or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › Pictures of your HD DVD setup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your HD DVD setup - Page 36

post #1051 of 1186



Philips 42" 1080P Ambilight
Klipsch Ultra 5.1 + additional 10"/100w Dayton sub (Parts Express)
Creative Labs DDTS-100
X360 Elite w/ HD DVD, PS3 80GB w/ BC
Dish ViP622 HD-DVR
HTPC w/ Quad Core @ 3.2GHz, 4GB DDR2/800, 900GB total and 512MB G92 8800/GTS
post #1052 of 1186
Nice SetUp
post #1053 of 1186
Here's mine.

Top:
Panasonic TC-32LX50 LCD
Channel Master antenna rotator control

Middle left:
Samsung DTB-H260F OTA digital TV receiver
Oppo HM-31 HDMI switch
Toshiba HD-A2
Sony SCD-CE595 CD/SACD player

Middle right:
Oppo 981 DVD player
Psyclone component video switch
Panasonic DMR-EH75V DVD recorder

Bottom left:
NAD C-352 integrated amplifier

Bottom right:
Philips DVP-642 DVD player
Sony DHG-HDD500 HD DVR
Sony DHG-HDD250 HD DVR

A couple of ancient Boston Acoustics bookshelf speakers are on top of bookcases, one of which is visible behind the TV.
post #1054 of 1186
Updated pic of my setup...
Added Components:

Toshiba A30
Replaced front Onkyo speakers with Athena WS60's
Sharp 52SE94U replaced my 52" D92



Took this on my HTC phone which explains the crappy PQ
post #1055 of 1186
Here is my small HD setup.
LL
post #1056 of 1186
Current setup. Anxiously awaiting the SP3 next year to have HDMI Audio capability in my preamp.







Can't wait to build a dedicated room.
post #1057 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post

Current setup. Anxiously awaiting the SP3 next year to have HDMI Audio capability in my preamp.







Can't wait to build a dedicated room.

Where did you get the terminator arm that is very cool. Also very nice setup.
post #1058 of 1186
Waiting for new 42''Tosh Regza
LL
post #1059 of 1186






-SANYO PLV-Z4
-TOSHIBA HDXA2
-PIONEER VSX-812
post #1060 of 1186
Nice setup winstone! Great demo material as well. Do you have any pictures with the lights on?
post #1061 of 1186


post #1062 of 1186
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post


Unless I missed anouth setup I think you and I are the only ones with a Richard Grey Piece.
post #1063 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmawatcher3 View Post

Where did you get the terminator arm that is very cool. Also very nice setup.

Sideshow Collectibles is the company that manufacturered the piece. It's cast from the molds used for the actual arm in T2. Unfortunately they only made 750 worldwide and it's really hard to get one. They did make a 1:2 scale version later but there's nothing like having a full 1:1 piece. Check out their website for some really cool collectibles. Thanks.
post #1064 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Unless I missed anouth setup I think you and I are the only ones with a Richard Grey Piece.

I used to have a RGPC600 but moved up to the 1200 for the extra recepticles. Hands down one of the most important components in my system. Tried a large number of other brands (Exactpower, Isotech, cough cough Monster) and none delivered noticeable improvements over the Richard Grey. The only other brand I would consider otherwise is Furman. What are you using?
post #1065 of 1186
I love these pictures, I'm going to have to add mine, it's nothing great but I'm feeling left out.
post #1066 of 1186
Just wanted to post pics of my setup. While it is not as fancy and high end as some, it does a fantastic job in my opinion. Someday I'll get around to picking up a new 1080p TV. For now this is working very nice. Here is my equipment:Hitachi Ultravision 65S500 rear projection CRT TV, Denon AVR-3808CI receiver, Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD player, Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu ray player, Sony 5 disc DVD changer, Sony VCR, Sony cassette tape deck, Comcast HD DVR, 2-Polk Audio Monitor 70's (fronts), Polk Audio CS2 center channel, 4-Polk Audio Monitor 30's (Side and Rear surrounds), 2-Sony 12" 200 watt front firing sub-woofers, and Monster Cable HTS 3600 MKII Power conditioner. All equipment connected with Monster Cable.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #1067 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post

