or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official AVSForum Marantz question thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official AVSForum Marantz question thread. - Page 2

post #31 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrew View Post

2) this is harder to give a definitive yes/no answer to. There are no true 8 channel (7.1) LPCM sources to test with, and the few 7 channel (6.1) LPCM sources are difficult to see exactly what the 7/8001's are doing to it. Whatever they are doing, it is not consistent and I would have to say that they are not processing them as discrete channels.
3) They will post process 5.1 channel LPCM data streams to 7.1. Or I should say, mine will.

Thanks for the answers mdrew.

So I assume since the answer to 2 isn't definitive, the answer to post processing of 7.1 in "3" is unknown as well.

Hopefully some of this testing can answer these definitively

I'm really starting to lean towards the Marantz, but I'll wait for the results of this testing to purchase. My next amp/receiver purchase is going to have to last quite a few years, so I'm going to wait and be certain I really have a relatively future proof receiver before putting my cash on the counter
post #32 of 1350
I recently installed a new 7001 into our home theater and am having a couple problems I hope someone can help me with. First, our system is:

Panny 9uk 50" Plasma
Direct TV HR20-700 DDS
Oppo 981 DVD
Stealth Accoustics in wall speakers and Subwoofer Mono Amp

Everything is hooked up via HDMI through the Marantz with single cable to monitor.

Issues:

1) At times, the Marantz will just up and switch itself off. Wait about 10-15 second then you turn it back on and it is happy again. This happens about every other day usually within the first 15 minutes of being turned on for the day.

2) Unit is not driving the subwoofer amp in any mode other then when a DVD is playing. We are seeing 5.1 coming to the unit from HD programming but nothing out to the subs. Would think it would drive the subs even when listening to music but, nothing. Set up show we have subwoofer. Doing an auto or manual speaker set-up produces tone through subs so it must be something in the Marantz? Probably a set up issue on my side but I can not figure it out.

3) When changing channels on Direct TV HR20 the video feed to the monitor drops out for a second, flashes, then comes onto the new channel. Display on Marantz shows no signal then signal once again. Think this maybe an issue with the HR20 but thought I would ask.

Thanks for any help, suggestions!
post #33 of 1350
Richard,

How would you recommend setting (what cable types to which inputs) up a 7001 with the following sources:

1) Motorola DVR 6416T (has HDMI out)
2) Denon 2930CI
3) Wii

I am getting video and sound using HDMI from the Denon to HDMI input 2 and coax to Digital Input 4. However, taking HDMI out of the Moto to HDMI Input 1 and Toslink to Dig input 1 gets me sound but no picture (all video content goes the LC-52D92U via HDMI).

Actually, when I toggle the source between DVD and TV, I see the cable channel for 1-2 seconds and then the screen goes totally green. Freaky.

I wonder if the new monoprice HDMI cable I used between the Moto and the 7001 is no good. I know the HDMI port on the Moto is OK since I was using it direct to the Sharp before.

Thanks,
post #34 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 View Post

I recently installed a new 7001 into our home theater and am having a couple problems I hope someone can help me with. First, our system is:

Panny 9uk 50" Plasma
Direct TV HR20-700 DDS
Oppo 981 DVD
Stealth Accoustics in wall speakers and Subwoofer Mono Amp

Everything is hooked up via HDMI through the Marantz with single cable to monitor.

Issues:

1) At times, the Marantz will just up and switch itself off. Wait about 10-15 second then you turn it back on and it is happy again. This happens about every other day usually within the first 15 minutes of being turned on for the day.

2) Unit is not driving the subwoofer amp in any mode other then when a DVD is playing. We are seeing 5.1 coming to the unit from HD programming but nothing out to the subs. Would think it would drive the subs even when listening to music but, nothing. Set up show we have subwoofer. Doing an auto or manual speaker set-up produces tone through subs so it must be something in the Marantz? Probably a set up issue on my side but I can not figure it out.

3) When changing channels on Direct TV HR20 the video feed to the monitor drops out for a second, flashes, then comes onto the new channel. Display on Marantz shows no signal then signal once again. Think this maybe an issue with the HR20 but thought I would ask.

Thanks for any help, suggestions!

