or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › St. Louis, MO - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Louis, MO - HDTV - Page 4

post #91 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Jeff View Post

well, considering my tv doesn't have a built in atsc tuner, i'll assume the one on the hr20 is better!

thanks for the info...i guess I need to start reading and posting on dbstalk as well...

I had no idea I was going to get the HR20 so fast. I'm friends with the installer, I knew they were back-ordered a bit. He said he could get me one, but I still thought I'd have more time to learn about it!

If you haven't already been there, there is a ton of information on dbstalk. You won't find too many posts that say the unit is great, and a lot of posts of people having all sorts of troubles with it. I just got mine installed on Jan 11th. I have to admit, if I had found dbstalk before I upgraded to the HR20, I probably would have waited about 6 months and just kept monitoring dbstalk waiting for the problems to lessen dramatically. That being said, I haven't had any real issues with my HR20 to date (knock on wood). The very first night we had some loud popping noises and some audio dropout on DirecTv's Channel 30 broadcast, but it didn't last more than a couple of minutes. Also, after I set up my OTA on the HR20, I had a bunch of my Series Links/Season Passes spontaneously cancel themselves only to spontaneously reappear the next morning. But, so far it hasn't missed a recording, frozen up, messed up a recording, or any of the other major problems other people have been reporting. DirecTv just updated the software for the unit yesterday, so we'll see how the unit reacts with it over the next few days. Hopefully, you won't have any issue either. Good Luck!!
post #92 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenholde View Post

Can't you just use:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...wpost&t=793006


Ed

See also Message #55.
post #93 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenholde View Post

Can't you just use:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...wpost&t=793006


Ed

Yes you can, but the stlhdtv.info link was created in part due to laziness on
everyones part but mainly as a way to tell new people how to get to us.
post #94 of 12968
I've had my Mits 62825 for 2 years now..... Found this site researching my new Basement theatre (Sony pearl with Onkyo 804) and just wanted to say glad I found you.....

So I read here about the new Moxi with HDMI and was all excited.... Called Charter and they told me to come to the office and switch my moxi for it.... Go to the office and of coarse service guy has to come... Go back and call tell me to go to office.... finally they got it figured out....

Dropped it off yesterday and it was like Christmas.... Hook up the HDMI and the picture looked worse....

Double check and ran the Component into my Onkyo 804 and the HDMI to the TV and sure enough better picture going threw the 804.....

Does this sound right to anyone????
post #95 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouTiger View Post

If you haven't already been there, there is a ton of information on dbstalk. You won't find too many posts that say the unit is great, and a lot of posts of people having all sorts of troubles with it. I just got mine installed on Jan 11th. I have to admit, if I had found dbstalk before I upgraded to the HR20, I probably would have waited about 6 months and just kept monitoring dbstalk waiting for the problems to lessen dramatically. That being said, I haven't had any real issues with my HR20 to date (knock on wood). The very first night we had some loud popping noises and some audio dropout on DirecTv's Channel 30 broadcast, but it didn't last more than a couple of minutes. Also, after I set up my OTA on the HR20, I had a bunch of my Series Links/Season Passes spontaneously cancel themselves only to spontaneously reappear the next morning. But, so far it hasn't missed a recording, frozen up, messed up a recording, or any of the other major problems other people have been reporting. DirecTv just updated the software for the unit yesterday, so we'll see how the unit reacts with it over the next few days. Hopefully, you won't have any issue either. Good Luck!!

Hey, maybe you (or someone else) can answer this:

My Moxi was always "on"...it didn't have a power off, unless you unplugged it from the wall.

The HR20 powers off. If it is powerd off, will it still record scheduled shows? I know it seems like a stupid question, but I have no idea if I have to leave it on, or if it automatically turns on (like vcr's do when the timer is set) or what...
post #96 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschultz View Post

See this for QAM Channels

Other peoples VOD could be porn.

Heres's the list again. ESPN full court basketball and NHL center ice have vanished. They won't even tune in anymore.

Here's ... what I can pick up with a samsung set top and an olevia built in qam tuner from charter.

67-3 TNT HD *could only get with the samsung set top box
79-10 - charter's vod/ppv commercial channel
**NOT AVAILABLE**80-15 thru 80-20 NHL Center ice
**NOT AVAILABLE**81-1 thru 81-6 - ESPN Full court basketball
**NOT AVAILABLE**81-11 thru 81-14 NHL Center ice
82-3 + 82-4 - PBS and PBS kids sub channel
82-6 - CW's sub channel thetube
83-7 - infomercials
90-15 - local real estate
93-61 thru 93-72 - blank with 93-72 having charter's vod/ppv commercials running in a tiny box in the upper right corner
102-3 - ksdk's sub channel weather
105-6 - abc
105-7 my46stl
105-8 thru 106-9 - various infomercials, charter ads, cspan, religious channels, home shopping
106-10 - wgn
106-11 thru 118-30 - more religious channels and infomercials with 118-30 the tvguide channel
After 118-30 - Other people's vod

...and yes, other people's vod includes both softcore and the hardcore variety in addition to everything else.
post #97 of 12968
Skippy -

How are ya man? Long time no talk. How's the new job working out?

