or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › *** The Official APERION Thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 183

post #5461 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post

3-in-1 Stud finder, level and very strong magnet all for $10+shipping

http://www.amazon.com/CH-Hanson-0304...4293721&sr=8-1

thanks...sure that's strong enough?
post #5462 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

thanks...sure that's strong enough?

I don't have Aperion Verus Grand to test but have the stud finder and it grabs stud screws behind sheetrock/drywall so pretty strong in my opinion..
post #5463 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

I'm looking into purchasing the Verus Grand Towers but heard that the grilles are very hard to take off...apparently I need a special type of magnet to remove it easily...anyone have a link to where I can buy the right magnet to remove these grilles?

I have the VGTs, and you really don't need any special tool or even a magnet to remove the grills. While they are stuck on pretty tightly, you can remove them by pinching a little of the cloth covering near the top or bottom and using that hold to pull the grill away from the speaker. I got that recommendation from a post by one of the Aperion gurus on their forum, and it does work well without damaging the fabric. I don't think I'll be doing it any more than absolutely necessary for fear of stretching the material over time, but it seems pretty tough and works fine if you're just popping off the grills once in a while.
post #5464 of 6860
^^^ +1
post #5465 of 6860
If any of you are Aperion owners did you choose to go with an Aperion sub or did you choose something different? and does it really matter?
post #5466 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by disarm78 View Post

I have the VGTs, and you really don't need any special tool or even a magnet to remove the grills. While they are stuck on pretty tightly, you can remove them by pinching a little of the cloth covering near the top or bottom and using that hold to pull the grill away from the speaker. I got that recommendation from a post by one of the Aperion gurus on their forum, and it does work well without damaging the fabric. I don't think I'll be doing it any more than absolutely necessary for fear of stretching the material over time, but it seems pretty tough and works fine if you're just popping off the grills once in a while.

cool, but I would be worried about damaging the fabric...plus the magnet is only $10 so it's probably worth it for the peace of mind
post #5467 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GUER0 View Post

If any of you are Aperion owners did you choose to go with an Aperion sub or did you choose something different? and does it really matter?

Kept old SVS subwoofer from old SVS 01 5.1 set (entry level subwoofer). Haven't decided whether to upgrade but Aperion gurus said could try keeping the old sub.
post #5468 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GUER0 View Post

If any of you are Aperion owners did you choose to go with an Aperion sub or did you choose something different? and does it really matter?

Sub does not need to match. I have a SVS cylinder and it works great.
post #5469 of 6860
I chose a cherry Aperion 8A sub so it would match my cherry finish on the speakers. When having the sub upfront exposed by the TV and the speakers, it was worth having the finish match. Plus, having all components brand-matched feels better in my opinion. The aperion subs have a nice tight bass.
post #5470 of 6860
Well after much debating I decided to go in a different direction. I really wanted the Aperion sub but felt given my situation and the amount of space I'm dealing with (6000 cubic feet) I didn't think I could make it happen. Maybe in the future Aperion will make a 15 inch earth mover.
post #5471 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GUER0 View Post

Well after much debating I decided to go in a different direction. I really wanted the Aperion sub but felt given my situation and the amount of space I'm dealing with (6000 cubic feet) I didn't think I could make it happen. Maybe in the future Aperion will make a 15 inch earth mover.

so which sub did you end up getting?
post #5472 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

so which sub did you end up getting?

With no disrespect to Aperion I chose to go with a HSU VTF 15H. Down the line I might order another if I can get it wife approved
post #5473 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GUER0 View Post

With no disrespect to Aperion I chose to go with a HSU VTF 15H. Down the line I might order another if I can get it wife approved

nice sub...why is it so heavy for (123 pounds)?
post #5474 of 6860
New on-line review of the Verus Forte set-up...http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...speaker-system
post #5475 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GUER0

With no disrespect to Aperion I chose to go with a HSU VTF 15H. Down the line I might order another if I can get it wife approved
Good choice. Especially for a room that size. I would say that sub or multiple Outlaw LFM 1 EX's. Sorry to go off topic. Aperion subs sound great. I have tried all of them except the 8A. I have a 12D boxed up in my basement. It's just that for the price, they don't compete with other ID sub companies. Sorry Aperion. You guys do need to revamp the subs. The speakers are awesome. The subs should be on their level.
post #5476 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GUER0 View Post

With no disrespect to Aperion I chose to go with a HSU VTF 15H. Down the line I might order another if I can get it wife approved

I love my Aperion VGTs and Center--and plan to buy their new bipolar/dipolar surrounds. But for the sub, I wanted something more specialized for super low and powerful bass and went with the SVS PC13-Ultra. No regrets there at all--a great sub to go along with great speakers.
post #5477 of 6860
Any word on the new Verus surrounds yet? I could swear that I read to expect them about the 29th of August but I have not seen nor heard anything.
post #5478 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg44s View Post

Any word on the new Verus surrounds yet? I could swear that I read to expect them about the 29th of August but I have not seen nor heard anything.

