Patched firmware for Novatron NTD36HD ftp,telnet,ext3,copyscripts,init_script and commands (based on build 159)
============================================================ ============================================================ ======
---- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! ---- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! ----
If you brick your player using this firmware the only way
to debrick it is in rescue mode through tftp.
1. Added new busybox inside the firmware!
awk,basename,busybox2,cat,chmod,clear,cmp,cut,dirname,du,ech o,egrep,env,fgrep,find,free,grep,hdparm,head,insmod,killall, lash,length,lsmod,
2. Copy scripts modified with -r (Recursive inside) -u dont works and is not supported by busybox ;-(
cpmovie: plugin USB -HDD -Stick or -CAM to your IAMM, if on the device is an Folder called
MOVIE everything inside gets copied to the internal EXT3 HDD MOVIE Folder
cpmusic: plugin USB -HDD -Stick or -CAM to your IAMM, if on the device is an Folder called
MUSIC everything inside gets copied to the internal EXT3 HDD MUSIC Folder
cpphoto: plugin USB -HDD -Stick or -CAM to your IAMM, if on the device is an Folder called
PHOTO everything inside gets copied to the internal EXT3 HDD PHOTO Folder
cproot: plugin USB -HDD -Stick or -CAM to your IAMM, if on the device is an Folder called
ROOT everything inside gets copied to the internal EXT3 HDD
cp2usb: plugin USB -HDD -Stick or -CAM to your IAMM, if on the device is the init script with
enabled cp2usb everything inside the folder 2USB on the internal HDD gets copied to the
usb EXT3 device
3. Changed /etc/inittab to start both of them:
# Startup the system
This script is really simple it looks in root of the internal hdd or on an usb device
for an script called init_script, if there is an file called init_script it will starts this script
Whats the use of that? Really simple you can mount NFS shares ;-) you can run the cpmovie, cpphoto, ....
commands. or everything you want. An init_script to mount an NFS share or to do the 3 copy routines
are in the zip you downloaded ;-)
5. Added an FTP Server so can FTP to your Device using the IP and for login user:root pass:hdd
6. Changed the Startsound and the Shutdownsound to save memory
7. some Parts removed to let the device is more stable
8. Telnet activated (you will love the new busybox)
1. Install just like a usual firmware upgrade
2. You must format your HDD with ext3, fat32 is no option anymore because users have many problems with it.
Please look for how to make it correct to http://www.hdd-player.de/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1279.0
(you must be registered)
but works also with every LinuxLiveCD.
3. Log in using telnet: user = root, password = hdd
4. Log in using ftp (Upload works! but not all commands only on ext3, download works also with NTFS): user = root, pass = hdd
Note: The ftpd takes 10-20 seconds to respond! Be patient
5. To get to your Harddisk you need go to /tmp/ide/part1
6. To get the new script working you need to extract the INIT.zip to your internal ext3 HDD or to an ext3 usb HDD
Thx go to the admin from www.hdd-player.de
who makes it possible that Novatron includes ext3 support.
Thx goes to Dirk alias (dm) who helps me and compiles some nights.
Thx goes to OK from the Mvix Community who gets the stuff working (ftpd and shttpd)
Thx goes to hifan from the Mvix Community who makes the new busybox working.
I wish you all good luck.