or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › MISSION owners thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MISSION owners thread. - Page 11

post #301 of 475
I have a pair of m64i's which are essentially the same speakers as the v62's. Mine are vinyl covered teardrop shaped cabinets as where the v62's are the more conventional rectangular box shaped cabinetry with real wood verniers. They share the same 1" dome tweeter and 6 1/2" woofer in a mass loaded, bass reflex cabinet.

There is no contest between the v62's and the e52's. The floorstanding v62's have the bass, holographic midrange, imaging, BASS, silky highs and did I mention BASS? The v62/m64i loudspeakers are a bargin at $500/pr. IMHO.

I had my m64i's in my HT system and moved them to a 2.0 system for several weeks. They were powered on a 100 watt Parasound poweramp and music played on a Panasonic DVD player. With the speakers placed 8 feet apart and 2 feet from the rear wall and my listening position about 10 feet way from the speakers the wall of sound produced by those speakers was amazing. Thunderous bass (when called for), holographic mids, sparkling highs in a wall of sound. These, are speakers that can hold their own without a subwoofer on music, the bass is that good, but for HT a sub would help shake the floor when Godzilla stomps around.

The v62's (Volare) are the best IMHO of the Volare, m5 and m6 series loudspeakers even though they share the same drivers in different cabinets.
post #302 of 475
I listened to a pair of M33i (I think, single woofer) tower at a local store and really wasn't impressed at all with the speakers. Sounded kinda cheap, not the usual "mission sound"...

Is there a big difference between the M3 and the M6 lines? I know the M3 used a paper cone woofer...

What I am really hoping for is the new 79 series to come to this side of the pond.. I'm not feeling very optimistic that the local mission dealer will carry them tho as all they have is the low end M3 line.
post #303 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Is there a big difference between the M3 and the M6 lines? I know the M3 used a paper cone woofer...

Night and day difference.
post #304 of 475
Any opinions on the 77c? Are the three tweeters overkill? What's the sound like with one woofer and a passive radiator? Trying to find a good match to my 750LE
post #305 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Any opinions on the 77c? Are the three tweeters overkill? What's the sound like with one woofer and a passive radiator? Trying to find a good match to my 750LE

I love my 77c. I don't know if the three tweets are overkill or not. If you mean overkill as in, does the speaker have a top heavy sound, then no. Could they have attained the same performance with only one tweeter? Possibly...I'm honestly not sure.

I don't have a lot of experience with center channel speakers but the 77C produces very clear dialog during movies and is not fatiguing on my ears at all.
post #306 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3truck View Post

I love my 77c. I don't know if the three tweets are overkill or not. If you mean overkill as in, does the speaker have a top heavy sound, then no. Could they have attained the same performance with only one tweeter? Possibly...I'm honestly not sure.

I don't have a lot of experience with center channel speakers but the 77C produces very clear dialog during movies and is not fatiguing on my ears at all.

Just to confirm, you are running the 77c with one woofer and a passive radiator, not the 77c1 with two drivers?

Thanks.
post #307 of 475
Widl West Electronics now has a few Mission pieces. The ones that attracted my attention were the E50 series pieces: two box sized, a column type, and a subwoofer. They were very nice looking too.
post #308 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Just to confirm, you are running the 77c with one woofer and a passive radiator, not the 77c1 with two drivers?

Thanks.

Yes. I'm running the 77c and it is very nice. I have it mated with 773 fronts and 771 surrounds.
post #309 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMineral View Post

Widl West Electronics now has a few Mission pieces. The ones that attracted my attention were the E50 series pieces: two box sized, a column type, and a subwoofer. They were very nice looking too.

OUCH! Those are retail prices. I love my Missions, but...........$800/pr for the e52's........no way. TSTO has them for $350/pr. That's a good buy IMHO. Even at TSTO's regular selling price of $400/pr ain't bad.
post #310 of 475
Hello, I just found the Mission owners forum. I joined the AVS forum a few years ago but had only researched video gear until now. I have had my Mission 732's and 73c for about 13 years now and still cannot bring myself to replace them. I have considered "upgrading" several times, but I still love how these speakers sound. I am currently running an Onkyo tx-sr703 receiver with a Sony dvpnc665p dvd/cd player as my main source unit. I have the 732's as my mains with the 73c as the center (obviously). Bass duties fall upon my Sunfire True Subwoofer which I have had for about 10 years now. My rear speakers are currently non-existent as I just moved and now I am looking for some in-wall rears.
post #311 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdincinci View Post

Hello, I just found the Mission owners forum. I joined the AVS forum a few years ago but had only researched video gear until now. I have had my Mission 732's and 73c for about 13 years now and still cannot bring myself to replace them. I have considered "upgrading" several times, but I still love how these speakers sound. I am currently running an Onkyo tx-sr703 receiver with a Sony dvpnc665p dvd/cd player as my main source unit. I have the 732's as my mains with the 73c as the center (obviously). Bass duties fall upon my Sunfire True Subwoofer which I have had for about 10 years now. My rear speakers are currently non-existent as I just moved and now I am looking for some in-wall rears.