1) Try blocking the IR receiving sensor on the right side of the main display window to see if this stops the problem. You may be getting IR interference from something else in the room. Also make sure nothing is accidentally pressing the OFF button on the remote. If these things don't work, you could have a defective receiver.

2) Make sure all your speakers are set to SMALL in the setup menu. If not, the only time you will hear sound from the sub is when a LFE channel is present. LFE is generally present in movies but not in music.

3) HDCP handshake occurs whenever the video resolution changes. If possible, set your HR20 to output at a constant resolution, e.g., 1080i. If you can't do this, and the output resolution changes from channel to channel, then this behavior is normal.
post #35 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrew View Post

I just ran into another issue with the 8001.

I should clarify that. The issue may very well be me, and not the machine.

I don't know why this is happening or if it's something I'm doing, but I have lost my Audyssey EQ settings twice now. The first time I thought is was something I did, but now I'm not so sure because I can't figure out how to do it on purpose. I noticed that something just sounded different, so last night I pulled up the speaker settings, and sure enough, the EQ settings were all zeroed out again. Not the speaker settings, just the EQ settings. All my distances, X-over, and channel adjust levels are the same as I left them.

Twice now, I've ran Audyssey and then I go into manual setup to tweak things to my liking. After I finish, no problems and all settings stay put. But after a few days, something happens (whether it's something I've done or the machine) to zero these settings. Audyssey does some pretty weird stuff like adding twenty feet to my center channel distance and I've found that if I calibrate the speaker DB with a SPL meter after running auto setup, sound is improved slightly.

Is there something I'm doing to re-set' the Audyssey settings?

Hi mdrew,
I had this problem on my 7001. It loses the Audyssey settings, when I power off using the button on the frontpanel of the 7001, when the unit is in stand-by. If I leave it on stand-by or power off using the button when running, no problems....
Hope this helps....
post #36 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strange View Post

Hi mdrew,
I had this problem on my 7001. It loses the Audyssey settings, when I power off using the button on the frontpanel of the 7001, when the unit is in stand-by. If I leave it on stand-by or power off using the button when running, no problems....
Hope this helps....

in pioneer and denon , possibly u can store these settings, actually multiple ones and can be retrieved
post #37 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBoy View Post

1) Try blocking the IR receiving sensor on the right side of the main display window to see if this stops the problem. You may be getting IR interference from something else in the room. Also make sure nothing is accidentally pressing the OFF button on the remote. If these things don't work, you could have a defective receiver.

2) Make sure all your speakers are set to SMALL in the setup menu. If not, the only time you will hear sound from the sub is when a LFE channel is present. LFE is generally present in movies but not in music.

3) HDCP handshake occurs whenever the video resolution changes. If possible, set your HR20 to output at a constant resolution, e.g., 1080i. If you can't do this, and the output resolution changes from channel to channel, then this behavior is normal.

Thanks FLBoy, will give this a try.

1) At first I figured something was hitting the off button on the remote but has happened twice with the remote 5' from anything. Will block off the IR port and see what we get!

2) I think all speakers are set to small but will double check shortly. I am not getting sub output now even with a DVD input!

3) The HR20 changes resolution based on the signal it is receiving. I have yet to figure out a way to force it to a constant resolution. Will learn to live with it!

Will report back after a weekend of testing!
post #38 of 1350
Can somebody give me confirmation of the following issue?

When connecting a 7001 to a projector, I is it true I have to run both HDMI and composite in order to have information overlays (volume setting, etc.) appear on top of video.

I have heard that the 7001 won't support information overlays purely on HDMI. This seems kind of weird. I'll likely run both types of cable anyway (haven't set up yet), but would be great to know for sure how best to get this set up.

FYI, other components:
Denon 3910 DVD
Panasonic AX100 projector

Thanks!
post #39 of 1350
That's not true. There are limits though. The only overlay you get with the OSD is limited to 480P output (which really sucks, but is not uncommon with most receivers). The OSD shouldn't be confused with the menu option screen.

The menu screen does not overlay over anything. It is a completely different screen. When you bring the menu screen up, that's all you see. It works at any output resolution.

The other point of confusion is that you will only get HDMI OSD output if you have selected a composite, S-vid or Component input - only if you use the convert function. Which if you think about it, it makes sense. You need to convert a NON-HDMI inputs to HDMI if you want that input to output HDMI. I believe that is what you may have heard that is causing the confusing.

