or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Please help (360 HD DVD)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please help (360 HD DVD)

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I have my new HD drive hooked up to the 360. Even went into the settings blade and changed to 1080i. Ran the install disk, and all that, but the problem I have is when I am in the xbox general menu and I check the tv to see what is being displayed it says 1080i. However, when I play the HD DVD it says 480p. My only thought is because the cable that came with the hard drive doesn't do anything better than 480p. I can't believe microsoft would be so cheep to try something like that though. If anyone can shed some light onto my prob please let me know. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!
Joe
post #2 of 15
What resolution are your games? 1080i or 480p?
Double check your xbox to tv connector, and make sure you selected 'HD'

hth
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magawake View Post

What resolution are your games? 1080i or 480p?
Double check your xbox to tv connector, and make sure you selected 'HD'

hth


Not sure if i made myself clear, I am trying to watch a hddvd movie (good night, and good luck) on the hddvd drive and my tv says its 480p. I have the settings to the 360 on 1080i, that is why i am confused. I am running rgb cable from the 360 to the tv. My only thought was the usb cable from the hard drive to the 360 isn't hd compatable, but that doesnt make sense.
Joe

I did double check the tv connector, and it is on the hd.
J
post #4 of 15
Not sure why you are having that problem. Have you tried contacting MS about this?
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMillionWays View Post

Not sure why you are having that problem. Have you tried contacting MS about this?


No, this forum is always much more of a help than MS. So you are saying the cable that came with the hard drive to go to the 360 is hd compatable?
J
post #6 of 15
Contact MS. I have in the past, they are very fast and helpful. 1-800-4MY-XBOX
post #7 of 15
Will your TV accept 720p? Did you try it at 720p? Just to see if you can get anything other than 480p? Also, what kind of connection are you using to your tv from your xbox?
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp8192 View Post

Will your TV accept 720p? Did you try it at 720p? Just to see if you can get anything other than 480p? Also, what kind of connection are you using to your tv from your xbox?


Yes, my tv does accept 720p... its a hitachi rp. I am using an rgb cable. I am thinking it has to do with the HD add on drive. Because whenever I change the setting (I just tried the 720 as you said) and then check the Tv it reflects that setting. As in now, it says 720p. However when I go play the HD DVD from the hard drive, back to 480p.
J
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
ohh boy, i knew i should have got my ass up and put the disk in myself. My last resort was to make sure the g-friend put the disk in on the right side. Sure enough, it was on the sd side.
so sorry to waste everyones time.
Joe
post #10 of 15
Are you watching the included HD-DVD King Kong? If watching regular DVD's, it will only display 480p.
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlw2000 View Post

Are you watching the included HD-DVD King Kong? If watching regular DVD's, it will only display 480p.

you its funny you say that, when we were watching the good night.. . movie, i was thinking this is odd, king kong looked way better. I guess she put that one in right side up.
j
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Not to beat a dead horse here, but has anyone here bought a higher quality usb cable to go from the hard drive to the 360? Or is the one MS provided high enough quality.
J
post #13 of 15
The cable included with the drive should be just fine.
post #14 of 15
A Monster® USB cable will beef up the picture and make HD-DVDs even higher resolution!
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

A Monster™® USB cable will beef up the picture and make HD-DVDs even higher resolution!


LMFAO, and Monster would swear to it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Please help (360 HD DVD)