I've read the 101 and the FAQ, but couldn't find the answer there.
I've got a specific sub setup question: I'm running 1 'real' sub (BagEnd Infrasub 18) + a set of buttkickers (tactile sound) for which I use the second sub pre-out from current pre-pro, the Rotel RSP-1098. This works fine.
Next month I'm getting my Marantz AV8801 with Audyssey MultEQ XT32.
I will first do an Audyssey calibration myself (just to get to know this stuff a bit better), and will then have a Pro calibration.
Now what is the right way to calibrate the sub and the buttkickers?
1. Run Audyssey calibration for sub 1(Bagend) only
2. Activate sub 2 (buttkickers) manually, after calibration.
but on page 137 of the Marantz manual it reads "if you change the speaker settings after performing Audyssey Setup, it will not be possible to set Audyssey MultEQ XT32."
So this doesn't seem the correct way to go about this.
1. Run Audyssey calibration for sub 1(Bagend) and sub 2 (buttkickers)
but as sub 2 is tactile sound, the Audyssey microphone will not pickup any sound, and the setup cannot be complete
So this doesn't seem right either
1. get a 'real' second sub into the system temporarily
2. Run Audyssey calibration for sub 1(Bagend) and sub 2 (temp sub)
3. replace the temp sub with the buttkickers again
but as I understand Audyssey correctly (f2 in the FAQ), XT32 will EQ to the capabilities of the LEAST capable sub.
That's not what I want, as it needs to calibrate for my Bagend, not the temp sub.
Is there an OPTION 4 which will get me what I need?
Thanks for your help!