Busy day today. We got everything working. The client is coming home tonight. It is ready at least for some test runs. Plenty of tweaking to do. Did not get a chance to take many pictures of the projection system in action,but the attached image is one of the set before we adjusted the image to fit the screen.
We have both the Hi Contrast and Hi Brightness lenses for the DPI to play with. After trying both of them I wish I had the best of both combined in one. The Hi Contrast is just a little dim and the Hi Brightness could use a little contrast. The drapes and blinds have not been installed as yet however. There is a fair amount of glare from the windows on the "Glass" surface. With some light control it is going to be awesome!
You lose some light output with the anamorphic lens as well. I am glad I got the HD500 anything less would have been too dim.
These giant mirrors can be difficult to get the geometry right. It took us quite a while to get things "square".The rear mirror is about 8 feet wide. The middle sags ever so little at the top. Pretty long span of metal.The anamorphic tends to exaggerate the sag. It has other geometry issues as well.
It would easy to see the advantages of a zoom and focus model like the Barco. Eliminating the need for the additional lens.
More tweaking on Monday as the DPI rep is going to be in town for the final set up.
Overall everything is working out pretty well. The audio really compliments the big picture. This system has the best bass of any of our installed systems.