or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Status on Rambo 1,2,3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Status on Rambo 1,2,3

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Rambo 1 is coming to BD in February 2007.

Some also list Rambo 2

Rambo 3 ?

What do you know ?!
post #2 of 22
Thread Starter 
Any thoughts ?
post #3 of 22
Yes, it looks like Rambo 1 in Jan or Feb and Rambo 2 right behind it.

I actually pre-ordered these on HD DVD from France but cancelled, hoping the BD version is better quality than the mediocre HD DVD imports.
post #4 of 22
Watch out for a fast double dip since Stallone is about to start shooting Rambo 4
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

Yes, it looks like Rambo 1 in Jan or Feb and Rambo 2 right behind it.

I actually pre-ordered these on HD DVD from France but cancelled, hoping the BD version is better quality than the mediocre HD DVD imports.

For "Rambo 1", First Blood, it proably wouldn't make much difference which disc you get. I bet you wouldn't be so wowed either way if the D-Theater tape is a good indicator. The tapes have been a good indicator so far too. It's just not an impressive looking tape. It just appears that the film really isn't all that well shot, IMO. Just don't expect anything near eye candy, I'd quess...???
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael Bellomy View Post

For "Rambo 1", First Blood, it proably wouldn't make much difference which disc you get. I bet you wouldn't be so wowed either way if the D-Theater tape is a good indicator. The tapes have been a good indicator so far too. It's just not an impressive looking tape. It just appears that the film really isn't all that well shot, IMO. Just don't expect anything near eye candy, I'd quess...???

I watched part of that on SD TV years ago. From the look of the print on that broadcast, VHS would suffice.
post #7 of 22
Since I have First Blood on DTHEATER I will defintely wait to get part 2 and 3. I am shocked to read he is doing a part 4. Well maybe not after he just did another Rocky...
post #8 of 22
Were Rambo II and III announced at CES?

I looked at the future release list and did not see them listed.

Thanks!
post #9 of 22
I'll buy 1 & 2 but 3 sucked IMO.
post #10 of 22
the new rocky ruled
post #11 of 22
Well at least we know Rocky Balboa is coming to BD on 3/20
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpags View Post

Well at least we know Rocky Balboa is coming to BD on 3/20

That and Casino Royale are my two most anticipated new release titles for '07 thus far.
post #13 of 22
As Rachael says, Rambo 1 probably will not make Tier 1, but the D-VHS D-Theater version is much better than SD DVD.
post #14 of 22
I actually loved all three Rambo movies. Even 3 was great IMO.

Part 2 has to me my favorite though.

So, were 2 and 3 announced at CES or no?
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

So, were 2 and 3 announced at CES or no?

Well al three movies were released internationally on HD DVD if that's any consolation.
post #16 of 22
The HDDVD of Rambo I has slightly better PQ than the DVHS version.

HD Rambo II and III have better PQ...Tier 2 in my opinion. I'd bet that the Blu Ray versions will be essentially the same in PQ.
post #17 of 22
What about the rumored "pitch" issues..?
post #18 of 22
I had the imports on HD DVD.

IMO, quality was pretty good (part 3 looked great) but that pitch issue drove me crazy!

That is why I will get them on BD now and was hoping all would be released this year.
post #19 of 22
Is there any new word on Rambo 2 and 3 on Blu-ray?
post #20 of 22
Any news yet? Anyone?
post #21 of 22
It's unamerican to not like any Rambo movie.
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatspeed View Post

It's unamerican to not like any Rambo movie.

C'mon, even the third one?

I'd love the second one and the trailer for the new film looks good so I'll probably pick it up on disc too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Status on Rambo 1,2,3