Loserland - Is your moxi configured to output 1080i over HDMI? I'm not fo farmiliar with Charter's hardware, so it might be as a default.
post #98 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserland View Post

I've had my Mits 62825 for 2 years now..... Found this site researching my new Basement theatre (Sony pearl with Onkyo 804) and just wanted to say glad I found you.....

So I read here about the new Moxi with HDMI and was all excited.... Called Charter and they told me to come to the office and switch my moxi for it.... Go to the office and of coarse service guy has to come... Go back and call tell me to go to office.... finally they got it figured out....

Dropped it off yesterday and it was like Christmas.... Hook up the HDMI and the picture looked worse....

Double check and ran the Component into my Onkyo 804 and the HDMI to the TV and sure enough better picture going threw the 804.....

Does this sound right to anyone????

Confused what you are doing here, bud.

Are you saying you are running component from the box to the receiver, and then HDMI from the receiver to the TV? Interesting. Not sure why you would be seeing a better picture because of that. I run the HDMI from the box to my own Onkyo, and an HDMI from the Onkyxo to the TV. Picture looks much better for SD then it did with the Moxi, no difference in the HD, still looks great.
post #99 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Jeff View Post

Hey, maybe you (or someone else) can answer this:

My Moxi was always "on"...it didn't have a power off, unless you unplugged it from the wall.

The HR20 powers off. If it is powerd off, will it still record scheduled shows? I know it seems like a stupid question, but I have no idea if I have to leave it on, or if it automatically turns on (like vcr's do when the timer is set) or what...


Yes, it will still record a scheduled recording even if you have turned it off. I know the DirecTivo units, which I also have one of, stays on all of the time. But DirecTv made their units to turn off. I have noticed from some of the postings on dbstalk that some users prefer to keep their units on all of the time thinking that it will reduce the likelihood of the unit locking up on them. It's a personal preference. We turn our off whenever we turn off the tv.
post #100 of 12968
I also had KPLR disappear on me last night (11-1 and 11-2, Directv HR10).
Not sure if its back on yet.

I also lost my Centurytel internet this AM.
Anyone in St. Charles County having trouble with Ctel Internet?

Thanks,
Token
post #101 of 12968
And turn off is a not really true, cuz really, it is in standby. Supposedly it is going to buffer material when it is in standby; however, that isn't always the case.

It uses about 1watt less of energy when it is in Standby.

I just turned off the blue circle of death lights and leave it On all the time.
post #102 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserland View Post

I've had my Mits 62825 for 2 years now..... Found this site researching my new Basement theatre (Sony pearl with Onkyo 804) and just wanted to say glad I found you.....

So I read here about the new Moxi with HDMI and was all excited.... Called Charter and they told me to come to the office and switch my moxi for it.... Go to the office and of coarse service guy has to come... Go back and call tell me to go to office.... finally they got it figured out....

Dropped it off yesterday and it was like Christmas.... Hook up the HDMI and the picture looked worse....

Double check and ran the Component into my Onkyo 804 and the HDMI to the TV and sure enough better picture going threw the 804.....

Does this sound right to anyone????


It could be an HDMI compatibility issue between the Moxi and your Mitsubishi. I have read on other forum where some people are having HDMI issues between the DirecTv HR20 and Samsung televisions. I believe some have done something similar - taken the HDMI from the HR20 to their stereo receiver and then HDMI from the stereo receiver to the television and it would then work.
post #103 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserland View Post

I've had my Mits 62825 for 2 years now..... Found this site researching my new Basement theatre (Sony pearl with Onkyo 804) and just wanted to say glad I found you.....

So I read here about the new Moxi with HDMI and was all excited.... Called Charter and they told me to come to the office and switch my moxi for it.... Go to the office and of coarse service guy has to come... Go back and call tell me to go to office.... finally they got it figured out....

Dropped it off yesterday and it was like Christmas.... Hook up the HDMI and the picture looked worse....

Double check and ran the Component into my Onkyo 804 and the HDMI to the TV and sure enough better picture going threw the 804.....

Does this sound right to anyone????

Help has arrived. I assume the "new Moxi" is the 3416. If so....

Yes, this is a commonly reported problem. Search in Comcasts 3416 thread here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=604142.
post #104 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by _token_ View Post

I also had KPLR disappear on me last night (11-1 and 11-2, Directv HR10).
Not sure if its back on yet.

