or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The Master List of DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-ray Movies with BASS Thread...With WaterFalls
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Master List of DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-ray Movies with BASS Thread...With WaterFalls - Page 3

post #61 of 5740
Thread Starter 
May 2, 2007

Added:

"Code Name: The Cleaner"
1. Chap 1 (0:00:34)
2. Chap 1 (0:03:44)
3. Chap 1 (0:05:42)
4. Chap 2 (0:06:28)
5. Chap 2 (0:09:04)
6. Chap 6 (0:28:44)
post #62 of 5740
I'll be watching Code Name: The Cleaner this weekend. How low should I turn the sub level down to avoid blowing the driver?


Ian
post #63 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

I'll be watching Code Name: The Cleaner this weekend. How low should I turn the sub level down to avoid blowing the driver?


Ian

no idea
post #64 of 5740
Thread Starter 
May 4 2007

Added Timestamps for:

"Constantine"
1. Cigarette drop, Chap 2 (0:03:33)
2. Bible drop, Chap 7 (0:23:23)
3. Going to Hell, Chap 13 (0:44:00)
4. Bathtub, Chap 19 (1:08:07)
post #65 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Can anyone confirm Bass in these movies, before they get added.

Quote:


Ticker
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Mercenary for Justice
Predator 2
Chain Reaction
Crash Landing
Skeleton Man
The Fugitive
U.S. Marshals
The Detonator
The Marksman
Unstoppable
Active Stealth
Patriot Games
Solar Attack
Descent
Extreme Limits
Venomous
Equilibrium
Behind Enemy Lines 2
The Punisher
D.E.B.S
The Deal
Spartan
Alien Hunter
Derailed
post #66 of 5740
don't know if it's on here yet but, apocalypto has some really nice sub action going on in it. especially the waterfall scene. great movie too. just watched the pre release last night. official release for dvd is may 22nd.
post #67 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post

don't know if it's on here yet but, apocalypto has some really nice sub action going on in it. especially the waterfall scene. great movie too. just watched the pre release last night. official release for dvd is may 22nd.

Well hence the title of the thread...Master List of DVD's with BASS....it's not on the list yet

Thanks for the heads up
post #68 of 5740
cool. just was too lazy to read back on the updated list .
post #69 of 5740
I just rented "Night at the Museum" DVD (not the Blu Ray version) and the footfalls of the T-Rex had my twin SVS Ultras shaking the furniture, floor, just about the entire house. Most bass I've heard yet from my new system. Sorry I can't provide the time stamps as it was a rental. Demo quality!
post #70 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post

cool. just was too lazy to read back on the updated list .

lazy eh, next time don't be so lazy ... Hows the list supposed to grow and blossom into the best thing since sliced bread.

When I watched the preview on xbox360 it sounded pretty good.
post #71 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimanfz1 View Post

I just rented "Night at the Museum" DVD (not the Blu Ray version) and the footfalls of the T-Rex had my twin SVS Ultras shaking the furniture, floor, just about the entire house. Most bass I've heard yet from my new system. Sorry I can't provide the time stamps as it was a rental. Demo quality!

do you still have it?
post #72 of 5740
No, sorry.
post #73 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimanfz1 View Post

No, sorry.

no problem, next time
post #74 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

lazy eh, next time don't be so lazy ... Hows the list supposed to grow and blossom into the best thing since sliced bread.

When I watched the preview on xbox360 it sounded pretty good.

whoops forgot that you are a fellow 22-31 pci owner. we must stick together !

yes it is a great movie and i do consider myself the "movie snob".

from now on i will keep you updated either here or PM (to not hog up your thread). be warned i watch a ton of movies and i get quite a few pre release dvds (the ONE advantage to living 10 minutes from hollywood and having a few connections). i'm not a huge fan of the typical blockbuster type movie though, so some of them may be a bit off the beaten path- which is a good thing when looking for GOOD movies.

FYI for some of the BEST DTS horror, action, and thriller type films right now look at some of the korean made releases. the korean revenge trilogy (oldboy, etc) is a great example. japan too check out "vital". all of these and more can be found at netflix.

the japanese and koreans make some great flicks and seem to include a DTS track on almost every disc.
post #75 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

I'll be watching Code Name: The Cleaner this weekend. How low should I turn the sub level down to avoid blowing the driver?


