or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › For all D-Box enthusiasts !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 203

post #6061 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

Went ahead and watched Superman... No time to wait around.
Sell your system man
post #6062 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

Went ahead and watched Superman... No time to wait around.
Sell your system man

Agreed!
post #6063 of 6360
Im afraid it wouldn't sell for very much... Two of the love seats also need warranty repair and have not worked for. About a year... But they are expensive to repair out of warranty. The actuators or the amplifier driving the actuators seems to fail after 2 years. I'm tired of spending the money to replace them. I need to do that though soon because I expect to have more movie parties once I move to a bigger place.
post #6064 of 6360
Well, looks like my setting for motion delay got reset. And I don't remember what I had it set at. Does anybody have a particular scene they use to sync that that works well?
post #6065 of 6360
I know we've discussed it before, but has anyone actually been able to successfully get the PS3 to work with a motion controller via optical?

My Oppo's in the shop right now, so I'm down to my PS3 for playback. I read through the PS3 FAQ on getting simultaneous audio out on HDMI & optical, and I set my sound settings to do audio multi-output and set the outputs for bitstream. I can see that the optical signal is active because of the red light coming out of my optical cable that's feeding into the PS3.

However, my 340C simply doesn't react to the signal.

Any ideas?
post #6066 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

I know we've discussed it before, but has anyone actually been able to successfully get the PS3 to work with a motion controller via optical?

My Oppo's in the shop right now, so I'm down to my PS3 for playback. I read through the PS3 FAQ on getting simultaneous audio out on HDMI & optical, and I set my sound settings to do audio multi-output and set the outputs for bitstream. I can see that the optical signal is active because of the red light coming out of my optical cable that's feeding into the PS3.

However, my 340C simply doesn't react to the signal.

Any ideas?
I just tested the Mede8er MED600X3D media player in order to be able to play 3D .iso files and have both HD audio and spdif simultaneously. The optical output is also active because of the red light coming out but my MCI-2P does not receive a signal. When switching the movie audio from DTS-MA to regular DTS is does receive the signal and my MCI-2P syncs but of course this is not what we are looking for (in the case we don t have HD audio).

I do know that simultaneously optical out and HDMI out (for HD audio) works on the Oppo players (but they don t support 3D .iso anymore) and on the Panasonic Blu-Ray players (I have the BDP-110 which is also Cinavia free smile.gif).

I use my HTPC for 2D movies because the 'D-Box MPC-BE solution' works flawlessly for our purpose (HD audio+D-Box). The problems are 3D movies...... They cannot be played on a regular software player like MPC-BE. You have Powerdvd and Total Media Theater but both do not support dual audio out. (requested this already with them but they won t make it for the tiny group of D-Box users frown.gif).

For 3D this leaves you with a stand-alone player like the Panasonic (because the Oppo does not support .iso anymore). I m at the start of testing some Media Streamers. I now first tested the Mede8er (which is one of the best ( read bug-free) Media Players out there) but this does not work. Going to look into other Media Players.

If only D-Box would release a HDMI solution for us existing D-Box users I would buy this new D-Box decoder immediately.
post #6067 of 6360
Dune base 3d work with 2d/3d. Only downside is that it has problems with some 7.1 tracks, same bug as the max model.
post #6068 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by filkingian View Post

Dune base 3d work with 2d/3d. Only downside is that it has problems with some 7.1 tracks, same bug as the max model.
good to know. Which chipset does it use?
post #6069 of 6360
D-Box's website got some updates. They added links for industrial products including the 6" actuators.
post #6070 of 6360



6" excursion on actuators... will we be able to purchase or retrofit these? I would have to say this would renew my interest in D-Box... I would consider purchasing (5) individual chairs for the second row, and upgrade (retrofit) my existing (3) love seats if that is the case. Otherwise I'm going to use Crowson for the 2nd row of seating... The current 1.5" range of motion is just too limiting. 6" range of motion would change the whole ballgame, if that is true and available for home seating.


At the very least, D-Box needs 3" actuators... 1.5" is simply not enough, period.
Edited by Health Nut - 12/3/13 at 2:41pm
post #6071 of 6360
6" may require a seat belt. i have not asked if this will work, but would like to know.
post #6072 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post




6" excursion on actuators... will we be able to purchase or retrofit these? I would have to say this would renew my interest in D-Box... I would consider purchasing (5) individual chairs for the second row, and upgrade (retrofit) my existing (3) love seats if that is the case. Otherwise I'm going to use Crowson for the 2nd row of seating... The current 1.5" range of motion is just too limiting. 6" range of motion would change the whole ballgame, if that is true and available for home seating.


At the very least, D-Box needs 3" actuators... 1.5" is simply not enough, period.

I would say that these products are not currently available for home use.
Edited by drvais - 12/3/13 at 7:45pm
post #6073 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

6" may require a seat belt. i have not asked if this will work, but would like to know.


I think my point, and many others point is that 6" range doesn't have any disadvantages, only advantages. I doubt a D-Box programmer is going to do a maximum upward instantaneous excursion on one side only.... The 6" range could be used for so many fun or more dramatic effects, all of which can be controlled to user preference, just as motion and tactile settings can be controlled now. Again, no disadvantage when the user is able to control the degree of motion: everyone is happy... those wanting more dramatic effects can have it... those wanting less simply change a setting.

