Well we've been scrambling to get this place saleable. I have to admit, it is really bitter sweet to be building a theater for some one else. I harbor a secret fear that a buyer might rip it out.
Step one was to paint, starting with the screenwall going black (makes a HUGE difference)
And we added finish coats to the side since they won't be fabric anymore. We went with an eggshell finish since this is for resale. The box containing the sump hasn't been repainted:
Also been tinkering with the column sconces. I have some velumn paper up in this test shot. Gives the frosted glass look. I got some plexiglass that we'll add later:
Here is an under shot to see how much light will bleed into the speaker area, not too bad:
We started the fabric wrap of the columns. First cut the fabric:
Then tack (we'd lose the tacks over time. We are down to 3 after completing the wrap of 5 columns):
The fabric draps a little when tacked. IT is a real challenge to keep the fabric taught. The first column and a half took us about 2 hours. It got much faster as we got rolling:
We intend to make a separate entrance on the side for removing the speakers. It will be the side least visible when you enter the room to keep the clean line aesthetics. We were working on our fourth column when my wife asked if the speakers fit through the proposed service point. Turns out it depends on which column. Sawzall to the rescue.
Here is a nearly finished product (we used about 700 staples for 5 columns, the 6th one needed caulk, so its drying).
And two side by side (fabric needs to be trimmed) - one of these holds a speaker: