or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › Pictures of your HD DVD setup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your HD DVD setup - Page 35

post #1021 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrstevens421 View Post

I'm going to gou out on limb here, I'm guessing your a Packers fan .

So am I .

post #1022 of 1186
the a30 is under the 360 elite

all definitive speakers less the psb sub
sony xbr4-52
front

back
post #1023 of 1186
Here's a couple of pictures for you.

1. My (our) current collection
2. The HT setup:

Sony KDF-60XS955
Denon 2802
40Gb PS3
Cyber Home region 0 SD DVD
Oppo 3-1 HDMI splitter
Sony pre-amp CD player
Toshiba A35
Digital HD/DVR
Gen II Humax Tivo
4x Wharfedale Rubiance RB-21 Bookend speakers
2x Wharfedale Rubiance RC centre speakers
Definitive Power Field 1500 sub

Should do for now....

Seggers
LL
LL
post #1024 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtoronto View Post

the a30 is under the 360 elite

all definitive speakers less the psb sub
sony xbr4-52
front

back

how do you like that sony xbr. any problems with stutter on fast moving pictures. looks like a nice setup by the way.
post #1025 of 1186
Thanxs and no problems once you calibrate it and take off a lot of the settings that the factory leaves on shes smokin no stutter or blur
jeff
post #1026 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtoronto View Post

Thanxs and no problems once you calibrate it and take off a lot of the settings that the factory leaves on shes smokin no stutter or blur
jeff

Agreed. Once you turn off "noise reduction" the XBR is good to go .
post #1027 of 1186
post #1028 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post



What brand cable is this?
post #1029 of 1186
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post

What brand cable is this?

Liberty

*** I it should be noted that I switch to silver (99.99%) Kingcats, which are not only better cables but the only time I actually noticed a difference when switching cables. Honestly they stack up against the best at a fraction of the price....and they look killer if which is important if your cable are exposed.

http://www.catcables.com/
post #1030 of 1186
Denon AVR-3808CI
Denon DVD-910
JVC LT-46FH97
360 w/HD addon
Wii
PS2
NES
Panasonic VCR...
Onix Rocket Tyke 5.1 suround sound system - http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/rev..._main8638.html
LL
LL
LL
post #1031 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtoronto View Post

Thanxs and no problems once you calibrate it and take off a lot of the settings that the factory leaves on shes smokin no stutter or blur
jeff

Can you post Calibration settings of yours? I recently purchased one, and im not sure which display the best settings. Thanks!
post #1032 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Liberty

*** I it should be noted that I switch to silver (99.99%) Kingcats, which are not only better cables but the only time I actually noticed a difference when switching cables. Honestly they stack up against the best at a fraction of the price....and they look killer if which is important if your cable are exposed.

http://www.catcables.com/

And you call that a bargain?! 190$ for a .5 meter RCA pair??
post #1033 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

Denon AVR-3808CI
Denon DVD-910
JVC LT-46FH97
360 w/HD addon
Wii
PS2
NES
Panasonic VCR...
Onix Rocket Tyke 5.1 suround sound system - http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/rev..._main8638.html

NES!

noice!
post #1034 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouettus View Post

And you call that a bargain?! 190$ for a .5 meter RCA pair??

I just luv how ppl spend outrageous amounts on 99% pure silver cable that is soldered to the Barrels using 4% Silver Solder!!! Hello the other 96% of the solder is a tin alloy!!!
post #1035 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

Denon AVR-3808CI
Denon DVD-910
JVC LT-46FH97
360 w/HD addon
Wii
PS2
NES
Panasonic VCR...
Onix Rocket Tyke 5.1 suround sound system - http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/rev..._main8638.html

The Nintendo is really the icing on the cake... as well as what looks to be turbo style headers...
post #1036 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

Denon AVR-3808CI
Denon DVD-910
JVC LT-46FH97
360 w/HD addon
Wii
PS2
NES
Panasonic VCR...
Onix Rocket Tyke 5.1 suround sound system - http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/rev..._main8638.html

What brand/model is that audio rack anyways? Is it a Sonax LX-9410 from Futureshop?
post #1037 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by djos View Post

I just luv how ppl spend outrageous amounts on 99% pure silver cable that is soldered to the Barrels using 4% Silver Solder!!! Hello the other 96% of the solder is a tin alloy!!!

