or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › For all D-Box enthusiasts !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 209

post #6241 of 6359
Elysium is on the working on list, thanks tangcoma for the heads up on the D-Box Facebook page.
post #6242 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Elysium is on the working on list, thanks tangcoma for the heads up on the D-Box Facebook page.

GREAT NEWS!!!
post #6243 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Check out this post from Markus http://www.avsforum.com/t/793724/for-all-d-box-enthusiasts/1590#post_15191266

Wow ! That's complicated ! Forget it ! , But still thx for the help !
post #6244 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Elysium is on the working on list, thanks tangcoma for the heads up on the D-Box Facebook page.

No thx ! Just want as many worth titles as we can treated by D-Box ! Don't forget we pay a lot for that(subscription fee) , so we have the right to get more !
post #6245 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma View Post

No thx ! Just want as many worth titles as we can treated by D-Box ! Don't forget we pay a lot for that(subscription fee) , so we have the right to get more !

Elysium should prove to be a great D-Box title
post #6246 of 6359
I hope so, I took the gamble to hold of watching it.
post #6247 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma View Post

Wow ! That's complicated ! Forget it ! , But still thx for the help !
I could probably post it as a Google doc after I put it in excel if you would like to take a look. Let me know and I can PM you the link.
post #6248 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

I could probably post it as a Google doc after I put it in excel if you would like to take a look. Let me know and I can PM you the link.
Really appreciate , but the list is updating , is no use for just one review , and is no way to let u check that out for me every time !
post #6249 of 6359
I posted this about a year and a half ago and only got one response. I'm going to try again. I struck out with D-BOX on this and waiting to hear back from Jaymar. Would like to know if I'm the only one. From what I'm reading, this should be covered under warranty, but I have no idea how it would actually get repaired. Not shipping it to Canada!

I purchased the Jaymar D-BOX branded loveseat used (its a circa 2008 or 2009 design) and have a minor issue with the support bowing towards the middle. What this does is make the motorized recline mechanism catch and will not close completely. There is no support in the middle of the frame so I was wondering if others had this issue? If it is this "bad" on a loveseat, I wonder how bad bowing would be on a couch.

I had a guy look at it who has experience repairing recline mechanisms and the only thing we could come up with what putting a block in the middle to give it support, which allowed it to work better for reclining, but obviously during D-BOX motion it was an issue because the block pushed up on the seating depending on the actuator position.

I don't have any reason to believe the chair was mistreated (I bought it from a dealer and it was not from a showroom but his house), and it sure seems like this is a design issue and a lot of chairs would have the issue. Anybody else? Any ideas for a fix I haven't thought of?

I mean, it is obviously not level if you look at it from the front and it is pretty crappy to have to put up with that on seating supposedly designed for motion that should not bow, but if it gets worse that would also be bad.
post #6250 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

I posted this about a year and a half ago and only got one response. I'm going to try again. I struck out with D-BOX on this and waiting to hear back from Jaymar. Would like to know if I'm the only one. From what I'm reading, this should be covered under warranty, but I have no idea how it would actually get repaired. Not shipping it to Canada!

I purchased the Jaymar D-BOX branded loveseat used (its a circa 2008 or 2009 design) and have a minor issue with the support bowing towards the middle. What this does is make the motorized recline mechanism catch and will not close completely. There is no support in the middle of the frame so I was wondering if others had this issue? If it is this "bad" on a loveseat, I wonder how bad bowing would be on a couch.

I had a guy look at it who has experience repairing recline mechanisms and the only thing we could come up with what putting a block in the middle to give it support, which allowed it to work better for reclining, but obviously during D-BOX motion it was an issue because the block pushed up on the seating depending on the actuator position.

I don't have any reason to believe the chair was mistreated (I bought it from a dealer and it was not from a showroom but his house), and it sure seems like this is a design issue and a lot of chairs would have the issue. Anybody else? Any ideas for a fix I haven't thought of?

I mean, it is obviously not level if you look at it from the front and it is pretty crappy to have to put up with that on seating supposedly designed for motion that should not bow, but if it gets worse that would also be bad.

Hi Matt,

I don't know if I got your problem right... can you post a picture of your D-Box/Jaymar loveseat and the problem you are describing?

I do own such a loveseat myself and I didn't notice any problems with the reclining mechanism with my unit.
I upgraded mine to 3 axis almost instantly after I acquired it, which means that I removed the fixed pivot point that was mounted in the center of the front bar. The whole weight therefore presses down on the four edges of my loveseat.