My main point is that 1.5" is not enough... I would settle for 3", but admittedly, I would want the 6".
post #6074 of 6360
6" range! You could really do some breath taking drops and effects with a range like that. Hope the seats have seat belts and air bags. smile.gif

I could probably use them in the garage too for my truck when it's time to change the oil. smile.gif
post #6075 of 6360
I think 6" range could induce motion sickness
post #6076 of 6360
Ok, so if the actuators are the big thing keeping the cost in the stratosphere on this stuff...what percentage of D-BOX consumers would even look at 6". I mean...really...unless there is an easy way to program for both 1.5" and 6" at the same time I can't see this happening to where there would be enough incentive for D-BOX to program for a wide variety of content.

And would these even fit in D-BOX ready chairs?
post #6077 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

Ok, so if the actuators are the big thing keeping the cost in the stratosphere on this stuff...what percentage of D-BOX consumers would even look at 6". I mean...really...unless there is an easy way to program for both 1.5" and 6" at the same time I can't see this happening to where there would be enough incentive for D-BOX to program for a wide variety of content.

And would these even fit in D-BOX ready chairs?


Actually, the actuators are not that bad in cost... Its really the proprietary D-Box coding that makes the cost (D-Box needs to make a living)... What I am saying is that the raw parts are not that expensive... the cost between a 1.5 vs 3 vs 6 inch actuator is trivial difference in cost ... Say its $300.00 more per actuator... I'm not going to complain about $1200.00 more to get such a huge increase in performance. I would pay $2500.00 more per seat, or $4,000.00 more per love seat to have twice the range of motion. I would like 6" range, but I would be happy with 3"

There would be a way to handle the differences in actuator within software development... Its really not a big deal.

In any case, let me know when they come out with something better than the 1.5" excursion... I'm completely bored with it. I could happily live with 3" range of motion, and that is what they had on the gaming system at one point I believe (3" actuators).
post #6078 of 6360
Seeing how The Wolverine was added today to the "Currently Working On" list, it got me to thinking that it's strange Fox didn't allow an A-list title like this to get D-Box treatment from the start. This line of thought also made me realize that I haven't seen a theatrical D-Box release in a while.

Does anyone remember the last day & date (i.e.- codes on the disc) Fox title?

What about the last theatrical D-Box title?

I ask because I kinda wonder if D-Box and Fox had a falling out. For a while, it seemed like Fox was implementing on-disc codes for nearly all of their major features.
post #6079 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

Seeing how The Wolverine was added today to the "Currently Working On" list, it got me to thinking that it's strange Fox didn't allow an A-list title like this to get D-Box treatment from the start. This line of thought also made me realize that I haven't seen a theatrical D-Box release in a while.

Does anyone remember the last day & date (i.e.- codes on the disc) Fox title?

What about the last theatrical D-Box title?

I ask because I kinda wonder if D-Box and Fox had a falling out. For a while, it seemed like Fox was implementing on-disc codes for nearly all of their major features.
Hi , it's good to see "Wolverine "get treated ! How abt "White House Down " , I am really like that movie , if someone like it should get the treated as well , pls send a email to D-Dox pls ! I've just sent my request ! Thx !
post #6080 of 6360
Thats for the post, Ill send an email as well.
post #6081 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Thats for the post, Ill send an email as well.
Thx for doing this !
post #6082 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

6" may require a seat belt. i have not asked if this will work, but would like to know.

It would require an entire set of new codecs. At this point these are being made available for 5D commercial systems development or one off closed loop systems.

Ive asked.smile.gif
post #6083 of 6360
Thank you.
post #6084 of 6360
This 6'' solution from D-Box doesn t interest me at all. For me D-Box is an experience ADD-ON that needs to be subtle. I don t want/need a rollercoater at home. Heck, I even settled on 50% volume because this gives me a better experience.

What I find far more interesting is how D-Box will provide current D-Box users with a HDMI 2.0 solution. The HDMI 2.0 specs are complete and it seems like we are going to loose digital optical/coaxial outputs on upcomming 4K players. This will make the current D-Box decoders useless.
post #6085 of 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

This 6'' solution from D-Box doesn t interest me at all. For me D-Box is an experience ADD-ON that needs to be subtle. I don t want/need a rollercoater at home. Heck, I even settled on 50% volume because this gives me a better experience.

What I find far more interesting is how D-Box will provide current D-Box users with a HDMI 2.0 solution. The HDMI 2.0 specs are complete and it seems like we are going to loose digital optical/coaxial outputs on upcomming 4K players. This will make the current D-Box decoders useless.


So a simple technical solution for HDMI 2.0 is "far more interesting" that fundamentally doubling or tripling the capability of the actuators? I'd say an HDMI solution is necessary, but not interesting, let alone far more interesting. Besides, one of the best parts about D-Box is the ability to customize the motion gain and tactile gain independently. Everybody can achieve what they like. In fact, even if somebody's mood changes for one night, they can adjust the settings for that one night differently, or a particular set of people visiting... the degree of motion and tactile is completely customizeable, so again, a non-issue.

Wake me up when we have at least 3.0" range of motion on the actuators...
Edited by Health Nut - 12/6/13 at 10:38am
post #6086 of 6360
Was hoping Wolverine or Fast and Furious would have been coded by now. Hopefully one of them will be finished for tomorrow....
post #6087 of 6360
Pretty sure it has been Fridays for a while. You weren't seriously expecting them already were you? No, we know you weren't.
post #6088 of 6360
I while ago I did some calculation about release dates. I is BY FAR better then a few years ago. Average was just a little over 2 weeks. That s pretty good if you ask me.

@Health Nut: when can we expect your D-Box system on ebay?
post #6089 of 6360
Fast and Furious 6 codes are out per website.
post #6090 of 6360
Here comes hdmi, or d-box over cable, network etc etc.




New d-box connectivity coming in 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › For all D-Box enthusiasts !