or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Seaton Sound SubMersive1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 282

post #8431 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by west87 View Post

here you go carp

sub only with audyssey no smoothing





sub only no audyssey no smoothing




i did both today since its a new day

anyone have tips on how to fix the dip at 80?


Just caught up, been swamped with school starting.

The reason I was curious to see more graphs is I'm just blown away that you can get this kind of response with one sub in a room that is almost a square. Also, I was curious how much low end (below 20hz) you are getting compared to me and you are absolutely crushing me.

I'm glad to see that Craig and others are helping you figure out your 80hz dip, but man be thankful (I'm sure you are, I'm just jealous since I have to boost the low end so much in my room) for what you have to start with!! Everything from here on will be icing on the cake. How does it sound? I'm betting it sounds fantastic. smile.gif
post #8432 of 9374
Hello! I'm new to this community. I just bought a SubMersive HP that is on its way. I am wondering if anyone in the North Bay California could provide tuning services for my HT? Im located in Napa 94558. Or possibly point me in the right direction? Perhapse a different forum? Im willing to pay for the service.

Gear I have:

55" Plasma
Pioneer Elite SC-27
Emotiva XPA-2
Onix Rocket RS1000's
Onix Rocket RS850's
Onix Rocket RSC-200 Bigfoot
SubMersive HP (WOO HOO!!!)
I'm also in the market for the DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033

I have zero test equipment and very basic HT knowledge. I have a good history in Car Audio but that is virtually useless in my HT needs. I know I now have a pretty decent setup that could sound great, but I could use an afternoon of help to dial it all in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John
post #8433 of 9374
The Antimode is a great piece, but if you're looking to calibrate the system professionally you'll need to buy different gear. You could contact Mark Seaton and ask him directly who to use. Chad B is also a great calibrator who travels. He might go to Cali. UMR is another. You could PM him.

John
post #8434 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mother View Post

The Antimode is a great piece, but if you're looking to calibrate the system professionally you'll need to buy different gear. You could contact Mark Seaton and ask him directly who to use. Chad B is also a great calibrator who travels. He might go to Cali. UMR is another. You could PM him.

John

At this point I'm just hoping for general adjustment and tweaking of the system. This is why I'm hoping to find someone relatively local who would be willing to swing by for a couple of hours. I'm not yet prepared to fly someone over.

Ill keep those names in mind. Thanks! In the meantime the search continues! There must be some pro's in the San Francisco Bay Area that could assist.
post #8435 of 9374
I currently have a pair of SVS PB-13 Ultras in my dedicated home theater. They are located in the front two corners of the room. Audyssey XT32 dials them in nicely with my mains and all sounds great. Thinking of an upgrade and wondering what option would be better:

1. Replace the dual PB-13's with dual Submersive HP's in the same location

2. Replace the dual PB-13's with four SVS SB-13's in the four corners of the room

Thoughts?
post #8436 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

I currently have a pair of SVS PB-13 Ultras in my dedicated home theater. They are located in the front two corners of the room. Audyssey XT32 dials them in nicely with my mains and all sounds great. Thinking of an upgrade and wondering what option would be better:

1. Replace the dual PB-13's with dual Submersive HP's in the same location

2. Replace the dual PB-13's with four SVS SB-13's in the four corners of the room

Thoughts?

Why not just add another two PB-13's?
post #8437 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Why not just add another two PB-13's?

No room in the back corners. That's why it would need to be the SB-13's.

However, dual Submersives up front is an option.
post #8438 of 9374
Just stack two in each corner.
post #8439 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Just stack two in each corner.

Or 3 or 4 ......
post #8440 of 9374
So last night and today I got my Submersive Cherry Popped! It was pretty cool! One set up had quad submersives, And the other had duals which also utilized two SVS subs for smoothing out the response even more. I got to meet Mark and chat with him for a few. And hearing JTR speakers as well as some Legacy focus SE speakers was cool! It was a great weekend in experiencing higher end audio equipment and I believe I am pretty much set on getting a master/slave pair. Eventually I could see myself owning two sets of master/slave pairs.

It was a great privilege and I am thankful for fellow AVS people who open up their homes
post #8441 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

So last night and today I got my Submersive Cherry Popped! It was pretty cool! One set up had quad submersives, And the other had duals which also utilized two SVS subs for smoothing out the response even more. I got to meet Mark and chat with him for a few. And hearing JTR speakers as well as some Legacy focus SE speakers was cool! It was a great weekend in experiencing higher end audio equipment and I believe I am pretty much set on getting a master/slave pair. Eventually I could see myself owning two sets of master/slave pairs.

