Hey guys, another BIG BIG update for the theater. EVEN BIGGER THEN APPLE RELEASING A NEW IPOD (do we even care anymore?)..
all windows are now covered, we used R19 insulation and double drywall with green glue in between. no more nasty windows in the theater.
Then we went ahead and started to stuff our soffit with 5.5inch acoustic material as per Bpape had told us to do. our HVAC being worked into the soffit, which we had to custom make brackets to hope the box and faceplates, as you can see we used MDF for the frame to old it, and made a nice clean finish to it. Also installed our return the same way.
the next couple of days we worked on our curved screen wall to hold the massive SMX 10 foot monster screen (2:35:1).. we also added a curved to the front light tray for the stage and then went out on the sides to hold our acoustic material.
we tested our new florida lights, in the soffit to see how they would look and fit, due to high heat we had to build 12 MDF guards (if you look in the picture) to keep any chance of the heat getting to the acoustics stuffed into the soffit.
Here is the platform step, as you can see its particle board on top of 2x4s, curved shape to match stage, and then routers to a smooth bullnosed end for carpet.
a few toys came in to, HCM331 Cameras for the outdoors and then the BLC30 for the inside, might post it up and let you guys watch while we complete the work.. who knows..or maybe just to make sure the sandmanX stays out of my theater.. HAH!
Also today got in the Samsung Q1 for my theater remote (i will be running cinemar). and also got in the Viewsonic Airpanel today.. cant wait to use these..!!!