Originally Posted by rthompson10
Couple of questions on reading your thread
looks like your bar is attached to your riser- correct? Riser dimensions?
What is your stage size? How much room did you leave behind screen for speakers- sorrry if I missed that?
You also talked about a "2 by" method from BIG to build the curve on the stage- how?
This should help for the riser:
The stage is about 27" deep on the straight portions from the back wall to the edge of the flooring (including 2" overhang). At the widest (center of the curve) it's about 37" deep total. There is about 18.25" of room behind the screen wall for speakers/sub. Tight, but it worked.
How I built the curve:
1. Ripped a piece of 8' OSB to the height of the stage when set on it's edge (same as a 2x6)
2. Cut a piece of 2x6 lumber to about 8" long, and screwed it to the center of the stage.
3. Screwed the OSB (at it's center) to the end of the 2x6 that is sticking out from the front of the stage
4. Bent the OSB into the stage on each end and screwed it to the stage.
5. Cut additional pieces of blocking to fit between the OSB and stage and screwed them to the front of the stage and through the OSB. This gives the OSB it's support.