, welcome to this thread. I cannot
reply to all your questions, since I haven't done thorough technical tests on this player (no time and honestly, you won't find the perfect player
Originally Posted by masdigvid
1) Does the NTD36HD have an overall good performance in playing different video contents (DIVX, MPEG-2, TS and especially HD contents such as WMV9 or HD Avi)?
2) Are there any known issues in playing DVD ISO both from internal HDD and streaming from PC?
3) Can anyone confirm that it is possible to switch audio track on the fly during video file or DVD ISO playback (the MVIX 760HD does not
4) Are there any problems with seeking a video file during its playback, that is Fast Forwarding / Reverse?
5) During video playback I can see from the manual that if you press INFO button twice
a progress bar is displayed. Is it possible to scroll
the bar using left and right arrow button
in order to move the current playing position within the file? Or is there any other similar feature other than manually typing the play time you want to jump to?
6) Has anyone tried to play a large MPEG-2 file (> 4 GB) till the end without any problem?
1. I have played without problems WMV HD from a Microsoft sampler DVD, AVI files (XviD at various HR resolutions) and DivX 5 (more rarely), AC-3 and MP3 audio in these, but no
.TS since the MPEG-2 HD files are huge and I can't spend my DSL bandwitdh getting 19GB for one
2. Internally (HDD) there aren't issues, but streaming could be a problem for anything. It depends on your server's capabilities, too. I have never played ISOs from the network (especially not WiFi).
3. I can't confirm it. On normal DVD playback on DVD stand-alone players, the on-the-fly switching of audio or subtitles also depends on the disc permissions.
4. Up to x4 forward, the video is smooth, but beyond that it's obviously jumpy, and that makes sence (i.e. I-frames displayed only) due to more bandwidth/transfer rate required. Generally, I am happy. Only on badly-encoded XviD files I had problems, including playback and seeking.
5. You can't scroll anything. When the progress bar is displayed, if you press LEFT or RIGHT arrows, the player will start fast-forwarding or rewinding, accordingly. The bar is for information purposes
, only (how can you scroll without a mouse pointer?) and I haven't found a way to go to a specific time e.g. 32:05 of an episode I may be watching. Just good old fast-forward
6. NTFS can support large files (internal HDD) but I haven't played large .avi
files or .ts
files (what do you mean by MPEG-2, are they .m2v
?). Normally, you shouldn't have a problem--perhaps if it's streamed and HD, then you might.
If you speak German, go to http://www.hdd-player.de/
where it appears more people exchange their views. Come back and tells us what you found!