Just wanted to post pics of my setup. While it is not as fancy and high end as some, it does a fantastic job in my opinion. Someday I'll get around to picking up a new 1080p TV. For now this is working very nice. Here is my equipment:Hitachi Ultravision 65S500 rear projection CRT TV, Denon AVR-3808CI receiver, Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD player, Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu ray player, Sony 5 disc DVD changer, Sony VCR, Sony cassette tape deck, Comcast HD DVR, 2-Polk Audio Monitor 70's (fronts), Polk Audio CS2 center channel, 4-Polk Audio Monitor 30's (Side and Rear surrounds), 2-Sony 12" 200 watt front firing sub-woofers, and Monster Cable HTS 3600 MKII Power conditioner. All equipment connected with Monster Cable.

Very nice setup!
post #1068 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post

Just wanted to post pics of my setup. While it is not as fancy and high end as some, it does a fantastic job in my opinion. Someday I'll get around to picking up a new 1080p TV. For now this is working very nice. Here is my equipment:Hitachi Ultravision 65S500 rear projection CRT TV, Denon AVR-3808CI receiver, Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD player, Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu ray player, Sony 5 disc DVD changer, Sony VCR, Sony cassette tape deck, Comcast HD DVR, 2-Polk Audio Monitor 70's (fronts), Polk Audio CS2 center channel, 4-Polk Audio Monitor 30's (Side and Rear surrounds), 2-Sony 12" 200 watt front firing sub-woofers, and Monster Cable HTS 3600 MKII Power conditioner. All equipment connected with Monster Cable.

Very nice. Where did you get those signs??? I want them.
post #1069 of 1186
Thank you for the compliments!!! My theater is my main hobby and my pride-and-joy.

I made the signs myself. Let me know what equipment you have and I can see what I can do. I have lots of different manufacturers available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrstevens421 View Post

Very nice. Where did you get those signs??? I want them.
post #1070 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post

Thank you for the compliments!!! My theater is my main hobby and my pride-and-joy.

I made the signs myself. Let me know what equipment you have and I can see what I can do. I have lots of different manufacturers available.

+1

I'd like a little info myself, they look absolutely stunning, very slick. I've seen alot of plaques and those look pretty good. I have some standard DTS, THX, etc. jpegs and gifs, but not like those.

pm me if i can get in on some too.

Thanks
post #1071 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post

Thank you for the compliments!!! My theater is my main hobby and my pride-and-joy.

I made the signs myself. Let me know what equipment you have and I can see what I can do. I have lots of different manufacturers available.

Thanks. PM sent.
post #1072 of 1186
Thanks for the compliments!! If you or anyone else likes these signs PM me and tell me what equipment you are interested in and I will see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.X.Donique View Post

+1

I'd like a little info myself, they look absolutely stunning, very slick. I've seen alot of plaques and those look pretty good. I have some standard DTS, THX, etc. jpegs and gifs, but not like those.

pm me if i can get in on some too.

Thanks
post #1073 of 1186
Nothing too extravagant but here is my "savings" HD setup:





Oh and heres is my other hobby

post #1074 of 1186
My updated setup





post #1075 of 1186
I pimped my system on cnet a while ago. Added a Toshiba hd-xa2. Will post some updated pix...

Thanks.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10167_7...html?tag=smgif
post #1076 of 1186
foghorn2, I did not know Olevia made a plasma.
post #1077 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post

foghorn2, I did not know Olevia made a plasma.

Its probably the best LCD they ever made! It has a LG LCD screen with a thick piece of glass in front of it. Looks like a plasma, has the benefits of a LCD.

If you think the XA2 is a well built heavy machine, you should try to handle and mount this on the wall!
post #1078 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post

This might be a dumb question, but what does one of them there NF racks run for?

Seggers

I got it at http://www.racksandstands.com for $300.
post #1079 of 1186
This is one of my favorite threads on AVS.

Keep them coming guys & gals!
post #1080 of 1186
I want my pics to just be seen without everyone having to click the link. how do I do this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD DVD Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › Pictures of your HD DVD setup