Cheers!

Markus
post #6251 of 6359
Markus, I can try to get some pictures but they aren't going to tell you much. Basically, when you close the recline mechanism, the leg rests scrape the floor And this is on very thin carpet, with no padding underneath. Everything is bowed down in the middle where there is nothing supporting the seat. If there was an actuator or pivot point in the middle this couldn't happen.

Additionally if both seat rests are extended, they overlap each other, you have to pull one or the other up so one isn't pushed below the other one. A picture of that might help.

The problem isn't with the mechanical recline motor, its that they are fighting against pushing things they shouldn't be pushing against.

Hopefully getting the protector cups under it will raise it just enough that they won't scrape, but the issue with the bowing is still going to be there.
post #6252 of 6359
Cool video.
post #6253 of 6359
Jaymar is starting to piss me off. If I try to search for a dealer, it says there is none near me and says to contact customer service. I've e-mailed them twice this week with no response. Just love how these companies that charge top dollar for their stuff can't even bother to respond to support requests. I have a huge investment in both used and new chairs from them.

I did some searches on the forum here, and most Jaymar mentions are from years ago, but support issues seem to be a recurring theme.
post #6254 of 6359
Jaymar finally responded, and they are making me jump through some hoops, not looking good there.

Found out that my seats should actually be supported by D-BOX -- still trying that route as well. Has anybody ever had actual D-BOX branded chairs been serviced by D-BOX, or at least them facilitating the repair? There should be a lot of these around and I can't be the only one with a structural problem. You can't tell me people just throw these out and start over with the price of them.

I'm confused of if D-BOX still sells chairs they take warranty/service responsibility for, but they definitely did at one time (mid 2000's).
post #6255 of 6359
I'm going to try this again, if you are interested in a Control4 IP driver for D-BOX, please post here or PM me. I have a driver writer lined up that is also a D-BOX owner who might be willing to do it. He was going to do it previously but D-BOX would not fund any development. Have no idea what kind of dollars we are talking about but I'm sure it depends how much interest there is.
post #6256 of 6359
Anyone has a KAI-1P which is not needed any more?
I'd like to try out some games whith D-Box motion enabled :-)
post #6257 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passi View Post

Anyone has a KAI-1P which is not needed any more?
I'd like to try out some games whith D-Box motion enabled :-)

Let me know if you find a good deal on one. I'd like to try one out as well.
post #6258 of 6359
Confused when you say the Kai-p is not needed anymore?

I have a racing sim with 4 dbox actuators and to my knowledge I have the Kai-p device (I think).

Thx,
tum
post #6259 of 6359
Pretty sure he means he wants to buy a used one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult View Post

Confused when you say the Kai-p is not needed anymore?
post #6260 of 6359
Ah. Turls - I also have a control4 system but I can't see how a dbox ip driver would be useful for my racing sim. With that said, please let me know what it might cost to get the driver written.

thx,

tum
post #6261 of 6359
Doubtful it would be applicable to that. Not even sure if the commands would work. Definitely going to need at least a half dozen people willing to fund this to make it likely. More dollars than what I thought. I'm thinking someone else may do it less expensively.
post #6262 of 6359
Sorry, of course what I meant was: If someone has a KAI which he/she isn't using any more, let me know ;-)
post #6263 of 6359
I'm working with D-BOX trying to get my actuators into my D-BOX ready chairs. They have been pretty good to work with through this.

According to D-BOX, 3 actuator recliners are the norm and 4 actuator recliners are rare.

If you buy a new 3 actuator recliner, does it come with the 250lb actuators? Because I think that would be an issue for many of us...me included. When you recline, you are going to have most of the weight on that 250lb actuator, since the 3 actuator models have that one in the back. Seems like the 3rd actuator should be in the front instead to avoid that issue...but the Jaymar 352's I have wouldn't have anywhere obvious to mount the 3rd actuator in front.

