Originally Posted by Cawdor
1. SA Amplifier - Is the SA amplifier worth it? Would the money be better spent on a subwoofer?
2. Reference AV Center - I have to mount the Rev AV above my television. This will place it about 24 inches above the top of the 3.1s. Will this be a problem? The alternatives are to use an A'Diva Ti (or a Duè, if I can find one) below the television or a phantom center.
3. Satellites - If you're using one of Gallo's satellites for the surrounds, how do you like them?
4. Placement - How far should the speakers be from the wall? I saw some posts on Audioholics that recommend 4 feet from the rear wall.
5. Color - All black or black with stainless bulbs?
1. This depends on use, 2ch or HT? I have tried a few subs with my Gallos and nothing can keep up with the speed and tonal quality of the refs. If this was for HT use you probably wouldn't notice, and definitely would benefit from a better sub with this money. With 2ch you probably would notice, and would be better off with the SA.
2. I don't foresee it as a problem, if your processor allows try the phantom center, you might be surprised. The trick is to force yourself to try it for a few days then switch back. I tried it back and forth and didn't like it, but once I used it for a few days I could never go back to having a center.
3. I use the dues and really enjoy them. They match the 3.1s well but not perfectly, and are a little anemic on the bass. I prefer the Ref surrounds as they match better and go deeper, but if you were paying retail I don't think it is worth the price difference.
4. Totally depends on the room. I used the cardas method for placing my speakers, and my listening position uses the 38% method. My speakers ended up being about 4ft into the room, from the front of the speaker to the back of the front wall.
5. Your preference. Many prefer black and stainless, if you are a HT purist you would go with black so the speakers wouldn't be seen during movies...or if you are using the grilles the color doesn't matter much.
Originally Posted by Cawdor
I emailed Gallo about the Due 2 (tentative name). I was told that it will be announced at CEDIA. It will have 2 of the 4" drivers from the Reference AV and the CDT tweeter. Gallo expects to ship it at the end of the first quarter in 2008.
Awesome, thanks for the info, I am looking forward to these speakers.
Originally Posted by soundaround www.soundstage2.com/avtour2007
has a picture of the "Due 2" on their show-coverage website.They seem to be changing their websites around,so I had a bit of time getting to it.Go to highlights for sept. 7 and scroll down.699 and 799 are the prices listed.Doesn't say what the differences are,and I'm assuming the prices are for each,not for a pair.
Well I am excited, I will probably get these soon after they come out. Pricing kills me though, but not as much as I expected, this will probably be the first audio equipment I have purchased new in a while...last new purchase was the Gallo Dues.
Originally Posted by IcemanDallas
There were some earlier posts that indicated that fan noise was an issue with the SA. I can't ever recall mine coming on, at least not that I heard and it made me wonder how your amps are adjusted. My controls, phase, boost are set to flat and my crossover is set at about 55hz. My left and right volume knobs are at about two o'clock. How do you have yours set up?
Mine would come on only with the bass boost being used, and only when watching movies. Usually around 30-45mins in it would come on, but normally I wouldn't be able to hear it. If you are a gamer the sound level was less then my PS2 or Xbox fans. I can't remember the volume settings but they were a little before 12 each.