It was a travesty. A pure slap in the face to comic book lovers. Here's my thoughts on the movie from my blog:
Granted I am only 23, but I still grew up with the X-men comics and the animated series. Now most of you know that none of the recent comic book movies have been ANYTHING like the comics, and were just made to make money. But nothing says “**** you” to the fan more than X-Men 3. Honestly, I was actually excited to see this movie when I first saw the trailer a few months prior. Then it finally came out and I heard from a friend of mine who went to go see it the previous day. She told me a few points of the movie, all of which were bad, but I still had high hopes for this movie. So I finally went to see it Saturday night, and came out wanting to demand my money back.
I can’t believe they can actually call this an X-Men movie, besides using the names. The so-called story they used, NEVER took place in the Marvel Universe. They didn’t even try to use any of the story from the comic book at all, instead they decided to use this “Cure” thing for the main plot, and then thought of the bright idea to make this “cure” as a weapon against mutants. Here’s my list of complaints against the movie, in numerical order:
1. The Phoenix was a part ofJean’s subconscious?!?! WTF??? The Phoenix came from space.
2. They killed Scott (Cyclops) within the first 20 minutes of the movie, and then killed Xavier 15 minutes later (yeah I know he’s not dead), and finally killing Jean at the very end.
3. Since when is Trask black?!?!?!
4. The weaponized “cure” is used by the military to use against the mutants, how gay is that?
5. When “Phoenix/Jean Grey” is “burning” Wolverine at the end, his skin starts to peel away, revealing Logan’s Adamantium. Now if they knew anything about the X-men, they’d realize that it’s ONLY Logan’s skeleton that’s fused with Adamantium, NOT his muscles.
6. Why the **** wasn’t Colosus Russian??? And since when can he project his powers onto other people???
7. The chick that “senses” mutant powers apparently is Callisto, who is the leader of the morlocks, but she doesn’t look like that, NOR does she even have that mutant power, let alone super speed.
8. Angel, who was supposed to have a BIG role in this movie, had two little gay scenes, lame.
9. Since when does Rogue lose her powers? Who ****ed up on that one?
10. The lame attempt to market the “Juggernaut Bitch” meme, seriously, wtf was up with that???
11. Psylocke was neither evil, NOR has EVER joined the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
12. Kelsey Grammar as the Beast?!?!? WTF!!!
13. Kid Omega doesn’t have those powers, NOR is he Asian.
14. The Juggernaut does NOT have any mutant powers, he only has his powers from the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak.
15. Leech is green, NOT white!!!
I could think of more, but I haven’t the time. All in all, this was a HUGE slap in the face to X-Men fans, and a mediocre movie in general. i give this 1 1/2 *’s.
Sorry, but all comic book movies suck, as they're too Hollywood.