is noticably quieter than the 1000.
post #2501 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLidlessEye View Post

I'm still using my 1000 and love it, but it's definitely gotten quite a lot noisier over time. I dug up my old Infocus X1 and set it up for the kids to play Wii on. I distinctly remember the 1000 being a big noise improvement over the X1. Now the X1 is noticably quieter than the 1000.

There's a good possibility it's the color wheel. You can order a new one from Mitsu and the job of replacing it isn't too bad. I found a used HD1000U for my brother-in-law and we replaced the noisy wheel and it's like new now!
post #2502 of 2606
What's the used market like for these projectors? I'm considering selling mine with the brand new factory bulb in it, but I'm also thinking about keeping it for an upstairs game room. Just wondering what kind of cash I may get for it.
post #2503 of 2606
Quote:


What's the used market like for these projectors?

Yes, something I'd also like to know. If there isn't any then I might as well keep it for the occasional outdoor movie night.
post #2504 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk View Post

There's a good possibility it's the color wheel. You can order a new one from Mitsu and the job of replacing it isn't too bad. I found a used HD1000U for my brother-in-law and we replaced the noisy wheel and it's like new now!

How much did that color wheel run ya? I've been debating whether to try and replace mine or just sell the unit.
post #2505 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaugans View Post

How much did that color wheel run ya? I've been debating whether to try and replace mine or just sell the unit.

I think it was ~$200
post #2506 of 2606
I've had an HD1000 for over a year, and it's been awesome, I can never go back to a small picture now.

The bulb has close to 8000 hours on it I believe.

I tried to fire it up this morning, and it always whines for a few seconds, pauses, then fires up. It is only whining for the first time now, and no picture. Then it just shuts down. Is it fried? Is it the color wheel? The bulb/lamp? I do have a spare, and I've tried to simply reset the hours to no avail. But I have not switched lamps yet.

I appreciate any help you guys can give a brother. I don't want to hear the dreaded "I told you you should have bought an LCD dumbass" speech from my better half.
post #2507 of 2606
Tell me where to get a color wheel for 200 and I will get one.
post #2508 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrutch View Post

I've had an HD1000 for over a year, and it's been awesome, I can never go back to a small picture now.

The bulb has close to 8000 hours on it I believe.

I tried to fire it up this morning, and it always whines for a few seconds, pauses, then fires up. It is only whining for the first time now, and no picture. Then it just shuts down. Is it fried? Is it the color wheel? The bulb/lamp? I do have a spare, and I've tried to simply reset the hours to no avail. But I have not switched lamps yet.

Does the power LED blink after trying to power it on? I'm pretty sure your bulb finally went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbartimaeus View Post

Tell me where to get a color wheel for 200 and I will get one.

I believe he ordered it directly from Mitsubishi. (They even warranty the part itself then)
post #2509 of 2606
Hey, thanks for the reply. ^^


I ended up unplugging the machine and trying it again. It fired right up like a champ. Should I probably change the lamp anyway?

Thanks again.
post #2510 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrutch View Post

Hey, thanks for the reply. ^^


I ended up unplugging the machine and trying it again. It fired right up like a champ. Should I probably change the lamp anyway?

Thanks again.

Well so far you have gotten 400% of the rated bulb life... so obviously you are a very lucky fellow.... why quit now?
post #2511 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoStevo View Post

Well so far you have gotten 400% of the rated bulb life... so obviously you are a very lucky fellow.... why quit now?

Lol ok. Hopefully it doesn't explode inside the pj.....
post #2512 of 2606
Quote:


Lol ok. Hopefully it doesn't explode inside the pj.....

That is actually a possibility, and if it happens the damage could be extensive.
(and expensive)

If you already have a new bulb why not replace and hold your original as a spare?
post #2513 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbastedo View Post

That is actually a possibility, and if it happens the damage could be extensive.
(and expensive)

If you already have a new bulb why not replace and hold your original as a spare?

I'd imagine at this point it's way more likely that his present bulb will simply just dim and die. I'd guess that a new bulb is way more likely to explode in a PJ, than one that's demonstrated how stable it is over 8000 hrs.

The brightness improvement from changing out the lamp will more than make up for the risk though...

BTW, I also have a lamp with around this many hours on it (it's my backup) and another with over 5000. Amazing how long those OEM lamps last in the HD1000s. Sad that the color wheels don't last half as long as the lamps do
post #2514 of 2606
I heard the part was 275 bucks...200 I will do it.
post #2515 of 2606
I like this projector but how can anyone stand the whine from the color wheel, and why spend another 200 bucks + multiple hours to fix it when you can just get a new one and sell the old one. Also mine has started displaying flashing white dots, probably about 15 of them around the screen. Is the color wheel going bad?
post #2516 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladyr1 View Post

I like this projector but how can anyone stand the whine from the color wheel, and why spend another 200 bucks + multiple hours to fix it when you can just get a new one and sell the old one. Also mine has started displaying flashing white dots, probably about 15 of them around the screen. Is the color wheel going bad?

1) The color wheel may be less than $200 now. The price is all hearsay until someone calls Mitsubishi.
2) It does not take "multiple hours to fix". I'd say anyone comfortable with adding peripherals to a PC could handle replacing the color wheel in under an hour.
3) I'm not sure what could cause flashing white dots... I would think the DLP unit more than the color wheel for that.
post #2517 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk View Post

3) I'm not sure what could cause flashing white dots... I would think the DLP unit more than the color wheel for that.

+1. Flashing dots sounds like a failing DMD chip...
post #2518 of 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost View Post

+1. Flashing dots sounds like a failing DMD chip...


Yea everything I found online pointed to dmd chip. I dunno, with 1080p projectors being so cheap I can't imagine spending another 400 on a bulb and 200 on the color wheel to keep this projector. The fact that my DMD chip is probably failing is just the final nail in the coffin.
post #2519 of 2606
Sounds like it's time to updgrade...
post #2520 of 2606
do most of you just reset the time and continue to use the bulbs? My Mitz 1000u is telling me the bulb life is coming to an end...but it still looks good to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Any Mitsubishi HD1000U owners out there?