a few things i am working on:
- i have ordered various velvet swatches to compare to the fidelio that i have. the key advantage of them is that they are fire rated. i plan to do an informal burn test. i would like to do my starfield ceiling with velvet as well as my stage.
- i found a supplier of plywood cylinders that i can use for columns. they also have dense cardboard cylinders that can be laminated with wood. prices are reasonable and i plan to order them this week. http://www.aitwood.com/images/pdf/CurvedPly2007.pdf
- i've been reading up on htguide's diy section for speaker design. i have pretty much decided to do a very large diy sub with 2 15" tc2000 drivers tuned flat to 16hz driven by a crown k2. i will build the box 97" x 38" x 18" and stand it on the concrete floor behind my stagewall. it will stick up 26" above my stage floor so no sand needed. i will post details of this as i go.
- i am still undecided on colors and that is rapidly approaching. what is the lead time on GOM?
- i am leaning toward not using theater seats. i have sat in berklines, lanes, lazyboys, etc and in the end i am just struggling with the price performance and the look. i really want a very casual, comfortable look. i am considering using some overstuffed love seats and recliners in a curved config and making some wedge shaped things between them.
drywall is almost hung. i am finding it hard to concentrate on work when all i want to do is go stand in my new theater.