I just re-read what I wrote and can't come up with verbiage to make it sound less confusing. Ask away for further clarification.
post #40 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrew View Post

I just ran into another issue with the 8001.

I should clarify that. The issue may very well be me, and not the machine.

I don't know why this is happening or if it's something I'm doing, but I have lost my Audyssey EQ settings twice now. The first time I thought is was something I did, but now I'm not so sure because I can't figure out how to do it on purpose. I noticed that something just sounded different, so last night I pulled up the speaker settings, and sure enough, the EQ settings were all zeroed out again. Not the speaker settings, just the EQ settings. All my distances, X-over, and channel adjust levels are the same as I left them.

Twice now, I've ran Audyssey and then I go into manual setup to tweak things to my liking. After I finish, no problems and all settings stay put. But after a few days, something happens (whether it's something I've done or the machine) to zero these settings. Audyssey does some pretty weird stuff like adding twenty feet to my center channel distance and I've found that if I calibrate the speaker DB with a SPL meter after running auto setup, sound is improved slightly.

Is there something I'm doing to re-set' the Audyssey settings?

this has also happened to me twice as well. i never power down with the button on front either. i'd love to hear from marantz the ways this can happen.

also--has anyone had any intermittent issues with lip sync lags? for me it ca be day to day--sometimes it is fine and othertimes i have had to add as much as 190ms of lag to the audio for it to sync up. last night for instance it took 70ms for the dvd AND cable i was watching to sync. this morning, i turn it on, and i had to turn off the lip sync for it to be right. could this be an hdmi handshake issue???
post #41 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by govner View Post

this has also happened to me twice as well. i never power down with the button on front either. i'd love to hear from marantz the ways this can happen.

also--has anyone had any intermittent issues with lip sync lags? for me it ca be day to day--sometimes it is fine and othertimes i have had to add as much as 190ms of lag to the audio for it to sync up. last night for instance it took 70ms for the dvd AND cable i was watching to sync. this morning, i turn it on, and i had to turn off the lip sync for it to be right. could this be an hdmi handshake issue???

I have not used the main power switch. I have had a couple black outs though....that may be the problem. I'll have to give the ol' power button a try.
post #42 of 1350
I am looking at options for whole home audio. I have a Marantz 7001 AV receiver... yet to be installed, set of Boston Acoustics VR2s, centre, sonance ceiling surrounds, (movie room) 3 pairs paradigm in-ceilings, (kitchen,dining, living), Boston Acoustics A150s (sun room), and 3 pairs of PSD bookshelf (office).

Have 36" Panasonic Tau, to be replaced with 50"-60" LCD when they arrive at reasonable price (1080p). 15" TV in kitchen, looking at Dell 30" or Westinghouse 37" for office monitor, and some others in bedrooms, sunroom, etc.

Have been pouring over everything on the net, joined here ($35membership) coupla days ago, and have looked at Marantz 6 channel amps, channel vision 12-channel, used niles and or Denon 12-channel for sound.

Yet to complete wiring, but have jacketed 2xRg6 + 2xCat5e pulled to two spots in kitchen, 2 in office, front porch, 2 in each upper bedroom. Have been waiting to sort out system before rest. (pulled everything down to the studs for a reno in one half of house so far.... )

I seem to be moving towards Channelvision for 12-channel amp. and 4 in 8 out mixer. Various other pieces from CE labs, channelplus, etc.

Questions :

Could TWO Marantz ZR6001SP A/V Receivers be used to provide 6 zones of audio ?
(short answer, yes, you can do anything you want.... would ask for considered responses ;-) ... (I could get two of these for about $350 ea, so am looking at that.)

Can this be reasonably interfaced with video and IR control ?

Do the Front, rear, and surrounds in a 7.1 system offer the ability to play stereo
at the same volume etc (ie to run to 3 pairs of ceilings.) ? They do have same output power.

Are there any deals here on AVS for audio power ?

I like the HDMI interfacing .... but dont have a specific need right now with 7001 in hand.


Thoughts :
2 RG6 cable runs are not enough !! You'll find that running component video will be enticing and 2 RG6 are just not enough to do it. Have wasted hours looking at HD over Cat5, etc etc. Finally opted for composite (RF mod'd with inputs & computer screens) and coax tv to the kitchen HD under the counter.


