Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky
More re the new tube mono amp - its real and will be at CES:
Features of the new tube amps.
1. Monoblock design.
2. Completely separate isolated power supply for the power output stage and driver stage. Even has 2 power cords.
3. Modular design. Completely change the circuit topology and tubes being used by plugging in different modules.
Power output module can be push-pull 300B at 45 watts, push pull 6550 at 100 watts, push pull EL34 at 50 watts, etc.
Different driver and rectifier modules available.
Each module is individually 100% EMI/RFI shielded.
With all the different available modules this is 30 amps in one.
4. Modules simply plug in. Once the new module is plugged in, everything is automatic. No need to re-bias tubes or click any switches or anything. The modules are as easy to change as plugging a desk lamp into a different outlet.
5. No capacitors in the signal path. Interstage coupling is done with transformers.
6. Both power supplies have massive choke filtering.
7. The B+ supply module can be solid state or tube rectification.
8. The monoblocks are all made in North America with all parts, labor, and materials from North America.
9. Tube sockets are milled Teflon with gold pins.
10. Chassis sides are made of 2" x 6" aluminum. Bottom is 1/4" thick aluminum.
11. Sides and top are 1/2" thick granite.
The "granite" is a granite like material but one which sounds fantastic as used in audio components.