Just was very surprised considering this that they said the 3 actuator chairs are almost exclusively sold now. Unless they have the bigger actuators--but I think the limit is 3 actuators to an ACM and if you use the bigger actuators you can only do 2 per ACM...
post #6264 of 6359
They use the 3250i kit, which per their website:
Quote:
  • Actuator seating compatibility: Single seat
  • Number of axes: 3
  • Actuators (per seat): 3
  • Vertical lift: 1.5” / 3.8 cm
  • Final drive mechanism: Electrical
  • Maximum lifting capacity (per actuator): 250 lbs / 114 kg
  • Maximum lifting capacity (per seating area): 750 lbs / 340 kg
  • Actuator orientation: Vertical
  • Installation type: Integrated
  • Actuator dimensions (ea.) (H x W x D) 11.5” x 2.5” x 2.5” / 29.2 cm x 6.4 cm x 6.4 cm
  • Power requirement (per configuration): 120V, 50/60Hz, 3.5 AMP or ACM 230V (for 220V markets)
What is very interesting here is that they used to list these as 600lbs total capacity, but their website has been changed, which leaves me to think that they upgraded this kit.
Where in contrast, the 4250i, 4 actuator kit lists:
Quote:
  • Actuator seating compatibility: Large single seat and/or Loveseat
  • Number of axes: 3
  • Actuators (per seat): 4
  • Vertical lift: 1.5” / 3.8 cm
  • Final drive mechanism: Electrical
  • Maximum lifting capacity (per actuator): 250 lbs / 114 kg
  • Maximum lifting capacity (per seating area): 1,000 lbs / 454 kg
  • Actuator orientation: Vertical
  • Installation type: Integrated
  • Actuator dimensions (ea.) (H x W x D): 11.5” x 2.5” x 2.5” / 29.2 cm x 6.4 cm x 6.4 cm
  • Power requirements (per configuration): 120V, 50/60Hz, 2.5 AMP or ACM 230V (for 220V markets)
The 4250i used to list 800lbs max capacity, so those look to have been upgraded too.

What I also find interesting is that they used to list the SRP-130 and SRP-230 with 750lbs total capacity, but now they list them at 700lbs max load capacity. So where it used to be that buying an SRP was getting a 4250i at a great price, not so anymore.

Since your set is older, I would check with D-Box on their actual specs as I would guess their specs don’t match the current line.
post #6265 of 6359
D-Box has solved the issue with their theater chairs not supporting your head and getting your feet decoupled with the floor. I would like to find a theater that has these installed.




http://library.d-tools.com/Search/Results.aspx?man=D-BOX#pid=ca87dcd6-362d-48a1-9f83-e956b90ace12

Just in case you over look it, these are not for the home.

They have love seats/ Sofa (2, 3, 4 and 5 person seating) coming out for theaters too, but no pictures at this time.
Edited by thxman - 2/28/14 at 5:53am
post #6266 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Since your set is older, I would check with D-Box on their actual specs as I would guess their specs don’t match the current line.

Very informative, thanks. They assure me my configuration will work with 3 actuators per chair. They are even upgrading my ACMs to handle 3 actuators (you have to open them to check and the one I opened only supports 2--I'm pretty sure the others will be the same). The proof will be in the pudding, but I'm pretty impressed how they have worked with me on the configuration. They also assured me that my configuration would be compatible with the new controllers that are coming out.

I hope to send everything off to them next week for reprogramming. I need to look back through the posts here and check the movie lists so I can send a bunch of movies off for re-syncs or coding as well.
post #6267 of 6359
That is great they are working with you, very encouraging. I am confident your config will work and I can't wait to hear how it went. smile.gif
post #6268 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

D-Box has solved the issue with their theater chairs not supporting your head and getting your feet decoupled with the floor. I would like to find a theater that has these installed.




http://library.d-tools.com/Search/Results.aspx?man=D-BOX#pid=ca87dcd6-362d-48a1-9f83-e956b90ace12

Just in case you over look it, these are not for the home.

They have love seats/ Sofa (2, 3, 4 and 5 person seating) coming out for theaters too, but no pictures at this time.

Very cool, thanks for the info. I'm very glad to see this.
post #6269 of 6359
Finally, D-Box is resyncing the other languages again :-)
There are about 80 german discs at D-Box at the moment for Resyncing. So hopefully, there will be many new motion codes for german users in the next weeks!




Pascal
post #6270 of 6359
Well, it finally happened. The Dell Mini Inspiron 10" Netbook that I used for D-Box completely crashed. So, as I shop for another small laptop, I could use a little info:
  • Did the software ever improve enough to only download the motion tracks for only the English audio tracks?
  • What size hard drive do I need to download all motion codes?
  • Since it's been years since I first activated the D-Box software in the original laptop, I don't know what I am going to do to get a new laptop activated. Will I need to contact D-Box again?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › For all D-Box enthusiasts !