Great to see the talent in these forums. Have learned a great deal from you folks.

Have a good one... at some point I'll post some lengthy discussion on home audio and what I have done.

Oh yeah... will be adding Mac Mini, with 500 Gig drives for media serving. Have two macbook pros and a powerbook in use. Looking to pick up the Airport Extreme 802.11n shortly .... and some Air tunes boxes as well for running itunes.

Budget isnt crucial, but is getting tighter. Blew about $6k+ boxing day and see about another $2500 to wrap this up.... connectors, amps etc. ... so dont want to go over $1400 (read Canadian at 85% buying power) for amps and mixers ..

I like NAD, Denon, Niles but a bit torquey in price. Is double the price worth the expenditure on the 12-channel for $350/pr ceiling speakers ? I think I can get by with Channelvision or these 6001s if it makes sense.

Comments, queries and replies most welcome.

Cheers
Steve Dimond
Mission, BC, Canada
post #43 of 1350
Oh yes.... I have also a paradigm 1200 sub-woofer.
post #44 of 1350
Could TWO Marantz ZR6001SP A/V Receivers be used to provide 6 zones of audio ?

You could use two 6001s for your whole house audio. I wouldn't recommend it as it has a good chance of noise and interference between the units.

Can this be reasonably interfaced with video and IR control ? Yes it could work with a good matrix switcher.

Do the Front, rear, and surrounds in a 7.1 system offer the ability to play stereo
at the same volume etc (ie to run to 3 pairs of ceilings.) ? They do have same output power.

You can put the processor in all channel stereo mode.

Your budget is tight and the marantz may be your only option in that range not counting the video. I'd consider preiwring for a nicer system and adding components later.

Bob







There are many options for whole house audio/video systems. I'd find a system you like and prewire for it and add the system or parts of it later if budget is tight.
post #45 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL View Post

You could use two 6001s for your whole house audio. I wouldn't recommend it as it has a good chance of noise and interference between the units.

Your budget is tight and the marantz may be your only option in that range not counting the video. I'd consider preiwring for a nicer system and adding components later.

Bob

Thanks Bob

What are the chances of noise and interference with a 7001 feeding a 12-channel amp ? I assume that would not be a problem.
Would you do this through line-out or pre-out ?

Have you any experience with Channelvision A1260 12 -channel ? (60W x12)
(beach audio $674)

I do like the fact that there is a channelvision matrix switcher with IR etc .... for ease of install ... that integrates well to each zone.

Given my system noted, would you have any recommendations for amp ?
Would likely be up to 10 speaker pairs to drive in the long run so would expect a two stage process.

Cheers
sd
post #46 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimond View Post

Thanks Bob

What are the chances of noise and interference with a 7001 feeding a 12-channel amp ? I assume that would not be a problem.
Would you do this through line-out or pre-out ?

Have you any experience with Channelvision A1260 12 -channel ? (60W x12)
(beach audio $674)

I do like the fact that there is a channelvision matrix switcher with IR etc .... for ease of install ... that integrates well to each zone.

Given my system noted, would you have any recommendations for amp ?
Would likely be up to 10 speaker pairs to drive in the long run so would expect a two stage process.

Cheers
sd

You will not have a problem with noise. You would use the multi out jacks. They can be set to line level or variable output depending on you plan to control the volume (i.e. volume controls or the 7001)

I haven't used the channelvision amp but should work fine for your application. You don't need a better amp unless you are going to be playing real loud or using difficult to drive speakers. Then no 12 channel amp will cut it. BTW, you can find the amp for less.

I think you are going to need a good quality AV preamp/ receiver real soon. Trying to use the 7001 as a second zone for that many locations is not ideal but OK as a temporary solution.

If you plan on more than six zones in the future I would suggest using either a Russound CAV6.6 or Niles ZR-8630AV instead of the channelvision matrix switcher and amp. This will allow you to add additional units in the future to expand up to 36 or 18 zones respectively. I know it is more money but if you need more zones it will be worth it in the long run. The channelvision system can only use 6 zones max and is not expandable. If six zones is enough than the channelvision system should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Bob
post #47 of 1350
I am considering the SR7001. Based on the posts it does process 5.1 LPCM into 7.1 matrix, and not sure on the 7.1 discrete LPCM input out to 7.1 speakers. But does it have the LFE bug like the Pio 82/84? Thanks.
post #48 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by satfam View Post

I am considering the SR7001. Based on the posts it does process 5.1 LPCM into 7.1 matrix, and not sure on the 7.1 discrete LPCM input out to 7.1 speakers. But does it have the LFE bug like the Pio 82/84? Thanks.