+1 I took a look at that link and I wouldn't call them a bargain by any stretch of the word. They make Monster look like a good deal.
post #1038 of 1186
[attach][attach]Attachment 102017[/attach][/attach] I have a Sanyo PLV-Z2000 projector with a Carada 110 screen.
LL
LL
LL
post #1039 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 View Post

+1 I took a look at that link and I wouldn't call them a bargain by any stretch of the word. They make Monster look like a good deal.

Tell me about it!
post #1040 of 1186
Looks cozy Sax
post #1041 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouettus View Post

What brand/model is that audio rack anyways? Is it a Sonax LX-9410 from Futureshop?

It is the NF206 from Sanus Systems. NF206
post #1042 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk View Post

The Nintendo is really the icing on the cake... as well as what looks to be turbo style headers...

Not to mention the beer bottles on the mantle and the tool chest on the hearth.
post #1043 of 1186
Here is my setup

Panasonic TH50PX75
Yamaha HTR6060
Axiom M60s, VP150, QS4s (not shown)
Toshiba HD-A3
Nintendo Wii





post #1044 of 1186












Got some new frames and posters thanks to AllPosters.com, Movie Market UK, and FrameUSA.
post #1045 of 1186
Nice, clean set up, Louisville S!

All these new HD DVD players being bought up, we should be seeing great new posts in here...

Mine soon!
post #1046 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville S View Post


I'd try to move your front speakers on the shelves where your turntable and PS3 are. Put them horizontally and then the tweeters would be at your ears level. I bet soundstrage and imaging would improve a lot.

btw, you love those TV dinner tables do ya? :P
post #1047 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

It is the NF206 from Sanus Systems. NF206

This might be a dumb question, but what does one of them there NF racks run for?

Seggers
post #1048 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouettus View Post

I'd try to move your front speakers on the shelves where your turntable and PS3 are. Put them horizontally and then the tweeters would be at your ears level. I bet soundstrage and imaging would improve a lot.

btw, you love those TV dinner tables do ya? :P

Yeah my parents had a bunch of those tables so I snagged a couple. Good suggestion about the speakers, but if I put them on my desk they would be blocking part of the posters.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to list hardware:

• Sharp Aquos LC-37GP1U 1080p HDTV.
• Toshiba HD-XA2 1080p HD-DVD Player.
• Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB).
• Onkyo HT-SR800 Home Theater System with Yamaha HS-A535’s as fronts.
• DirecTV H20-100 HD Receiver.
• Sony PS-LX2 Automatic Stereo Turntable System.
• Sony CDP-C445 Five Disc Compact Disc Player.
• Elf Media Storage Cabinet.
post #1049 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville S View Post

Yeah my parents had a bunch of those tables so I snagged a couple.

I'm impressed by your being able to overcome spacial challenges. I'm helping my son with that as well, though he does not work yet to contribute his own income, so he just gets my left overs as well as holiday presents.

I like the stands--inventive.
post #1050 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Laurent View Post

I'm impressed by your being able to overcome spacial challenges. I'm helping my son with that as well, though he does not work yet to contribute his own income, so he just gets my left overs as well as holiday presents.

I like the stands--inventive.

Yeah, I've been re-arranging my room since my parents moved into this house about 10 years ago, and I think I've reached a point where I am pretty satisfied.

Since I am a full time college student I usually work during the summers, but I've landed some pretty interesting jobs for my age, two of which have been Help Desk positions at EMC and Staples.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD DVD Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › Pictures of your HD DVD setup