That sounds like a very nice 3.1 system and welcome from the Mission...........Mission..........Missionaries? Mission owners? Mission group. There are quite a few of us Mission owners floating around (we are a loyal bunch). The Sunfire must really round out your system with plenty of bass.
post #312 of 475
Hi all,

I have a pair of Mission bookshelf speakers that came with a Denon stereo set (unfortunately I'm not sure of the model). I plan on using them for my fronts and build a HT system around them (don't have money to buy new fronts now). I was wondering if anyone had any sense which center speaker would be a good match and where I could buy it?


Thanks!

Edit: I attached a picture of the speaker without the grill if that helps.
LL
post #313 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rel88 View Post

Hi all,

I have a pair of Mission bookshelf speakers that came with a Denon stereo set (unfortunately I'm not sure of the model). I plan on using them for my fronts and build a HT system around them (don't have money to buy new fronts now). I was wondering if anyone had any sense which center speaker would be a good match and where I could buy it?


Thanks!

Edit: I attached a picture of the speaker without the grill if that helps.

You have a pair of Mission 732's. Unfortunatley they haven't been made in years (1994). The center speaker (73c) sometimes comes up on eBay as well as the 732's singally or in pairs. Either one would do for a center speaker for your system. I see the 732's listed almost every week.

As far as a mis-matched center, consider a new center speaker from another company where you can buy matching front speakers (say next year) and move the Missions to rear duty. Be sure to not buy a closeout or soon to be discontinued speaker otherwise the matching front speakers might not be available when you decide to buy new front speakers.

Good luck.
post #314 of 475
732 has a semi-transparant white woofer and a different tweeter...

Looks more like a 731
post #315 of 475
Now I am confused..

I picked up a 77c center channel, used of course.

As far as I know, the 77c has a passive radiator in it. I popped off one of the woofers and noticed inside that they are BOTH in fact wired..

Could this be a 77C1? It even says 77C on the sticker..
post #316 of 475
Nice to see here that there are a lot of Mission lovers here on AVS.
Did not know that.

I did hear long time ago the 700 serie's from Mission and 2 years back i did by a new receiver and dvd player.
For them i did need new speakers to.

I did came from a Stereo setup and now have a full 7.1 Setup at my home

Before i bougt mine i did compare them with a set Focals and a KEF iQ9 at my home.

After listening for 2 weeks i chose the Missions.

Great price and a lot of Good Music reproduction. They really sound awsome and better than the Kef's, I couldn't beliefe that first when you read both spec's.

here a few picture's from my speakers.

I have 1 pair Mission M35i for my Fronts and 1 pair Mission M35i as Surround



My Mission M3C2i Center Speaker



Also i have 1 pair Mission M32i on those stands to as Surround Back



My Subwoofer is not from mission, I use a REL Strata V for that job.
The sound is perfect in combination with my Denon's
post #317 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post

Nice to see here that there are a lot of Mission lovers here on AVS.
Did not know that.

I did hear long time ago the 700 serie's from Mission and 2 years back i did by a new receiver and dvd player.
For them i did need new speakers to.

I did came from a Stereo setup and now have a full 7.1 Setup at my home

Before i bougt mine i did compare them with a set Focals and a KEF iQ9 at my home.

After listening for 2 weeks i chose the Missions.

a few months ago, a friend of mine was looking for a pair of speakers and we quickly found out Mission didn't have a distributor here in Canada. he ended up with a pair of KEF iQ7s but actually prefered my Mission m34i's. a few weeks later -- one shop started carrying Mission again..!

anyways, my setup consists of Mission m34i, m3c1i, m31i, m71. i took the m71's from my brother (for now) for a 7.1 setup. i'll need to replace them soon -- hopefully with another pair of m31i's...

enjoy.
post #318 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

a&b sound has some Mission M3 series available in Canada again,
but they want WAY too much for the 32's and 33's ( $450, $600 pair)

That's what happens when a computer company (seanix) runs the show...

I really hope they will pick up the 79 series when it becomes available. Perhaps the M7 line as well
post #319 of 475
I'm tempted to go with 5( 3 across the front 2 for back) 31i's, Or 2 32i's & 3 31i's, Eny thoughts?
post #320 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 View Post

I'm tempted to go with 5( 3 across the front 2 for back) 31i's, Or 2 32i's & 3 31i's, Eny thoughts?

I would go with (3) m32i's across the front and a pair of m31i's for the rear speakers, but only if the matching center channel is not available.

Are the m6 series available in Hong Kong?
post #321 of 475
I have a set of M31is that I power with a Denon component microsystem in my bedroom. Paired with a Athena AS-P300 sub, the system sounds better than my far-more-powerful main system in the living room up to about 85db!