I am running a denon, and 5.1 pcm has matrix overlay, but have not tried 7.1 pcm movie..any recommendation/

but people with marantz claimed NO SOUND from rear 2 surrounds
post #49 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 View Post

Thanks FLBoy, will give this a try.

1) At first I figured something was hitting the off button on the remote but has happened twice with the remote 5' from anything. Will block off the IR port and see what we get!

2) I think all speakers are set to small but will double check shortly. I am not getting sub output now even with a DVD input!

3) The HR20 changes resolution based on the signal it is receiving. I have yet to figure out a way to force it to a constant resolution. Will learn to live with it!

Will report back after a weekend of testing!

Okay, weekend of testing over:

On unit shutting itself off: Nothing is hitting the remote and tape over the IR input on the unit did not stop it from switching itself off. This morning, it switched off 4 times on my wife while trying to get Sesame Street going for the boy.

On no SW output: All speakers where set to small. If I go through an auto or manual set-up on the speakers I get test tone from the sub. It will then power the sub for a bit with a 5.1 input but a lot of noise (hum) going on. After about 5 minutes, no more sub output.

So, at this point I think I have a bad 7001. What do you guys think?

Thanks, Steve
post #50 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by satfam View Post

I am considering the SR7001. Based on the posts it does process 5.1 LPCM into 7.1 matrix, and not sure on the 7.1 discrete LPCM input out to 7.1 speakers. But does it have the LFE bug like the Pio 82/84? Thanks.


5.1 LPCM into 7.1 matrix works.

I can not get 7.1 LPCM to work properly.

I have not experinced any LFE problems.

Marantz 8001 with PS3 as my BlueRay source.
post #51 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 View Post

So, at this point I think I have a bad 7001. What do you guys think?

Sorry, Steve, but I think so too.

ETA- But ... before you send it back, did you replace the audio cable between the 7001 and the sub and make sure that both ends are fully seated in their respective jacks? Also, regarding the shut downs, this could be caused by a short across one of the speaker connections. Make sure there are no tiny strands of copper shorting the speaker terminations both at the 7001 and at each speaker. (The other way to check this is to set the main volume to minus infinity and see if the shut downs stop. If the shutdowns stop at -oo but resume at normal volume levels, you may have a shorted speaker connection.)
post #52 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBoy View Post

Sorry, Steve, but I think so too.

ETA- But ... before you send it back, did you replace the audio cable between the 7001 and the sub and make sure that both ends are fully seated in their respective jacks? Also, regarding the shut downs, this could be caused by a short across one of the speaker connections. Make sure there are no tiny strands of copper shorting the speaker terminations both at the 7001 and at each speaker. (The other way to check this is to set the main volume to minus infinity and see if the shut downs stop. If the shutdowns stop at -oo but resume at normal volume levels, you may have a shorted speaker connection.)

Will pull the speaker connections tonight and redo/check 100%. If it happens after that, will try the -oo trick to check the other ends (speakers are all in walls and 100% un-accessable without major drywall work). Will also try a new cable, god I feel stupid right now for not having tried that already!

Thx, Steve
post #53 of 1350
Hi guys,

my first post, on this forum...

I have a query with the SR8001 i've just bought. Not sure if i need to change something on the settings. I'm using Marantz DV7600 dvd player connected to SR8001 via hdmi cable (input 2(DVD)). Video connection is from DV7600 connected to a Sharp notevision projector via s-video cable as the projector only have s-video for the best connection. I have 5 speakers (sonus faber solo home, concerto, surround) and Sunfire subwoofer connected to it.
Whenever i play a DVD or CD, there comes a point in time where it skips for a second or 2, which is a bit irritating. I don't think its the DVD player as i have been using it for sometime before getting the SR8001. Is there any similar issue regarding this receiver (via HDMI connection)? Is there any workaround on the settings before i start buying inteconnects?

