Originally Posted by hipertec
Hoping someone can help. I have a Rotel RSX-1056 receiver and when I watch dishnetwork and feeding thru the optical source of my Rotel, sometime I get a loud "POP" thru my speakers (specially the Left Front). This only happens when I am watching dishnetwork and thru optical. With RCA or Tuner, it works fine.
Any suggestions? Otherwise I was thinking about getting the 7002 Marantz to replace.
It's hard to say...it could be a lot of things that cause a poping sound. Tell us about the sound that you're hearing. Any trend for when the sound happens? I would start my troubleshooting efforts by:
1. Remove all inputs form the Rotel except the optical input for the Dishnetwork- Then verify if the problem is solve or not.
2. If the problem is gone, then add all the other inputs one at a time to determine which is causing the problem.
3. If removing all the inputs does not solve the problem, then change which optical input you're using for the dishnetwork on the Rotel.
4. If that does not solve the problem- then verify the power source of the dishnetwork and the Rotel are different. If you have a power condtioner plug one into the power conditioner and the other directly into the wall outlet.
5. If this does not solve the problem, then look at how your power, speakers, and optical cables are routed relative to each other. Generally speaking, if possible you want some seperation between the cables. If possible you want power cables on one side and data cables on another side with six inches of seperation. I say if possible because it's not always possible because of the location of your system.
6. Finally, I would have dishnetwork provide a new receiver if none of the above works.
I would say generally speaking that your problem is cable related and not component related. So I would not change out the receiver so fast.
I hope this gives you some general direction on where to go to help solve your problem.