Originally Posted by hdmi4ever
11) Are you using a digital connection from the PS2 to the Panny?
12) Are you using a subwoofer? Was the dealer using one?
13) How are your room acoustics vs. the dealer's? Did the dealer have acoustic panels on the wall and/or ceiling? Was the dealer's room carpeted? How does your room compare? Is your room square shaped, or is the width a whole multiple of the length (e.g. 12x24)?
14) Did you try temporarily moving them farther from the wall, just to see if it made a difference?
15) What about them sounds different that disappoints you?
11) Yes, I'm using optical cable.
12) Yes, I'm using REL Q-201E. (perhaps I should get one of those speak-on cable?)
13) Dealer's was just a rectangle. Mine is more like a square but westside opens up to kitchen and southside opening up to dining area. northside has a opening to the hallway. Yes, not the best shape for music listening...
14) I just did but I could only hear a very slight improvments. Basically, not by much.
15) First of all, it doesn't sound as open as it did at the dealer. Secondly, the sound stage is not accurate; at the dealer i could hear the singer was singing about 3 feet behind in the middle of the two speakers and drums on the far left and percussion in between the drum and the singer. At my home, I can't figure out where she is! she's all over the place. The drum and percussion is coming straight out of the left speaker. There's no sound stage at all!