And one more question, what is the best way to connect these 2 for SACD playback? the one via hdmi is not working, ...yet :-) , i'm still in the process of reading the 2 thick manuals.....

thanks!
Rodel
post #54 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by essentis View Post

Whenever i play a DVD or CD, there comes a point in time where it skips for a second or 2, which is a bit irritating. I don't think its the DVD player as i have been using it for sometime before getting the SR8001. Is there any similar issue regarding this receiver (via HDMI connection)?

And one more question, what is the best way to connect these 2 for SACD playback?

Disc skipping is generally either a player issue or a dirty disc issue. If it is happening on a particular disc, try cleaning the disc with a glass cleaner that does not contain ammonia, rubbing the disk radially from the center out with a soft cloth. If the skipping is happening on all discs, you likely have a player problem. If what you are calling "skipping" is actually audio/video interruption (while the disc plays on, flawlessly), then you could have a HDCP handshake issue. You could try an optical audio connection between the player and the 8001 to see if that eliminates the problem.

You should be able to use the 5.1 analog outputs of the player into the 7.1 analog inputs of the 8001 for SACD audio, assuming that the player can play SACD. If the player can output SACD audio either as LPCM or DSD, the 8001 also should be able to receive that via HDMI. (I am not familiar with your player.)
post #55 of 1350
OK.

Anyone out there able to get a Motorola 6416III DVR to handshake with the the SR7001?

I get either a blank screen, green screen or a blue error message indicating the DVR has a problem with the HDMI repeater and HDCP.

RCN tech just tried a new 3416 with the same result.

Thanks.
post #56 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 View Post

Will pull the speaker connections tonight and redo/check 100%. If it happens after that, will try the -oo trick to check the other ends (speakers are all in walls and 100% un-accessable without major drywall work). Will also try a new cable, god I feel stupid right now for not having tried that already!

Thx, Steve

Re did all the speaker connections at the Marantz and tried two different cables for the SW. Still no SW and the unit shut itself off 4 times in a row this morning. Will be picking up a replacement late this week as pretty sure I just have a bad unit at this point! Thanks for all the help.
post #57 of 1350
It happens. Let us know how the new unit pans out.
post #58 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBoy View Post

Disc skipping is generally either a player issue or a dirty disc issue. If it is happening on a particular disc, try cleaning the disc with a glass cleaner that does not contain ammonia, rubbing the disk radially from the center out with a soft cloth. If the skipping is happening on all discs, you likely have a player problem. If what you are calling "skipping" is actually audio/video interruption (while the disc plays on, flawlessly), then you could have a HDCP handshake issue. You could try an optical audio connection between the player and the 8001 to see if that eliminates the problem.

You should be able to use the 5.1 analog outputs of the player into the 7.1 analog inputs of the 8001 for SACD audio, assuming that the player can play SACD. If the player can output SACD audio either as LPCM or DSD, the 8001 also should be able to receive that via HDMI. (I am not familiar with your player.)

Thanks for the tip. The "skipping" i'm experiencing is on the audio interruption , as like what you have said, the disc plays on flawlessly. I hope there is a way to "fix" this handshake issue via setup manipulation as i am planning on upgrading to a 1080p LCD as soon as the budget permits, and i think it is best for it to be connected via HDMI cables. I'm actually surprised that there will be an HDCP handshake issue as these are of same brand (DVD player is marantz dv7600) and are more or less on the same price range so its a natural combo as i see it. Furthermore, this is one of the reason i chose the receiver, to avoid this kind of issue.

I'll try the optical audio connection , hopefully there will be no problem.

thanks,
rodel
post #59 of 1350
Rodel- When using HDMI for audio from the receiver, in the PREFERENCE setup menu make sure you have set HDMI AUDIO to ENABLE. Not sure what it will do if set to THROUGH, when there is no HDMI display connected.
post #60 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezMFNutz View Post

5.1 LPCM into 7.1 matrix works.

I can not get 7.1 LPCM to work properly.

I have not experinced any LFE problems.

Marantz 8001 with PS3 as my BlueRay source.

What does it do when you get a 7.1 LCPM signal? Does it just not send output to the L/R rear speakers or does it not work at all (no sound)? Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official AVSForum Marantz question thread.