Ian

Ian,

I watched the intro scene yesterday and had no issues at a good level -18 on my AVR. I have an dual 15" IB sub setup and I did feel the low hit it made.
post #76 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

April 18, 2007

Added:

"Smokin' Aces" ***NEW***
1. Chap ? (1:11:52 - 1:12:06)

"A Far of Place" ***NEW***








thanks ccarzoo

Smokin' Aces
ch11-1:01:34 strong 20-25Hz
ch14-1:15:42 20Hz
ch14-1:16:35 20Hz
ch15-1:20:20 25Hz
post #77 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post

whoops forgot that you are a fellow 22-31 pci owner. we must stick together !

yes it is a great movie and i do consider myself the "movie snob".

from now on i will keep you updated either here or PM (to not hog up your thread). be warned i watch a ton of movies and i get quite a few pre release dvds (the ONE advantage to living 10 minutes from hollywood and having a few connections). i'm not a huge fan of the typical blockbuster type movie though, so some of them may be a bit off the beaten path- which is a good thing when looking for GOOD movies.

FYI for some of the BEST DTS horror, action, and thriller type films right now look at some of the korean made releases. the korean revenge trilogy (oldboy, etc) is a great example. japan too check out "vital". all of these and more can be found at netflix.

the japanese and koreans make some great flicks and seem to include a DTS track on almost every disc.

post your findings here, its ok,

I love those Korean and Japanese horror films

I don't rent many movies, blew my budget on the sub , so I'm stuck watching them on my Movie Network, better late than never eh
post #78 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweezr View Post

Smokin' Aces
ch11-1:01:34 strong 20-25Hz
ch14-1:15:42 20Hz
ch14-1:16:35 20Hz
ch15-1:20:20 25Hz

thank you very much kweezr
post #79 of 5740
Thread Starter 
May 6, 2007

Added more timestamps and HZ for:


"Smokin' Aces"
1. Chap 11 (1:01:34) 20-25Hz
2. Chap 13 (1:11:52 - 1:12:06)
3. Chap 14 (1:15:42) 20Hz
4. Chap 14 (1:16:35) 20Hz
5. Chap 15 (1:20:20) 25Hz
post #80 of 5740
Thread Starter 
May 6, 2007

Added:

Apocalypto
Last King of Scotland
A Sound of Thunder
post #81 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Over 10,000 views of this thread! Thanks to all!
post #82 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

do you still have it?

i have the blu ray version but i rented some movies so depending if the girl wants to watch it tomorrow ill come up with some time stamps

but imo its not heavy heavy bass like smoking aces though
post #83 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster View Post

i have the blu ray version but i rented some movies so depending if the girl wants to watch it tomorrow ill come up with some time stamps

but imo its not heavy heavy bass like smoking aces though

Cool, looking forward to it
post #84 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by swithey View Post

Ian,

I watched the intro scene yesterday and had no issues at a good level -18 on my AVR. I have an dual 15" IB sub setup and I did feel the low hit it made.

I watched it on Friday and it vibrated the walls but I had no problem overdriving the sub.


I just watched The Hitcher and there is some good scary bass through out the film.

Ian
post #85 of 5740
night at the museum blu ray version playing dts 1.5mb

chapter 5
22 minutes
chapter 6
27 minutes
chapter21
1hour 31 minutes


imo it doesnt have huge bass but those are some places where their is the most bass throughout the movie.
post #86 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster View Post

night at the museum blu ray version playing dts 1.5mb

chapter 5
22 minutes
chapter 6
27 minutes
chapter21
1hour 31 minutes


imo it doesnt have huge bass but those are some places where their is the most bass throughout the movie.

Thanks for your input, do you know if the non-blu ray version(HD) has DTS?
post #87 of 5740
Thread Starter 
May 8, 2007

Added:

John Carpenter's Vampires (1998) DTS Superbit
The Hitcher
Night at the Museum DTS
post #88 of 5740
Thread Starter 
May 8, 2007

Added Timestamps for:


"Night at the Museum" DTS
1. Chap 5 (0:22:00)
2. Chap 6 (0:27:00)
3. Chap 21 (1:31:00)
post #89 of 5740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPainMD View Post

Thanks for your input, do you know if the non-blu ray version(HD) has DTS?

Yes it does. But the bass didn't impress me.

Ian
post #90 of 5740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

Yes it does. But the bass didn't impress me.

Ian

but it has bass right?
Just watched "Children of Men", that did'nt impress me. Story wise also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The Master List of DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-ray Movies with BASS Thread...With WaterFalls