I also lost my Centurytel internet this AM.
Anyone in St. Charles County having trouble with Ctel Internet?

Thanks,
Token

My Centurytel in O'fallon is fine. Although I can't ever seem to find this freakin' thread anymore without going into the master thread index, pulling up the old, and using the link to this one.

Scott
post #105 of 12968
[Free] Sound & Vision 1-Year Subscription
http://www.freebizmag.com/emailsoundvis01welcome.htm

Just make sure you choose No Thanks. There are a couple of things to fill out. I did this through them for PC Magazine and have received 3 copies already. Two arrived together yesterday.

You can also Opt Out via their Privacy link to not have them send email I have not recived any email from them but opted out anyway.
post #106 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by djearl81 View Post

Skippy -

How are ya man? Long time no talk. How's the new job working out?


Lots have changed since I left working in the black hole that is AT&T.

I am now Director of IT for a local company. More on that offline. Send me PM or email.


The redirect now works everyone!!!

-Rich
post #107 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tucker View Post

My Centurytel in O'fallon is fine. Although I can't ever seem to find this freakin' thread anymore without going into the master thread index, pulling up the old, and using the link to this one.

Scott

OLD
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1&page=1&pp=30
NEW
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=793006
Open the NEW one, save it as a favorite, Rt click the Fav, point it to your desktop as a shortcut...clickity-click
post #108 of 12968
I decided it was time to give my retention friends at Charter a call to see if they were in an accommodating mood.

I prefaced my comments to them by saying that while I don't neccesarily disgree with Charter's stance with Belo & Sinclair, the bottom line is that I am unable to get ABC-HD & now CBS-HD (plus the NFL Network). I stated that I was strongly considering a move to D* and wanted to see what they could do for me.

I have all the HD channels (incl. HBO, Cinemax & Showtime), 1 Moxi, mid-level internet & local phone service via the "Triple Play Package". My current bill runs approx $150 including all taxes, etc. After some manuevering on her part, the retention agent was able to drop my total down to $125 total. She was very nice, gave me her name, employee number & office location (Wisconsin). HOPEFULLY, my next bill will reflect what we discussed.

D* does have some appeal, but I've got to think that Charter will work out the Belo & Sinclair issues before long. I have no problem picking up ABC & CBS with a cheapie pair of rabbit ears, though it is a slight hassle & obviously lacks DVR capabilities. Add in the issue of wiring up my house with it's drywalled basement ceiling, old plaster walls, etc. & I'm going to stick it out for a while. I may change my mind if/when D* adds HD channels & Charter fails to do so.
post #109 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdg454 View Post

OLD
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1&page=1&pp=30
NEW
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=793006
Open the NEW one, save it as a favorite, Rt click the Fav, point it to your desktop as a shortcut...clickity-click

Thank you fine Sir. I had no problem saving it to my favorites. Creating a shortcut on the desktop? Well, I'll save that for another time...

Scott
post #110 of 12968
But now the stlhdtv.info link works, too. WOO HOO!!!!
post #111 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschultz View Post

But now the stlhdtv.info link works, too. WOO HOO!!!!

post #112 of 12968
What did I do????
post #113 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy_rq View Post

...l.


The redirect now works everyone!!!

-Rich

Thank you....
post #114 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschultz View Post

What did I do????

You said the link worked now. What is the link all about?
post #115 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tucker View Post

Thank you fine Sir. I had no problem saving it to my favorites. Creating a shortcut on the desktop? Well, I'll save that for another time...

Scott

Just instead of doing this. That's all.
post #116 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschultz View Post

Just instead of doing this. That's all.

Yeah, i get that. But, let's start over.

What is this link you are referring to. Keep in mind I am 7 years old.

Scott
post #117 of 12968
A while ago Skippy_RQ set up a redirect address (www.stlhdtv.info) to give out to people that would take them directly to this thread. It also takes you to your last viewed post. I believe there was a stlhdtv.com, but that was given up for commercial purposes(IIRC).
Dug
post #118 of 12968
What's the deal with KPLR and their messed up PSIP?

I rebooted, cleared channel list, rescanned for channels and never got 11-1/11-2 to work on my HR10-250, yet my Series 3 was OK.

I didn't even realize it was a PSIP issue until this thread. Is KPLR aware of this?

thanks guys!
post #119 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bester View Post

A while ago Skippy_RQ set up a redirect address (www.stlhdtv.info) to give out to people that would take them directly to this thread. It also takes you to your last viewed post. I believe there was a stlhdtv.com, but that was given up for commercial purposes(IIRC).
Dug


That's right. I set up the original stlhdtv.com domain and sold out. Funny, though, the guy who bought it almost 2 years ago still hasn't done anything with it.
post #120 of 12968
Did you hold it for a pretty ransom though? I hope so.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › St. Louis, MO - HDTV