It was a great privilege and I am thankful for fellow AVS people who open up their homes

Was this the Kris Deering get together? If so, it would be great to hear more by others that attended!
post #8442 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

Was this the Kris Deering get together? If so, it would be great to hear more by others that attended!

Yes it was Kris's meet Saturday. Friday eve I was at bsoko2's place hearing his setup. It was a great really fun day at Kris's smile.gif
post #8443 of 9374
I am offically addicted, got my first submersive hp end of June & now less than 2 months later I just completed an upgrade to the hp+ & slave in espresso. My wife is not very happy with me, but I am hoping she forgives me once it is all setup and she gets to listen to it. Also, bought a miniDSP OMIK-1 so I could start down the REW rabbit hole. I wanted to be able to measure all the possible sub placements to determine best. Currently have the single hp in back right corner next to sofa and with audyssey xt32 & the pro kit I have really nice lfe in the room. Probably will start with both upfront with one in corner and the slave in the middle of the front wall.
post #8444 of 9374
@HTPCat: Congrats on your purchase...I hope to someday join you as a Submersive owner. Once you get your mic and REW running, you'll be able to narrow down the placement of each sub considerably, but in the meantime, and if your room accommodates it, a good starting point for your HP+ and slave might be the 1/4 and 3/4 points along your front wall. This is based solely off predicted standing room waves and depending on your room layout may or may not be optimal. Once you take your first measurments or if you need any help getting started, head over to the REW and USB mic thread and we can discuss in more detail.
post #8445 of 9374
^ I will definitely try this first, thanks for the suggestion. I have been over at the REW/USB Thread lately reading from the beginning .... ug going to take some time eek.gif.
post #8446 of 9374
wondering if the orginal 1kW ICE power amp could be fitted into F2 case? do not see this option on Mark's web site.

For our overseas users, the only F2 form option is F2i+(or with slave), which is over kill for most case.mad.gif
post #8447 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveerji View Post

wondering if the orginal 1kW ICE power amp could be fitted into F2 case? do not see this option on Mark's web site.

For our overseas users, the only F2 form option is F2i+(or with slave), which is over kill for most case.mad.gif

I suspect that it can be done. Most, like myself want more power.
Edit; Post #74 & the posts below it sorta addresses that: http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1279195907&postcount=74


Edited by calentz - 8/25/13 at 12:49am
post #8448 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post

I suspect that it can be done. Most, like myself want more power.

Edit; Post #74 & the posts below it sorta addresses that: http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1279195907&postcount=74

Carl, thanks for the link. The F2i+ is 6000w with a premium price. We don't have a choice of 2400w(only 120v version).
post #8449 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post

I am offically addicted, got my first submersive hp end of June & now less than 2 months later I just completed an upgrade to the hp+ & slave in espresso. My wife is not very happy with me, but I am hoping she forgives me once it is all setup and she gets to listen to it. Also, bought a miniDSP OMIK-1 so I could start down the REW rabbit hole. I wanted to be able to measure all the possible sub placements to determine best. Currently have the single hp in back right corner next to sofa and with audyssey xt32 & the pro kit I have really nice lfe in the room. Probably will start with both upfront with one in corner and the slave in the middle of the front wall.
Congrats. Looking forward to hearing some detailed thoughts once you find the right place for it. I think the ability to do upgrade to a master/slave setup is really cool. I myself just have the regular HP and it works fine for me. About one third up one of my long walls and it sounds really good. Have fun finding a good place for it. That is part of the enjoyment of these things.
post #8450 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveerji View Post

wondering if the orginal 1kW ICE power amp could be fitted into F2 case? do not see this option on Mark's web site.

For our overseas users, the only F2 form option is F2i+(or with slave), which is over kill for most case.mad.gif
Yes, the original International F2's used the 1kw amp. kbarnes has a pair of them. There's a difference between the US 120v and International 240v amps IIRC.


Max
post #8451 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveerji View Post


Carl, thanks for the link. The F2i+ is 6000w with a premium price. We don't have a choice of 2400w(only 120v version).

The link provided (If you follow it though the subsequent postings) discusses using the 1K amps.

post #8452 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Yes, the original International F2's used the 1kw amp. kbarnes has a pair of them. There's a difference between the US 120v and International 240v amps IIRC.


Max

thanks Max, for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post

The link provided (If you follow it though the subsequent postings) discusses using the 1K amps.

thanks, Carl.
post #8453 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveerji View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Yes, the original International F2's used the 1kw amp. kbarnes has a pair of them. There's a difference between the US 120v and International 240v amps IIRC.


Max

 

I do indeed and very delighted I am with them too!  I bought the 'preowned' 1,000 watt F2s. IDK if there is any difference between the 120v and 240v amps though, other than the different power supply voltage.

post #8454 of 9374
Hi guys,

Thanks for helping answer the questions as I missed this given how busy we have been the past few weeks with all the interest in the HP+/F2+ and HPi+/F2i+ options. For specific questions e-mail is the best means to get simple/direct questions answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveerji View Post

wondering if the orginal 1kW ICE power amp could be fitted into F2 case? do not see this option on Mark's web site.

For our overseas users, the only F2 form option is F2i+(or with slave), which is over kill for most case.mad.gif

Hi iloveerji,

At the introductory pricing, the F2i+ is only $100 more than the F2i would be. Beyond this cost difference, there is no advantage to using a non-plus model. For those looking for very high value we will continue to sell the 1000W pre-owned amplifiers for $900 less than the respective new HPi+/F2i+ models. With the introduction of the high power and slave options we expect to have many pre-owned amplifiers available for the next few months with so many upgrading.

If someone really wants a new 1000W version, it could be special ordered, but we will not be stocking these as the cost to upgrade to the "i+" models is similar to the overseas shipping charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveerji View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post

I suspect that it can be done. Most, like myself want more power.

Edit; Post #74 & the posts below it sorta addresses that: http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1279195907&postcount=74

Carl, thanks for the link. The F2i+ is 6000w with a premium price. We don't have a choice of 2400w(only 120v version).

To clarify some of the questions, the dual opposed HP and front firing F2 style SubMersives all use the same drivers and identical amplifiers. Any SubMersive amplifier or slave input plate can be installed in any style or finish SubMersive, and they all use the same polarized, multi-pin connector to insure easy connection and no chance of incorrect wiring when doing a swap. Any of the pre-owned 1000W amplifiers can be loaded in an F2 form factor just as they can the original (now usually referred to as HP).
post #8455 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post


.....

If someone really wants a new 1000W version, it could be special ordered, but we will not be stocking these as the cost to upgrade to the "i+" models is similar to the overseas shipping charges.
To clarify some of the questions, the dual opposed HP and front firing F2 style SubMersives all use the same drivers and identical amplifiers. Any SubMersive amplifier or slave input plate can be installed in any style or finish SubMersive, and they all use the same polarized, multi-pin connector to insure easy connection and no chance of incorrect wiring when doing a swap. Any of the pre-owned 1000W amplifiers can be loaded in an F2 form factor just as they can the original (now usually referred to as HP).

thanks, Mark, for the clarification. really great to know such flexibilty. I will make my order soon.
post #8456 of 9374
I was considering upgrading my subs and stopped myself. I am happy with my setup and it really doesn't need anymore upgrading and just what more do I need? So I took the $$$ and started another hobby that can be just as expensive, target shooting. Off to the range every weekend to shoot 100 or so rounds through my Black Rain Fallout 15 chambered for .223/5.56 Nato with Trijicon ACOG scope. Lots of fun to shoot at my local range. So now at age 70, I got my perfect HT room and system, truck to play with is a "08 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, and my Black Rain AR. Hey, life is good! Wait, just have to find a good women who likes the same stuff that I do so any of you guys got a good looking single mother biggrin.gif that's willing to move to Olympia, WA?
post #8457 of 9374

Would you believe that it is quite possible like you and I that a majority of this forum's readers are over 70? And our single mothers
are likely much older.

post #8458 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
 

Would you believe that it is quite possible like you and I that a majority of this forum's readers are over 70? And our single mothers
are likely much older.

 

LOL!  Perhaps a single daughter would suit better? :)

post #8459 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

LOL!  Perhaps a single daughter would suit better? smile.gif
Keith, be careful fella.



biggrin.gif

Craig
post #8460 of 9374
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post

Would you believe that it is quite possible like you and I that a majority of this forum's readers are over 70? And our single mothers

are likely much older.

That is doubtful from what I have been reading.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Seaton Sound SubMersive1