Apparently they are available at $599/pair, though not up on their site yet. I will try to post a pic that was sent to me by their customer service rep.
post #5479 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil31 View Post
Apparently they are available at $599/pair, though not up on their site yet. I will try to post a pic that was sent to me by their customer service rep.
Matt did post a couple pics on the Blu Ray forum:



post #5480 of 6860
when's it going to be up on the Aperion website?...I want to see the full specs

I currently have the 5T towers and center plus 4BP surrounds...I use my system mostly for Blu-ray's and HD cable (FIOS)...will the Verus Surrounds offer a noticable improvement over the 4BP's?...I know dipoles are supposed to be better then bipoles but the 4BP's sound pretty good to my ears for movies
post #5481 of 6860
Hey everyone,

So first off, I cannot for the life of me post to our forum. So if anyone here has unanswered questions there, that's why, sorry about that. Hopefully we will have it fixed soon.

As for the Verus Surrounds they are indeed here, they aren't up on the site quite yet because they are finishing up the product copy.

Here are the specs:

Frequency Response (+/- 3dB) (+/- 6dB) Bi: 100-10K (20K on one panel); Di: 80-10K (20K on one panel)
Impedance Ohms : 8 ohms
Sensitivity dB: Bi: 88dB 1W, 1M; Di: NA
Recommended Power 30-200 Watts
Amplifier Power N/A
Tweeter Custom Aperion ASR Tweeters
Midrange Custom 4.25" Aperion PhaseSync Drivers with Integrated ASR Tweeter
Driver Configuration 2-Way Dipole or Bipole
Enclosure Type Anti-Resonant, Front Ported
Dimensions 9.5" H x 13" W x 7" D

Weight 12.75 lbs.


And here are the pictures:





They will be $598/pair and if you want to order them just give us a call, thanks!
post #5482 of 6860
In other news, the new HAL is up and available now!

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/...32,84,914.aspx
post #5483 of 6860
Jason, We would love to hear your listening impressions of the Verus Surround! Especially how it compares to the 4BP and 5DB!
post #5484 of 6860
Hi Jason, I am looking over the pictures of the new surrounds and I don't see a keyhole mounting option... Does this mean there isn't a way to have these sit flush against a wall?
post #5485 of 6860
I see the new Verus Surround's are now listed on the Aperion site...I still would love to know how they compare to the 4BP's for movie watching?...is the difference significant?
post #5486 of 6860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcisbig View Post

Jason, We would love to hear your listening impressions of the Verus Surround! Especially how it compares to the 4BP and 5DB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post

Hi Jason, I am looking over the pictures of the new surrounds and I don't see a keyhole mounting option... Does this mean there isn't a way to have these sit flush against a wall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

I see the new Verus Surround's are now listed on the Aperion site...I still would love to know how they compare to the 4BP's for movie watching?...is the difference significant?

Hey guys, I don't have any 5DBs handy so I can't really make that comparison.

But as far as comparing them to the 4BPs the biggest difference is that the Verus Surrounds, when properly placed, offer a much more diffuse sound with less direct sound than the 4BP. The consequence is a more enveloping/wrap around sound and a lot of times you don't even realize the sounds you are hearing are coming from the Verus Surrounds. Personally I love that effect, but some people want to be able to localize the sound as coming from the speaker.

Also I think the Verus tweeter is a little smoother than the Intimus, but for these speakers that is a fairly subtle difference.

As far as mounting goes they come with the same mounts as the 4BP and 5DB, which you can check out here:

http://www.aperionaudio.com/communit...hread/7994.asp

And they are indeed finally up on the site and available for ordering here:

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/...33,89,916.aspx
post #5487 of 6860
Mount link is dead =(

(edit)link is not dead, just have to add an "x" to the end of the address

http://www.aperionaudio.com/communit...read/7994.aspx
post #5488 of 6860
That mount looks great! I am new to the Aperion audio stuff. I have been swaying back and forth between the new Verus and Kef new Q's. Right now the Aperion's are winning mostly due to their 30 day trial. But don't think your on going support on the forums has gone unnoticed. Thanks for what you do.
post #5489 of 6860
Jason - since you cannot post over at the Aperion forums, can you tell me what ceiling mount you recommend for the new BP surrounds? I have this one from Monoprice that I used on my last surrounds:

Ceiling mount

I just hate to drill into the top of the cabinet but I may not have a choice. I only have to do a ceiling mount for the left surround as that side opens to the kitchen while the right side can be wall mounted.
post #5490 of 6860
Damn, just typed a long message and not being logged on made me lose it all. Here's a quick recap:'

- I'm a newbie to this forum and home theaters
- So far have the Epson 8350, an Elite 120" manual screen, PS3, and AppleTV
- I just ordered the Aperion Intimus 4T Summit Wireless 5.1 System.
- I can't find any active thread on any forum about this system, hoping to connect with some other early adopters
- 5.1 system is $2500, but $250 rebate is still in effect as of a couple days ago

- Questions
1. Will I be able to upgrade the preamp transmitter if that ever gets upgraded? It's IR only right now, and I'd rather have bluetooth or wifi.
2. I know the speakers need to "see" each other, but is that also true of the transmitter?
3. Is there any updated info on the standby draw?
4. When will we know for sure the shipping date?

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › *** The Official APERION Thread ***