I LOVE how Missions are voiced for rock, jazz and blues. Sadly, I'm having to replace my primary-system mains (pre-Harmon Infinity towers) thanks to a blown voice coil, and since Missions are so hard to find in the U.S. (is there even a distributor any more?) now, I've all but given up on finding a set. Instead, I'm basically trying to figure out which brand sounds most like Missions ...
post #322 of 475
Well I see that the pricing for the new 79 series has been released in the UK

http://www.hifix.co.uk/shop.lasso?shop=MISSION

I wonder if these will ever make it to North America and at what price? They seem pretty high doing a straight currency conversion. For those prices they better sound incredible!
post #323 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Well I see that the pricing for the new 79 series has been released in the UK

http://www.hifix.co.uk/shop.lasso?shop=MISSION

I wonder if these will ever make it to North America and at what price? They seem pretty high doing a straight currency conversion. For those prices they better sound incredible!

Anything from Europe will be expensive because of the exchange rate. Looking at the 2-way monitors w/ 6" woofers for $1,972.60 USD will be a hard sell here. I hope the 79 series is a step up in sound quality over the e series which IMHO is a step down in sound quality from the Volare and m6 series from Mission.
post #324 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterankoman View Post

Anything from Europe will be expensive because of the exchange rate. Looking at the 2-way monitors w/ 6" woofers for $1,972.60 USD will be a hard sell here. I hope the 79 series is a step up in sound quality over the e series which IMHO is a step down in sound quality from the Volare and m6 series from Mission.

Hasn't the 7 series always been the cream of the consumer crop for Mission?
post #325 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Hasn't the 7 series always been the cream of the consumer crop for Mission?

Mission seems to have had a 7 in their numbering system since the 1980's. Model 700, 707, 777, 727, 772 etc. I don't know if the current 7 series speakers are Mission's top of the line. For the last couple of years Mission didn't have a 7 series speaker until the 79 series recently came out. Until the 79 series came out the e8 series was the top of the line which to my eyes and ears was the pinacle of industrail design, but somewhat lacking in the holographic imaging department, but I'm judging the e8 series from the least expensive e series speaker @ $800/ pr. It is possible that the e80 speakers are not indended for main speakers in a 2.1 system, but are intended to be used as rear channels (which is where they currently reside in my HT system, where they excel). I have not heard the $2,000 and $3,000/ pr. Mission's so I cannot dismiss them entirely.

The new 79 series look very similar to some of the older Mission speakers with the front baffle, mid-woofer cone style and side mounted woofers. Speaker designs seem to come in waves. Tall narrow cabinets with multiple small woofers seems to be the rage today. A couple of years ago tall, narrow but deep cabinets were popular with large woofers mounted low on the sides like the "new" 79 series. It's hard to keep up with these trends.
post #326 of 475
OK...so I just purchased two E52s, an M7c1i center, and two stands for 650.00 shipped. My question is...is that the correct center channel for the E52s?

And also, is that a good deal? I've never heard Missions but they came highly recommended.
post #327 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

OK...so I just purchased two E52s, an M7c1i center, and two stands for 650.00 shipped. My question is...is that the correct center channel for the E52s?

And also, is that a good deal? I've never heard Missions but they came highly recommended.

The E5c is the matching center for the E52, that M7c1i should do well for you IMO...but no it's not an exact match.


I'm still looking for a couple more M31i's and a M-Series center...does anyone know if tsto.com will be getting any more in stock?
post #328 of 475
I thought I would pass this website along that I just came across...they claim to be an authorized Mission dealer on their ebay store.

http://www.wildwestelectronics.net/m...-speakers.html


ebay store

http://stores.*********/Wild-West-El...2BSI%26otn%3D4


There prices seem a bit on the high side...
post #329 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

OK...so I just purchased two E52s, an M7c1i center, and two stands for 650.00 shipped. My question is...is that the correct center channel for the E52s?

And also, is that a good deal? I've never heard Missions but they came highly recommended.

Congrats on your new purchase. I am running a pair of e52's for my main speakers of my HT system. I am still using my first Mission center channel speaker (m7c2i) that I bought several years ago and it sounds fine with the e52's. I hope the smaller m7c2i is up to the job. The e52's are excellent as HT front speakers although they were the first Missions that I have bought that really did need a break in period. All of my other mission speakers sounded great out of the box but the e52's sounded harsh and shrill for the first 2 weeks of playing them. Harsh and shrill is a bit overstating the problem but compared to the silky sounding Missions that I already own they sounded rough.

I also own a pair of the Mission m7ds dipole rear channel speakers that I'm less than happy with. The problem that I have with these rear speakers is that they distort with any low frequencies that are fed them. Using a system crossover less than 100 hz they start distorting. I finally got fed up with them and started using my e80's for rear speakers. My advice for rear speakers is to look elsewhere. A pair of Mission e50's or e80's like mine would make fine rear channel speakers as well as other brands that carry small quality speakers.

The only way to get a better price is to watch ebay and snag a pair of the net.

Wild West Electronics is now selling on eBay and one can buy/bid on the e5 series speakers, centers and subwoofers for good prices if they don't get bid up too high.
post #330 of 475
Is there a USA retail price out for the 79 series?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › MISSION owners thread.