or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The Master List of DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-ray Movies with BASS Thread...With WaterFalls
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Master List of DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-ray Movies with BASS Thread...With WaterFalls - Page 5

post #121 of 5740
Tivoed and watched V for Vendetta last night. Seems to have some good LFE in several scenes.
post #122 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryld View Post

Tivoed and watched V for Vendetta last night. Seems to have some good LFE in several scenes.

cool, thanks
post #123 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

I dont' like the notion of peoples threads "disappearing". Its bad enough that whole threads go "missing" in the sub forums.

how do you have a DVD of a movie thats not even out in theaters yet? .....oh which Rambo movie you talking about?

First Blood..sorry my wife gets PO'd when I leave out info....seems I do it online as well. I'm talking about the part where he blows up the gas station/subsequent ongoing explosions heard even from the police station near the end of the film.

Finally watched POTC:AWE and SM 3..two sick LFE movies!The theatre I was drug to stinks @ bass though! long wait for those 2 dvds though.
post #124 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

First Blood..sorry my wife gets PO'd when I leave out info....seems I do it online as well. I'm talking about the part where he blows up the gas station/subsequent ongoing explosions heard even from the police station near the end of the film.

Finally watched POTC:AWE and SM 3..two sick LFE movies!The theatre I was drug to stinks @ bass though! long wait for those 2 dvds though.

ohh, yah I doubt theres any serious lfe in "first blood", ....now serious acting there was lots of that
post #125 of 5740
kinda figured the 2 channel bass wouldn't translate into the LFE channel...oh well.
post #126 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

kinda figured the 2 channel bass wouldn't translate into the LFE channel...oh well.

but theres always hope?
post #127 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

Chapters and Timestamps



"Seraphim Falls" ***NEW***
1. Chap 1 (0:02:42) 10-20Hz
2. Chap 12 (0:38:43) Strong 10Hz
3. Chap 12 (0:42:45) Strong 34Hz
4. Chap 18 (0:58:00) 20Hz
5. Chap 20 (1:05:44) 20Hz
6. Chap 22 (1:14:11) Strong 32Hz
7. Chap 24 (1:16:35) Strong 24Hz
8. Chap 26 (1:31:53) 18-40Hz





©DrPainMD

nothing from ch.2 (trip down the river,10-50Hz)??

Sorry just now watching it.
post #128 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

nothing from ch.2 (trip down the river,10-50Hz)??

Sorry just now watching it.

what are you saying?
post #129 of 5740
Just wondering how chapter 2 looked in Seraphim Falls (where Pierce's character nearly drowns in the river,first part of the chapter)...Not sure if anyone has it.

Good flick. Too bad it bombed BOwise.
post #130 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Just wondering how chapter 2 looked in Seraphim Falls (where Pierce's character nearly drowns in the river,first part of the chapter)...Not sure if anyone has it.

Good flick. Too bad it bombed BOwise.

no idea, never saw it, kweezr gave the info
post #131 of 5740
I seriously need a laptop!
post #132 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

I seriously need a laptop!

does'nt the waterfall program read directly from the dvd? so no need for a spl meter/laptop
post #133 of 5740
Apocolypto. Waterfall scene.

Ian
post #134 of 5740
Yeah, there was a lot of nice bass in Apocalypto. I just watched it last night.


EDIT - fixed spelling - there's an "a" in there.
post #135 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbri View Post

Yeah, there was a lot of nice bass in Apocolypto. I just watched it last night.


Thanks for the correction Brian.


Ian
post #136 of 5740
Thread Starter 
thanks for the conformation guys on Apocolypto
post #137 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

does'nt the waterfall program read directly from the dvd? so no need for a spl meter/laptop

Yes but I'd rather have a laptop to run LFE instead of the oversaturated 2 channel bass.My comp is a good 25 ft from my receiver...no fly!
post #138 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Yes but I'd rather have a laptop to run LFE instead of the oversaturated 2 channel bass.My comp is a good 25 ft from my receiver...no fly!

do you have a subwoofer?
post #139 of 5740
currently,Nope...long story. hopefully I'll be back on the HT market by summer's end...hasn't been a good financial year since I joined the forum.My JVC 7500 towers are `filling in'. If you wanna call only going down to 40Hz filling in.
post #140 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

currently,Nope...long story. hopefully I'll be back on the HT market by summer's end...hasn't been a good financial year since I joined the forum.My JVC 7500 towers are `filling in'. If you wanna call only going down to 40Hz filling in.

oy yah your the one with mains "kinda like me" jvc "crap"... not calling yours crap, but mine are



one a side note, watching "Walking the Line" Johnny Cash story lotsa bass, and a good story

PS, is SKILLET the "new" thing , like Evanescence ???
post #141 of 5740
Letters From Iwo Jima: Some great bass during the battle scenes.
post #142 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

oy yah your the one with mains "kinda like me" jvc "crap"... not calling yours crap, but mine are



one a side note, watching "Walking the Line" Johnny Cash story lotsa bass, and a good story

PS, is SKILLET the "new" thing , like Evanescence ???

don't yours have dented midranges? mine sound good....not sure if I've ever heard great since I like slightly bright speakers.

WTL had a ton of bass (guitar). Just right for my mains.

Skillet has been around since `96..just not commercially successful AOY.
post #143 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

don't yours have dented midranges? mine sound good....not sure if I've ever heard great since I like slightly bright speakers.

WTL had a ton of bass (guitar). Just right for my mains.

Skillet has been around since `96..just not commercially successful AOY.

just one has a dented midrange

my cheap RCA 200w htib has better clarity than my jvc's

getting Paradigm 9 for fronts and a cc-390 and atoms or minis for rears sooner or later,

half way to go on paying for the center so far, couple more months should have it
post #144 of 5740
sounds like me...mine are dependent on extra cash from my wife's real estate work or home interiors.

I found another pair of the 7500's on Amazon but they are now gone...who knows where else they are. I'd rather save a grand-grand and a half by having 3 JVCs up front and invest ing elsewhere.
post #145 of 5740
Add Frequency:

ch 6 (bones)

ch. 8 warehouse fire(throughout)

ch.20(dual time fight)
post #146 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Add Frequency:

ch 5/6 switch over "say,`Amazin' Mets!'"(3 hits back to back in low teens as ch. switches-20)

ch. 8 warehouse fire(throughout)

ch.20

cool, u need more structure
post #147 of 5740
I use Cyberlink to watch movies on my comp..no timestamp. I guess I need to use Nero for that (clunky on my Dell)
post #148 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

I use Cyberlink to watch movies on my comp..no timestamp. I guess I need to use Nero for that (clunky on my Dell)

why do you run your movies on your pc?
post #149 of 5740
MY receiver is too far away for me to run the LFE to the comp. I can only use SpecLab if it's from a DVD I'm watching on my comp.

FREQUENCY:

ch. 1
0:16sunburst
20Hzs


ch.5(/6)
23:31
"Say `AMazing Mets'"!
18 Hz

ch.8
warehouse fire
36:38, spread all over ch. 8

ch.20:
1:47:27.
1:48:15,23
1:49:07
1:49:29
etc.


hope it translates....

that better,DR?
post #150 of 5740
OK...I have to post this. Last night I watched Event Horizen. If you like bass and havent seen this yet you HAVE TO watch it. The bass is present durring most of the movie as an effect of the ship. Its crazy. Trust me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The Master List of DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-ray Movies with BASS Thread...With WaterFalls